Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#101 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 1:30 AM
If you have bon voyage, you CANNOT use SimPE to edit characters or neighborhoods, not until the SimPE for bon voyage comes out. Perhaps that's the problem?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 10:03 PM
Thank you very much for this tutorial! Thanks to pure luck, I've got some great looking teens in my Pleasantview 'hood (who knew that Goth trademark nose would actually suit some?!) and have always wanted to just tinker with them.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 2:55 AM
tank you very much will the changes also affect my game this i would like to know please.
Test Subject
#104 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 8:09 PM Last edited by _Katami_Aiala_ : 20th Dec 2007 at 8:22 PM. Reason: Found an answer
EDIT : I found the problem. I had not unchecked "No Meta Informations." Was that in the tutorial? I seemed to have overlooked it and had to read the 2nd page of this thread I didn't delete this post because I was thinking if someone else seems to have this problem, reading my question/answer might help...

I'm not sure why... but my sim is showing up with the name "Unknown". I found him with the Family Information thing under the Resource Tree (the part on the left). I created him in game and moved him directly into a house, saved the game, and exited it. I then opened up SimPE and started to do the tutorial (I admit, I looked around a bit before continuing the tutorial, because the option of searching Neighborhood information really interested me and I wanted to see different options). When I came to the point of finding my sim is named "Unknown" I also realized that all the other sims are named "Unknown" but have their last names intact. I figured maybe I could still extract the Sim by following the second post in this thread but, when I opened the Sim Surgery option... there wasn't SINGLE sim to be found despite that fact that I was using Veronaville and I had never deleted any of the sims that came with that neighborhood. Actually, I had never played that neighborhood until I created this sim to try this tutorial. What had I done wrong to lose the information linked to names and such? Or, what did I do wrong period? (It might not have been name information that I lost, I guess is what I meant) Does this only work for sims that were actually BORN in the game? Thanks in advance for any help.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 9:31 AM
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Instructor
#106 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 2:11 PM
Default Help
K, so I tried to extract my beautiful sim, LUNA WAYNE, that was born in game. I did everything by tutorial, but it doesn't work.
when I go to body shop, there's a sim with same clothes, makeup, hair like Luna, but with different face. She doesn't even have pointed ears like her.
I already cloned her in bodyshop, tried to extract her again but she still gets that other face.
Her face looks right in SimPE (in surgery too).

I was wondering what could go wrong and I think I should tell you that there are two Luna's in Sim Description. One of them is Luna like she looked when she was Young Adult. She doesn't appear is Surgery window. Is that usual?, because I noticed a few other Sims to be written twice. The "old" picture is on a blue background.

I really want to extract that sim, she's really beautiful and many people asked me to share her so.... please, help.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#107 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 10:25 AM
Default THANKS for this tutorial
Okay i followed the brilliant and clear instructions and loaded my sim, started bodyshop and it wasn't there.

So i closed down, looked in savedsims and there it was so i played around with 'arrange icons by'

when i went back into bodyshop there he was!

Thanks thanks thanks!

Nattysims
Simming since the year dot - orignial, sims2, sims 3 - waiting for sims4!!!!!
Test Subject
#108 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 6:09 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#109 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 3:36 AM
Are you sure you are using the very latest body shop? The one that came with your last EP not to sound smarty or anything.
Test Subject
#110 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 11:56 AM
When I click on family description I just see this:

what i'm I doing wrong?!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#111 Old 9th May 2008 at 5:42 PM
Just a thought for fellow Mac users, if you have PC-using simming friends; package up the entire house, family and all, and send it over to said friend. Said friend should, of course, not let a SINGLE sim in this household interact with anybody, or should place it in an empty neighborhood. Your PC friend can then extract the Sim for you, and you owe that friend dinner. lol.

It's a little dangerous, but it's what I'm trying.
Test Subject
#112 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:36 PM
Worked fine for me! Thanks so much! Most of my best sims are borned in game or I made them in CAF, so I didn't knew how to clone them.This helped me out a lot!
Test Subject
#113 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:41 PM
Worked fine for me! Thanks so much! Most of my best sims are borned in game or I made them in CAF, so I didn't knew how to clone them.This helped me out a lot!
Test Subject
#114 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 7:39 PM
This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing this information.
Field Researcher
#115 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:32 AM
Thank you for this tutorial. A gorg sim was born in game and i wanted to clone her cheerz
Test Subject
#116 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 7:56 PM
Thanks sooo much This really helped me x
Banned
#117 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 4:03 PM
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

all the pic's are gone....................................
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 8:28 AM
I wanted to make Fatima Simovitch (Brandi Broke's grandma) but she doesn't appear in the sims pool in the sim surgery tool. How can you find sims that there are not in the sim pool?
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 8:29 AM
Default Cannot Find Sim
I can't find a few sims in the sim pool of sim surgery in SimPe. What should I do can anyone help me?
Test Subject
#120 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 9:58 PM Last edited by BunnyheartS : 9th Mar 2009 at 10:10 PM.
I wanted to extract the Sim I made in CAS, because I seriously messed up the house she and her boyfriend was in. I followed all the above steps for both her and her boyfriend, then installed the Sims to my game with Clean Install, but neither of them are showing up in my game. I have tried enabling custom content several times and it has not work.

They both show up in SimPE and Body Shop. Just not in the game.
Zombie Socks
#121 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:45 PM
It appears none of the pictures are working for this tutorial. I have no problem as I have done this before, but for newbies this might be an issue.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Forum Resident
#122 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 8:01 PM
I could do without the pics and did it the first time, but i know SimPE well.

But i have another question, some people already asked:

Is it possible to get the dead sims? Because they donĀ“t show in the list.
That would be sad

---Maxisdreams---LJ---
Scholar
#123 Old 9th May 2009 at 12:15 AM Last edited by fluttereyes : 9th May 2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: mispelled
Default Custom Content
I'm trying to use this to get rid of unused custom content from my downloads. I wanted to extract the sims I use, delete all other skins and genetics, then thought if I put them back that only their skin and genetics would be there. Not so, as others have said Makeup, eyes, etc, don't package with the sim.

How do we identify which makeup/genetics, etc belong to our sims in simpe? I am new to SimPE and hope someone can answer the question for all of us who have asked. It is the makeup and genetics that make the sim.
Test Subject
#124 Old 9th May 2009 at 8:29 PM
I have done all of this and when I try to package the cloned sim, it says:

Error code:5

Transaction ID: 748544381
Test Subject
#125 Old 13th May 2009 at 9:20 PM
thanks! Now I can share my simms!
Page 5 of 7