Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-West Weasels- A Cozy and Quaint Full Neighborhood

by Phaenoh Posted 2nd Mar 2010 at 7:42 PM - Updated 23rd Nov 2011 at 5:10 AM by Phaenoh

177 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 140 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 8
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 4:03 PM
You need to download the CC file as well. Neighborhoods are not packaged like lots, they don't bring the CC with them.
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 10:00 PM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 11:19 PM
Thanks so much, this is terrific! I can't tell you how great it was to just start up my game and have all these great houses and community lots. Thanks so much for your hard work.
Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 10:18 PM
Oh dash it! >,< I absolutely LOVE the look of this 'hood, but I haven't got MG!! :'( So not fair. It really is great though, well done for all the continuous effort!!
I'm trying to make my own neighbour hood, but it's taking so long! >,< Keeping at it though so it's all good

LiveJournal - For my Rainbow Legacy, Legacy, Victorial Social Class Challenge; With a Twist!, and more stuff!
DreamWidth - For downloads!
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 8:40 PM
I have been playing this hood for a week now and love it. But I did go to the treefort and found that no one can us any of the ladders or stairs to get into the tree house. But I still love this hood and all the great work you put into it.
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 9:01 AM
Oh wow Now this is a real treat, thank you very much for the hard work and for sharing such a beautiful neighborhood! :lovestruc
I love cute things like this, I feel spoiled !!
Merci beaucoup ;-)

LaGouLue, because I'm Worth It :)
Scholar
#57 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 8:03 PM
Congrats on your feature Phae! It is more than well deserved! You did such an outstanding and amazing job!

Thank you so much for your awesome work!
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 6:00 PM Last edited by billielith : 28th Apr 2010 at 1:37 PM.
Really, really nice. I really wish I had Seasons installed. It's really cozy, and magic, and wonderful. x

And I might eventually have renters for your Hermit's Hut.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
#59 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 7:14 PM
Someone asked earlier if this could be made into a subneighborhood, specifically a Shopping District. I have never seen that tutorial that HP directed that poster to, but I don`t need it. I`ll just create an arbitrary subhood, use Mootilda`s HoodReplace to copy the terrain, and install the lots by hand. I`m downloading the entire thing [or attempting to, anyway] as I type.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 10:22 PM
That's the method I've used. The tutorial HP suggested will not work for this as its not a Maxis hood.
Test Subject
#61 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 7:59 AM
Wonderful! Thanks a lot
Instructor
#62 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 1:57 PM
This is AWESOME!!! I just wish I had the mansion and garden stuff pack....
Test Subject
#63 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 7:17 PM
This is the perfect little neighborhood to put all my aging parents in, i feel bad when all the kids move out and then they kind of get forgotten, but this will be the perfect for their retirement home! thanks so much, I love your work, and your style. You are a truly talented creator.
<3
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 9:03 PM
Okay, so I'm stupid...was looking forward to getting all the quirky but nice Sims, too. Hmmmm....I have to create my own? :-( lol Ah, well....neighborhood is beautiful. I can't believe the work put into it. Thank you for sharing :-) BTW, I had no trouble getting this into my game AFTER I remembered to change the file names. I kept getting a box insisting I had to insert the disc first...but it downloaded anyway after the file name change...and I'm good.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 10:32 PM
If you want the quirky but nice sims, i recommend you download my Sci-F Starters families. I've added all of them to this hood and the are blending in nicely.
Test Subject
#66 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 8:16 PM
I have All expansion packs and Celebration,h&m ,kitchin and bath And store edition and it works great
Test Subject
#67 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 10:37 PM
Oh my god that's amazing.
Test Subject
#68 Old 1st May 2010 at 8:29 PM
I get an error and am unable to open up the Part 1 file. I've downloaded it several times; however, it's still not working correctly. Can you help? Also, do I need to download all the lots/houses as well? Thanks.
#69 Old 3rd May 2010 at 7:13 PM
The instructions for how to open Part 1 correctly have already been posted. Please go back and read them.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 3rd May 2010 at 7:15 PM
You need to download part 1 and part 2 and remove all the MTS_353959 stuff in the front. Then unrar them together (highlight both and click unrar). You need to download the CC folder but not all the individual houses. The instructions are at the bottom of the main post.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 4th May 2010 at 4:35 PM
Congratulations on this huge and talented work, "hats off" as they say in France.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 5th May 2010 at 10:14 PM
I feel like an idiot... I'm following your directions but I am lost with the 'MTS_353959 stuff' that you say to remove. Is that the cc, because I put that in it's own folder in downloads, but I'm getting that 'extract from a previous volume' error message, as some others have also posted.
I have one folder called N327 that has characters, lots, storytelling, thumbnails, 2 DBPF packages, and 2 PNGI packages. I'm missing the SC4 file and the other 2 PNGI packs. I think the N327 folder should go into the Neigborhood folder, but that dang part 2 rar is giving me fits.
What am I doing wrong?
I just bought and installed M&G so I could download this hood, so I'm dying to play it.
Donna
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 5th May 2010 at 10:52 PM
Don't unrar anything until you rename the archives. Then select them both at the same time and unrar.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 6th May 2010 at 2:06 AM
I renamed them wwpart1.rar and wwpart2.rar and I get ! C:\Documents and Settings\Donna\My Documents\Downloads\wwpart1.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack N327\Lots\N327_Lot67.package
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 6th May 2010 at 4:59 AM
Are you unraring them together at the same time? You can't click unrar one and then the other, the program must be doing them at the same time.
Page 3 of 8