Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAST yourself a chimney!

by armiel Posted 31st Jan 2011 at 5:37 PM - Updated 29th Oct 2011 at 2:39 PM by armiel

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 5
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Groosalugg
this crashes my game, i have all EPs installed, i also have the other previous pieces you made.

Do you have ALL the pieces from the first rar extracted to your packages? Have you cleared game caches? Can you see the fireplaces on catalog? At what point does the game crash? Do you have any other downloads that changes the CFIR of the fireplaces? Do you have mods installed? Did you install anything else at the same time you installed these?

Please answer these questions so I can work it out.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Mad Poster
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 12:01 PM
I have all EP's and SP's, including Outdoor Living and the newest Patch. I dont have any issues with them at all.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 1:16 PM
Thank you Mikey

That should rule out patching causing trouble, cause if they work for one after patching they should for all. The problem for Groosalugg is something else.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 11:14 PM
Yes! This is amazing. Thanks so much, I will definitely be using these
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator THANKS POST
#30 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 2:43 AM
Absolutely fantastic armiel! Congratulations on the feature as well. Much deserved!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#31 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 2:53 AM
Totally called it! Congrats on the feature armiel, soo deserved . Such a brilliant idea to do the chimneys in the first place. Now that they automatically replace the defaults, it's just so awesome!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#32 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:10 AM
Congratulations on the Feature armiel! You deserve it. Theses are truly an amazing piece of Sim-technology.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 5:45 AM
you're awesome
Veteran Finn
Original Poster
#34 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 6:44 AM
Thanks you all :_D
Test Subject
#35 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 7:03 AM
Today i had a crash. testing cheats and moveobjects on was enabled. I tried to put a fireplace in an existing home. removed the fireplace that existed in the house before placing the new fireplace down on the wall. I then clicked to move the front (the part of the fireplace that is inside the house) and the game crashed. i have all eps and stuffs up to Late Night. Note: Before playing tonight, i uninstalled everything and then reinstalled / patched up each ep/stuff until everything was current. (that last patch blew up the base game) I noticed the chimney (red brick default one) was visable outside the house as I tried to move the front of the fireplace. In other words, it didn't seem attached to the fireplace at the point of moving.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 7:18 AM
berng00

If you have moveobjects on you need to delete every piece of the earlier fireplace and chimney individually. The cause of the crash might have been that you had both default and my chimney both trying to use same fireplace.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#37 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 8:56 AM
Fabulous work Armi! ♥
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#38 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 2:41 PM
What are the criteria for deciding which chimneys can use these - I mean, why these fireplaces but not the Fireplace 2.0 (basegame) or Nu Horizons (LN)? Could those fireplace's chimneys be made CAStable using your method, or is there a specific obstacle?

If you must know, I have a three-tile cfe gap in a master bedroom. Turns out you can place fireplaces over cfe gaps, if only I had a three-tile CAStable-chimney fireplace .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 4:59 PM
Whitey,
Those names say nothing to me, but I asume you mean the big ones with wider chimneys and two tops.
I didn't make the two tile ones, cause they have double top, and that would mean meshing separate chimney pieces and fiddling with the tops.

For the 3/4 gap you could use the chimney_wall_top pieces. They should be moveable up and down like the fake piece. Should. Or if you don't mind little overlapping, you can use the full wall height piece. All the pieces can be bought, are in misc. deco.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 2:33 PM
You are a treasure. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 8:35 AM
Here is a tip - if you want a fireplace with one of the other chimneys you can use moveobjects on and drag it from the other fireplace to the one that you want.
Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 1:44 PM
I'm confused! What is this exactly? Is it like chimney re-colours? :S

Someone please help me out here!
Blenderized to Pieces
#43 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 6:50 PM
Thank you! These are needed so much! :0)
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 10:51 AM
Hi, I'm having trouble recolouring your fake chimneys, I can only do it using the randomise button, I cannot select my own texture for them! Do you know how I can fix this? I have all the expansion packs and patches, and the fast lane stuff pack.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simgrassalidale
Hi, I'm having trouble recolouring your fake chimneys, I can only do it using the randomise button, I cannot select my own texture for them! Do you know how I can fix this? I have all the expansion packs and patches, and the fast lane stuff pack.

Did you read the "how to"/watch the tutorial?

Also, my fake chimneys are a different upload, this is CAST yourself a chimney!-upload. Which one are you having trouble with?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 8:59 PM
This is too awesome! Thank you so much :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 9:21 AM
Excellent work! This is certainly a must-have. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 1:09 AM
Just discovered these today and I have to say WOW!

What an absolutely fantastic idea! Thank you so much!

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 1:41 AM
I have hated only having red brick chimneys available up till now. Thanks for the CAST yourself a chimney!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 6:12 AM
Thank you SO much for these. They're great and I've been trying to make them for ages. I kept screwing one file up or another and they never worked. You rock! Thank you! Thank you!
Page 2 of 5