Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 5:17 PM Last edited by magicslippers : 28th Jan 2015 at 7:24 PM.
Default About Motive Decay
First of all, i am not sure if this is the correct section, and i apologize if this is not.

I was wondering (nothing good ever comes from that ), if it is possible to create a motive decay mod for only one age group?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 10:49 PM
I'm almost certain it would be, because toddlers and elders have different levels of motive decay to adults. Toddlers get tired quicker, and elders sleep less and pee more often. Where you'd start with it, I have no idea. Perhaps look at an elders or toddlers sleep longer hack for starters?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I'm almost certain it would be, because toddlers and elders have different levels of motive decay to adults. Toddlers get tired quicker, and elders sleep less and pee more often. Where you'd start with it, I have no idea. Perhaps look at an elders or toddlers sleep longer hack for starters?

Thanks for the reply I'm trying to figure out how to reduce toddlers' annoyance factor by slowing down their motive decay (all they ever do is scream, it could be my playstyle tho ), so this is good news
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magicslippers
Thanks for the reply I'm trying to figure out how to reduce toddlers' annoyance factor by slowing down their motive decay (all they ever do is scream, it could be my playstyle tho ), so this is good news

In http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,152.0.html they made mods for bladder decay for different ages group (elders, toddlers, pregnancy etc), perhaps looking at them it would help you figure how to make your own?

While we are on decays, I wonder if someone can help -
I was searching to find the "default" decay values, does anyone know?
For example: what is normal hunger decay per hour, or say if a sim is sitting home all alone while family is at work/school, what's his social decay?
(I need that to fix unreal or non-existing decays in some careers where sims come home from work happier, less tired etc compared to how they left).
Thanks