Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 8:28 PM
Help for a New Builder and CC Creator
Hello. I have been a member for quite some time and have downloaded lots of wonderful things from ModTheSims. All I have every done else here is log in to thank creators, which is why I logged in today. But something else is on my mind. I am more or less a "builder" although I do sim (mostly in Sims 2 because I like the "game aspect," art style, and whimsy of the Sims 2.) I have recently gotten into creating custom content (mostly recolors and TS2toTS4 and TS3toTS4 conversions. Every once in a while I do a NOCC build and the one I put on the Sims 4 Gallery got a good response.

I have been scared to offer my creations here on ModTheSims for fear of rejection. I think my feelings would really get hurt if my stuff was rejected, especially if I didn't know why or how to fix my submission. And that does seem to be a problem here, that Moderators don't give feedback when they reject a submission. So I was thinking about creating my own website or a blog to post my things and using SimFileShare to host the files for download.

This isn't about stealing other people's content. I plan to provide links where ever possible and required back to the originator. I am a simmer, not just a builder/creator, so I often modify custom content I download to use in game, changing the pricing or sometimes the effects of an item, just in case the creator made a nice looking, useful object, but there is a problem with it because it's way too cheap (usually) or way too "magical." Sometimes I might create additional recolors, too. So what then?

Any thoughts about where I might put my blog? What are the best places for this sort of thing? Can anyone provide an invite to SimFileShare? Or am I being too sensitive? Maybe I could put up some of my creations for feedback here? I would really like to share here because ModTheSims has been my "go to" website for custom content for many years. I have some nice, basic bathroom recolors, very useful, that I would like to share. It would be a way to give back to the community which has been such a big part of my Sims hobby for so many years. I feel like I make nice things and I want to share with other simmers because it makes creating them more worthwhile.

I hope someone will reply. I just need a little support and feedback so I can become a little more in this community than just a downloader and "thanker."
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 10:38 PM
Hi @jessb66

I sent you a code for sims File Share.

I can't really advise on blogs, as I don't have one. But I can advise that uploading to MTS isn't really that difficult, and mods do provide help if they require changes for your upload.

There is a feedback forum on this site, but it's really for helping people with uploads for this site.
http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=473

You can ask specific questions in the Modding or building forums, though.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jessb66
Hello. I have been a member for quite some time and have downloaded lots of wonderful things from ModTheSims. All I have every done else here is log in to thank creators, which is why I logged in today. But something else is on my mind. I am more or less a "builder" although I do sim (mostly in Sims 2 because I like the "game aspect," art style, and whimsy of the Sims 2.) I have recently gotten into creating custom content (mostly recolors and TS2toTS4 and TS3toTS4 conversions. Every once in a while I do a NOCC build and the one I put on the Sims 4 Gallery got a good response.

I have been scared to offer my creations here on ModTheSims for fear of rejection. I think my feelings would really get hurt if my stuff was rejected, especially if I didn't know why or how to fix my submission. And that does seem to be a problem here, that Moderators don't give feedback when they reject a submission. So I was thinking about creating my own website or a blog to post my things and using SimFileShare to host the files for download.

This isn't about stealing other people's content. I plan to provide links where ever possible and required back to the originator. I am a simmer, not just a builder/creator, so I often modify custom content I download to use in game, changing the pricing or sometimes the effects of an item, just in case the creator made a nice looking, useful object, but there is a problem with it because it's way too cheap (usually) or way too "magical." Sometimes I might create additional recolors, too. So what then?

Any thoughts about where I might put my blog? What are the best places for this sort of thing? Can anyone provide an invite to SimFileShare? Or am I being too sensitive? Maybe I could put up some of my creations for feedback here? I would really like to share here because ModTheSims has been my "go to" website for custom content for many years. I have some nice, basic bathroom recolors, very useful, that I would like to share. It would be a way to give back to the community which has been such a big part of my Sims hobby for so many years. I feel like I make nice things and I want to share with other simmers because it makes creating them more worthwhile.

I hope someone will reply. I just need a little support and feedback so I can become a little more in this community than just a downloader and "thanker."

Hallo @jessb66

You should try the feedback forum as a gradual thing. You will get more used to getting feedback and learn what others think about your things.

When it comes to blogging, I can tell you there are several different places. It's a bit of a learning curve though. Tumblr can be used, but I don't know if it can be called blog really. You will get feedback there as well, when you get to know the place and find others to follow. It often works like a mutual thing, "I follow you and you follow me" kind of. Then it's Twitter of course, you can post pictures and again get feedback, but if you don't do much they forget about you. Then you have pinterest and instagram for posting pictures and again find others with mutual interests.

Then it's the blogspots, wix etc, if you don't oppose a bit of work and getting used to. If you don't mind a learning curve wordpress can provide you with a freestanding site on their hosting, or even higher learning curve can give you a freestanding blog on a separate hosting site. Wordpress has a very wide range of things you can do to make your site what you want. There are also many other sites you can try, the options increase every year.

Good luck on your personal development
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:36 PM
I use Tumblr and a dropbox for sending files :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 9:42 PM
Hi, sorry I did not understand this topic completely, so how should I do to upload a build of mine in modthesims? Do you use mods and c.c.'s in your constructions? My constructs have many mods and c.c.'s from other creators and some links from some creators no longer exist however on my tumblr I usually mention all creators at the end of my download posts. I await directions. Thank you.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 12:45 AM
@cassia798

Click 'Create' on the menu at the top of the page.

On the right where it says 'creator forums' you'll see links to the creator guidelines, creator feedback forums and also the link to upload your files.

You can read the guidelines to see what is required to upload here.