Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:07 AM
Default Oasis Landing Dystopia as a home world?
I know that Oasis Landing has been made into a home world instead of a sub on the normal setting, but I was wondering if anyone has done it as the Dystopia setting or if it is possible?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 1:42 AM
......bump
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 11:37 AM
You can stay in it as long as you want and just "live" there. But if you truly want to treat it as a home world, I'd suggest trying out Nraas' Traveler module. Though I'm not sure how this works with Oasis Landing, because I haven't really used Traveler at all, aside for some settings.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 12:06 PM
Hm, if you travel to OL and stay there indefinitely this still means that you will have to deal with the whole future travel stuff, like descendants, Emit hanging around and an old world .nhd file wasting HD space. So, I can definitely understand the want to have it as a separate playable world file. But the question is whether this will be possible for Dystopia or Utopia. From how I understand this these two versions of OL are not separate worlds but the default one simply changed with event markers, similar to the Seasons markers, so my guess is that one would have to rebuild OL with the changed Dystopia appearances and figure out how to permanently trigger the Dystopia scenario in a home world.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 7:09 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll try traveler
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 9:22 PM
Margaret Pendragon's site has three versions of the Oasis Landing, none as a dystopia.
But she does have a link to Burnt Waffles dystopian lighting... Don't know if that would do. It's here: http://simsl3gacies.com/blog/2014/0...s-a-home-world/