Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Spice Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:08 PM
Default WCIF break-in mod?
Is there a mod that lets you break into NPC houses? Preferably one with little-to-no chance of failure? Actually, a mod that just plain opened up NPC houses by default would be better yet. It almost seems like there's already a way to do some of this in-game, but I couldn't tell you how, if so.
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:45 PM
If by "open" you mean look into an NPC's house, that's a setting with MC that you can activate. Not sure if it's attached to a cheats module, though.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Spice Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
If by "open" you mean look into an NPC's house, that's a setting with MC that you can activate. Not sure if it's attached to a cheats module, though.

I'd forgotten about that. Does that make the house actually accessible? The one time I'd used that feature, it didn't work, as I was using it not to get inside a private area, but to get a big lot to load faster, which obviously, didn't work, and I'm not entirely sure in retrospect why I thought it would. I guess it's because it was acting similar to a private lot.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 2:38 AM
I know there is a vanilla break in option available under certain circumstances to Sims in the Private Investigator Profession, complete with lockpicking animation. If there isn't a mod that enables that interaction universally, I can't imagine it would be too difficult to implement for anyone who knows scripting...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 10:37 AM
I can do that with NRaas HomeOpener though I've just used it to peek inside inactive houses to see what my other playable sims are doing in their homes.