Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 8:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default How do i uninstall game mods?
The help thing tells you how to install.But not how to un install.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 8:27 AM
Mods that are .package files in The Sims 3/Mods/Packages can be uninstalled by deleting, moving or changing the extension of the .package file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Mods that are .package files in The Sims 3/Mods/Packages can be uninstalled by deleting, moving or changing the extension of the .package file.

Where are these package files?
Im using the monkey helper thing.So idk where it puts them.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 8:35 AM
I just told you where it puts them

There should be a folder called The Sims 3, which is where the game's .exe file is... that depends on where you installed the game. (If you don't know what folder that is, do a search for TS3.exe.) Under that folder, the packages are in /mods/packages.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 4:37 PM
Default Trying to help
Quote: Originally posted by Reignoflife
Where are these package files?
Im using the monkey helper thing.So idk where it puts them.

I am not sure about the Monkey file extractor thing because I use the WinRAR file extractor, but when you sign up for this site you can download a "Mods" folder for your mods which is found in your Sims 3 folder in documents (File Explorer> Documents> Electronic Arts> Sims 3> Mods> Package/Overrides), you could check there, if they are not there or you don't have that special downloaded file, try searching in your search bar in file exploarer the name of the type of file it is (i.e .package, .zip, .rar, ect), I noticed most Mods are .Package Files since I have been downloading mods on here. hope this can help it is my first time trying to help someone out on here since my sign up! (^_^)
Site Helper
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 6:50 PM
The monkey thing is outdated. It's putting your CC in the spot that modders were using before EA finally figured out that we might actually want mods in our game and allowed us to have an easier method. They currently would be in Program Files in your game.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Way_to_New_Way is a step by step walkthrough on how to move your CC folders from Program Files to Documents. I strongly suggest that you consider doing that. Remember to follow the instructions exactly. You will have to completely reinstall your game if you delete the wrong files.

Even if you decide to continue doing things the old way, that article does tell you exactly where to look for your Mods folder.

Edit: If you do change to the New way, you should also stop using the Monkey thing. Just get an extractor like 7-zip and extract the packages into your Packages folder (I use a subfolder called "Newly Downloaded," where things live for at least 6 months until I'm sure that I really want them.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 12:09 AM
(whispers from the sidelines) psst! Helpful advice, but might wanna check out the posting date and the last time the Monkey Helper user player actually logged in. I really don't think they've been sitting around for almost 8 years waiting for an answer.
Site Helper
#8 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 12:10 AM
Oops.

At least I'm not the one who necroed it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook