Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:08 PM
Default Need help thinking ... :D
Ok, I hope this is in the right place ...

First of all, I'm tired. So if this ends up not making sense, don't hesitate to ask for clarification. I'll clarify after I've slept. :D

Ok, basically what I'm asking is this:
I have a character who needs some kind of *something* that has happened in her past that did major damage to her self-esteem.
K? :D

I'm just looking for various people's input to see what various peoples think :D

Umm ... a bit more about the character, at the time of said event, she's mid-30's, well established in her career as an fbi agent (doing a lot of undercover work) ... and she's pretty strong emotionally ... (basically, it has to be something major) ...
One thing that's definately out is she can't lose her job. Why? She has to have it later on in her life :D
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:11 PM
How about something relationshippy? That can be a big blow to one's sense of self-worth and such...

A parent who never really gave her hugs or attention, and ignored her achievements when she was a child? A close friend who suddenly cut off contact? A boyfriend who broke up to her and said some very cruel things to her in the process?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
#3 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 2:32 PM
How about a twist with this topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gakv...feature=related
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 12:57 PM
Thanks guys so far!

edit: It's got to happen during that mid-30's time range ... so like in HP's reply, the boyfriend thing would work, but not the parents thing ... I obviously didn't make that clear at all from the first post :snore: ... (hey, still good suggestions ...)
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 4:06 PM
How about a psychoctic depression? Or just a depression in general. I've got a psychotic depression and it's really effected my life. So maybe that for the story?

Call me Tiffa :D
Thanks to everyone for their custom downloads!