Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 10:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Showtime
Default EA Download Manager.
Hey guys! I have fixed my version 0.0.0.0 problem (I had to uninstall the sims 3 and re-install it) But i'm scared it's gonna happen again. I downloaded the EA download manager because the game wouldn't let me update it without the EA Download Manager. So I got it but what I did last time was I uninstalled the EA Manager before my game went version 0.0.0.0 I think that's what made my game do that but I'm not sure. Does the EA Manager have any problems? People say that the EA Download Manager is bad and I don't know whether to keep it or uninstall it! PLEASE HELP and SHARE YOUR OPINIONS. THANK YOU! <3
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 12:06 PM
The EA Download Manager is outdated software and has been replaced by EA Origin. I doubt that it still functions and you don't need it for patching if you download the manual patches from here or any other site that keeps the patches in archives. I, at least, have neither EA Download Manager nor Origin installed. But I denied the permission to install right in the beginning. I could well imagine that installing it first and then uninstalling it later can mess up your registry or game data. It is EA software after all.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2014 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
The EA Download Manager is outdated software and has been replaced by EA Origin. I doubt that it still functions and you don't need it for patching if you download the manual patches from here or any other site that keeps the patches in archives. I, at least, have neither EA Download Manager nor Origin installed. But I denied the permission to install right in the beginning. I could well imagine that installing it first and then uninstalling it later can mess up your registry or game data. It is EA software after all.

Thanks for the help!