Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 54 (Who?), Viewed: 13641 times.
Page 3 of 3
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#51 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:20 PM
Mocahberries can you try not to double and/or triple post? Thanks.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Mocahberries can you try not to double and/or triple post? Thanks.

When did I do that ? Like respond to people in one reply or something ? Okay. It's not spam though.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:28 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:00 AM.
MochaBerries, you can combine quoted posts by leaving one new post open in a tab, hitting the "reply" button on the posts you want to answer by opening them in new tabs (click the middle mouse button or the scroll wheel on "reply" button, or right-click "Reply" and choose to open in new tab), then copy/pasta the quotes from these into the main post, and write your answers to the quotes. That way you don't post 4 times in a row, like on the previous page.

You can also use people's names instead of the "reply" button (like I did in this post). Just don't do the @ + name all the time. Gets annoying with all the "you've got a PM - no wait, it's just another mention in a post" warnings.

Quotes are better used for highlighting something in a post, not for quoting the entire post. I mostly delete the text I'm not interested in, and keep in what I'm actually answering. If I'm answering the post directly above mine, I use the poster's name, or just answer without quotes or names if it fits in. If you're using a quote to answer answer a post on a previous page, they're more helpful and less annoying than if you're answering something on the same page, simply because you don't have to go back and scroll through several pages to find the original post. In most cases I use the "quick reply" box at the bottom, and don't bother with putting in names or quotes.

If you want to highlight a couple of things from the same post (like Rosebine did below - and yes, there's an "edit" button, and I use it almost too frequent), you can copy the entire quote while in editing mode, paste it in a couple of times, and put in the parts you want to highlight, so you get the right name to the right quote. But use this sparingly. Best used with very long posts, when you only want to comment on a few bullet points.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
You can combine quoted posts...
It only took me about 6 or 7 years to notice i could do this.
Quote:
Quotes are better used for highlighting something in a post, not for quoting the entire post. I mostly delete the text I'm not interested in, and keep in what I'm actually answering.

I do this too, see.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 2:21 AM
Quote:
MochaBerries, you can combine quoted posts by leaving one new post open in a tab, hitting the "reply" button on the posts you want to answer by opening them in new tabs (click the middle mouse button or the scroll wheel on "reply" button, or right-click "Reply" and choose to open in new tab), then copy/pasta the quotes from these into the main post, and write your answers to the quotes. That way you don't post 4 times in a row, like on the previous page.

You can also use people's names instead of the "reply" button (like I did in this post). Just don't do the @ + name all the time. Gets annoying with all the "you've got a PM - no wait, it's just another mention in a post" warnings.

Quotes are better used for highlighting something in a post, not for quoting the entire post. I mostly delete the text I'm not interested in, and keep in what I'm actually answering. If I'm answering the post directly above mine, I use the poster's name, or just answer without quotes or names if it fits in. If you're using a quote to answer answer a post on a previous page, they're more helpful and less annoying than if you're answering something on the same page, simply because you don't have to go back and scroll through several pages to find the original post. In most cases I use the "quick reply" box at the bottom, and don't bother with putting in names or quotes.

If you want to highlight a couple of things from the same post (like Rosebine did below - and yes, there's an "edit" button, and I use it almost too frequent), you can copy the entire quote while in editing mode, paste it in a couple of times, and put in the parts you want to highlight, so you get the right name to the right quote. But use this sparingly. Best used with very long posts, when you only want to comment on a few bullet points.

Thanks for the tips

Stay to yourself and pretend like no one else exists.
Page 3 of 3