Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 9:54 PM
Replies: 4556 (Who?), Viewed: 149134 times.
Page 183 of 183
Alchemist
#4551 Old Yesterday at 4:17 PM
Are you sure the game is set to that, not your computer?

Try running in windowed mode.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Lab Assistant
#4552 Old Yesterday at 4:17 PM Last edited by Sketching : Yesterday at 5:39 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoH
Oh. Okay. I'm sorry, I don't know...

That's okay. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsfreq
Are you sure the game is set to that, not your computer? Try running in windowed mode.

My computer has 1600 x 900 resolution but I was so traumatized by earlier graphics problems I was scared to set it higher.

Windowed mode only gave 800 x 600 pictures. Maybe I should set the game resolution to max?

Edit: Okay, that didn't work. The game looks so much better now though, but while I'm sorely tempted to keep it this way, I might not since the lightning and snow storms would probably wreak even more havoc on my computer.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!
Scholar
#4553 Old Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
My game only accepts Fraps. It's nice but I like options!

I didn't try that one. Maybe I should have.

Also, a cheerful eff you to whoever pushed "disagree" on my post. Between my husband and myself, it took us most of an hour to figure out how to even take a screen cap, and then we could only take screen caps of the freaking desktop while the game was running...so...yeah. Kindly take your "disagree" and shove it.
Mad Poster
#4554 Old Yesterday at 9:28 PM
Scholar: may I join in your salutations to "The Disagreeable"--but it happens ALL OVER; it's nothing personal, just some jerk. "Hay, JERK! You talkin to ME!? Hay, step over here..."

Namaste
Lab Assistant
#4555 Old Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching

Edit: Okay, that didn't work. The game looks so much better now though, but while I'm sorely tempted to keep it this way, I might not since the lightning and snow storms would probably wreak even more havoc on my computer.

Sketching, you might try an FPS limiter. My game, graphics card rather, was having trouble with rain and snow ; I installed the limiter and am running at least 20 fps with rain. I had originally downloaded it for Sims 3, and ended up using it for 2. Works fantastically with 3 as well, fyi...

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Scholar
#4556 Old Today at 12:59 AM
I really should be going through and fixing extra greys and garbage ages from hairs before I have such a long list of hairs that need fixing! (No wonder "change appearance" always takes so long to load!)
Lab Assistant
#4557 Old Today at 7:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskii55
Sketching, you might try an FPS limiter. My game, graphics card rather, was having trouble with rain and snow ; I installed the limiter and am running at least 20 fps with rain. I had originally downloaded it for Sims 3, and ended up using it for 2. Works fantastically with 3 as well, fyi...

Good idea. I'll give it a go. Thanks!

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!
Page 183 of 183