Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 2209 (Who?), Viewed: 96921 times.
Page 89 of 89
Test Subject
#2201 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:48 AM
Looking forward to the weekend THB. Have to get some things in order and hopefully will be able to catch up on a movie or two.
Alchemist
#2202 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:17 PM
This is my first time sitting down and finally eating my breakfast at 12! I've been up since early this morning doing laundry because god forbid nobody else does (yet I do everyone's chores when they can't be bothered and don't want to). Someone left clothes in the dryer so i had to iron everything because it was a crumpled mess. I still have the whole house to declutter, and Ive been on the phone working out my new work schedule now I'm going up hours because I've finished going to uni (even though technically I still go to uni. Just now I have to work it around a 40 hour work week).

The voice in my head is my boyfriend, who stated during our lunch break MONTHS ago that he "does everything in the house" when someone asked if he cooks for me at home. It's been making me angry-cry so much I called him at work to shout at him and he said he was only kidding. I wish he'd be more serious and not make stupid jokes like this when he knows that sometimes I find it hard to get out of bed.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2203 Old 25th May 2018 at 2:42 PM
[QUOTE=Gargoyle Cat]Sorry about the doctor appointment issues, but I'm glad they caught it. Confirming why you were there in the first place could have eliminated that whole situation.

I did confirm it with the nurse when I walked in. I told her I had an appointment with the doctor for next week, so she needed to draw my labs when she accessed my port. She doesn't like to do that for some reason so when she forgot, I assumed she just didn't want to remember. It had only been a minute between my reminding her and her accessing the port.

In retrospect, I guess she had a lot more going on. I was with her for about six minutes and she made three mistakes, one potentially very harmful. It wouldn't have hurt me except my doctor and I would have had an unproductive visit next week, and he would have been upset with her. The effects for the other person could have been bad, though.

The phlebotomist told me they had to report the error to my doctor and to hospital administration. I don't know what will happen to the nurse, but she was in trouble. I hate that for her.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Theorist
#2204 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:16 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 25th May 2018 at 3:36 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1

I did confirm it with the nurse when I walked in. I told her I had an appointment with the doctor for next week, so she needed to draw my labs when she accessed my port. She doesn't like to do that for some reason so when she forgot, I assumed she just didn't want to remember. It had only been a minute between my reminding her and her accessing the port.

In retrospect, I guess she had a lot more going on. I was with her for about six minutes and she made three mistakes, one potentially very harmful. It wouldn't have hurt me except my doctor and I would have had an unproductive visit next week, and he would have been upset with her. The effects for the other person could have been bad, though.

The phlebotomist told me they had to report the error to my doctor and to hospital administration. I don't know what will happen to the nurse, but she was in trouble. I hate that for her.

That's not what I meant. It should never be a patients' job to inform a nurse or anybody else for that matter why they are there for a appointment. The nurse failed to do her job, that's not on you. She should have been asking you questions and initiating discussion, not the other way around. I don't blame you for being upset. I would have been as well and there would have been a discussion before I left whether they wanted to hear it or not. I understand that this is not everybodies way of dealing with stuff, but from personal experience, if things are allowed to slide, it is assumed that every other issue will also be allowed to slide. If I'm going to be a doormat, it will be because I want to be one, not because somebody thinks I should be one.

If she doesn't like to do things, then maybe she should get out of the field and do something else or go elsewhere within the field. A friend of mine did that. She was ER nurse for years and eventually got burnt out from it. She now works from the administrative side of things which she isn't really happy with, but she's sucking it up and dealing with it.

If you wanted to, you could file a report with your state about her. I've done this twice. Once was over a ER doctor who told me to kill all my pets, the other was for the midwife that delivered my son, or she was supposed to. She was told the leave the room because she had no clue what she was doing and I was on the fast track of having to get a blood transfusion. I'll leave it at that except to say I was at the hospital so it wasn't some random home birth nightmare.

The ER doctor disappeared and the midwife is no longer in the baby business. One report doesn't make these kinds of things happen. There had to be many reports of various problems before people like that go away.

There's no rest for the wicked
Electronic Arts- Can't spell steal without EA. ~ Mike Murphree~
Alchemist
#2205 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:25 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 12:31 AM.
Woke up at noon.

Today, I saw my parents for a couple hours and had given them a fix of cat memes they enjoyed.

Simple, but effective to boost their moods

Today, I will probably be resting in bed. Got some aches and other pains.

Edit: May 25, 19:30
I took a look at the pantry, the fridge and freezer... I see tomorrow has shopping on the agenda.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
#2206 Old Yesterday at 5:36 PM
Whoever made these boots hates feet and wants them to die!! Argh, why do I have to live in such a hilly area.

I'm exhausted. I went to see Deadpool 2 yesterday and got back pretty late. Had to wake up early this morning so I could get to uni (trains were delayed twice though!) And my participant was late (not that I minded, seeing as I was late too). Today my participant was my boyfriend's boss. It went okay. The train home was early, but then the walk from the train station back home hurt my feet so much. I have so many blisters right on my toes now!! I'm starting my 40 hour work week on Monday so I'll have to rest up tonight.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2207 Old Yesterday at 6:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
Edit: May 25, 19:30
I took a look at the pantry, the fridge and freezer... I see tomorrow has shopping on the agenda.

Not enough squid?

Quote:
"Towards the end of any culture, you have the second or third generation that steps into the culture, which is so far from the origination, it's the impression of what's real, but it's not the full definition of what's real. It's just cheesy. [emphasis added]" (Lyle Owerko, 2010)
Alchemist
#2208 Old Yesterday at 11:09 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 11:24 PM.
Same shit, different day...

I have to carefully budget this June because I wasn't told until recently the very real threat of having my bank account closed.

So that's one thing.

The other thing is I have to get along with my mother when my father is not around. My mother and I do not get along well.

That's another.

I'm getting wacked out from my lack of sleep and the fact I lost an authorization form to show to my possible employers and my psych team needs to sign off on it for the agency to assign me job sites to work at (it's a legal issue involving overall health in the event something goes wrong.) To top it off, I haven't gotten my dermatology and podiatry referral papers reprinted and given to me after my father tossed them out with the recyclable trash.

Another thing.

I was able to inspect every possible part of my body prior to me deciding to make an appointment with the dermatologist. It's not so much the protocol that is scaring me, but the fact I don't know what the doctor is like because my father tossed the papers out.

So, I am in a state of unease. Doctors, bad relationships within family, the threat of account closure, legal and contractual issue that are required in filling out before the agency can grant me permission for fieldwork...

Somehow, my life hasn't been so peaceful after the stove caught fire a couple nights back and I have been scared of cooking afterwards because, whoever boiled over and onto the coil will not hear the end of it from me.

I have calls to make in the week ahead. I really want to put some of the issues to rest when Memorial Day weekend ends.

Alchemist
#2209 Old Today at 1:53 AM
Drunk. I am deunk todsy

Up, M'Lady, pack your things // This place is not your home
#2210 Old Today at 10:27 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Today at 11:13 AM.
Didn't sleep because I can now confirm I lost the important health document that needed signing before I can enter the work force.

My anxieties are going to kill me if I don't do something soon.

The only bright spot to my insomnia is I re-read the Brian Kesinger Calvin and Hobbes\Star Wars mashup. About 80 single panel cartoons mostly depicting Kylo Ren as the difficult Calvin in terms of roles and Han Solo and Leia as the father and mother. Darth Vader was Hobbes and Rey was Susie. It was actually a charming mashup with a couple of Peanuts and Harry Potter references thrown into the mix to keep the readers on their toes.

Page 89 of 89