Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 1103 (Who?), Viewed: 57057 times.
Page 45 of 45
Top Secret Researcher
#1101 Old Today at 2:35 PM
Waiting for UPS to show up with my new office rug. It better not be destroyed as they are going to get a earful if it is They delivered a box on Monday which they had to tape back together again before they could drop it off. There was nothing fragile or breakable in the box, but that's not the point.

Other than that, all is quiet. It needs to rain for about a week, my lawn is extra crispy.

There's no rest for the wicked
Alchemist
#1102 Old Today at 4:12 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : Today at 8:04 PM.
Ahh, the delivery wars. I'm a veteran, myself. Unfortunately, it feels like I lose more battles than I win. My skirmishes have included, but are not limited to, having a box of meat delivered to the building manager's office for her to shut up and leave sitting out because UPS couldn't find my address despite delivering a package to it at the same time they took the meat to the office! Also, losing the ability to find my apartment complex even though they deliver there every day, and the apartment being literally right behind the main road (the town is built off the main road. Every road branches off from it). On that particular delivery someone (I think the driver) changed the delivery address to explain why he'd been riding around all week with my box while I had been waiting at home every day for a solid week because the website said it was out for delivery. And finally, my latest, the driver made a snarky comment on his computer thing that he left the box at my door because there was no notation that it had to be signed for, when it was, in fact AGAINST Fexex rules to leave a box at an apartment door. And, he didn't actually leave it, anyway, since it was leaking dishwasher liquid and they can't leave leaking packages. This doesn't include the number of times I've had fragile packages delivered upside down or mangled boxes dropped at my feet.

Having to have packages delivered is just a way of life where I am because we have so few choices in shopping. But, sheesh, these guys are well paid. And I have a VERY hard time dealing with people who simply don't do their job because of reasons.

EDIT: Well, I'm doomed. I just had a package delivery and it was the second one in a row that went flawlessly. The UPS driver actually showed up, knocked at my door, and delivered undamaged packages. My order was complete.

That's the second time in a row. This means that I'm due for some colossal screw up that will take hours, if not days, to fix. And, of course, the parcel I'm expecting is my son's main birthday present.

Pray for me.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Top Secret Researcher
#1103 Old Today at 8:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Ahh, the delivery wars. I'm a veteran, myself. Unfortunately, it feels like I lose more battles than I win. My skirmishes have included, but are not limited to, having a box of meat delivered to the building manager's office for her to shut up and leave sitting out because UPS couldn't find my address despite delivering a package to it at the same time they took the meat to the office! Also, losing the ability to find my apartment complex even though they deliver there every day, and the apartment being literally right behind the main road (the town is built off the main road. Every road branches off from it). On that particular delivery someone (I think the driver) changed the delivery address to explain why he'd been riding around all week with my box while I had been waiting at home every day for a solid week because the website said it was out for delivery. And finally, my latest, the driver made a snarky comment on his computer thing that he left the box at my door because there was no notation that it had to be signed for, when it was, in fact AGAINST Fexex rules to leave a box at an apartment door. And, he didn't actually leave it, anyway, since it was leaking dishwasher liquid and they can't leave leaking packages. This doesn't include the number of times I've had fragile packages delivered upside down or mangled boxes dropped at my feet.

Having to have packages delivered is just a way of life where I am because we have so few choices in shopping. But, sheesh, these guys are well paid. And I have a VERY hard time dealing with people who simply don't do their job because of reasons

We've had one UPS driver for years who I like. Should a box come through damaged, he will at least apologize for it. I don't know where he is, but the idiots that have been filling in for him are just that...idiots. They completely missed the house this afternoon, blocked traffic to the side road and if the truck sat a bit lower to the ground, they would have ripped the exhaust off as they decided to drive up the sidewalk.

The rug showed up intact with no damage. It was well packed in tough plastic, so unless they did something stupid like slash it with a case cutter, they couldn't have hurt it. The new bed frame I ordered last week is coming via Fed Ex. We'll see how that goes.

I've never been a big fan of shopping online, but I've been converting more and more with time. I don't have the patience for rude cashiers or people that walk around like zombies with their cell phone stuck in front of their faces. We went to IKEA yesterday and that is all I saw. They don't pay attention to where they are going and expect people to move because they can't put their phones away for more than 5 minutes. The grocery store isn't much better. I don't move out of their way. I stand still and let them walk into my cart, then let them deal with the embarrassment. When I get the "Oh, I'm so sorry!" I just look through them then go about my business. The only way to avoid all that nonsense it to shop early in the morning, a hour to so before the store closes or at dinner time. Those are the times the store is pretty much empty.

Since I can't get away with becoming a total hermit when it comes to shopping without hubby getting on my case about it, I order as much as I can so I don't have to spend lots of time in the store. Our butcher shop is a small, family-owned business, so I don't mind going there. There has already been discussions about what is going to happen when Amazon Fresh finally gets to my area. I've agreed that we will not buy produce, meats and things like milk and cheese, but everything, I promise nothing.

There's no rest for the wicked
Alchemist
#1104 Old Today at 10:25 PM
I hadn't heard about that, so I looked it up. Wow, that sounds promising for someone perpetually carless, like me. (The kids needed the car back that I rent from them. They keep promising to return it, but something always happens to one of their others. It would be great to be able to have fresh food delivered without my son having to take me to walmart at 5:00 on Friday afternoons.

Oh, who am I kidding? My ordering from them IF they ever showed up here in Armpit, USA, would only mean a truck driving all over town for DAYS with rotten food because they were too stupid/lazy to actually deliver it to me.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Page 45 of 45