Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Guidelines/Rubrics Changes - posted on 16th Jun 2017 at 6:09 PM
Replies: 950 (Who?), Viewed: 50535 times.
Page 39 of 39
Theorist
#951 Old Yesterday at 2:28 AM
I had dinner with my parents and spent time surfing the net on my phone.

I have plans to complete my Dancemania by intercord (later i-dance then bought up by Universal Japan) CD album collection. I have about 25 albums from the collections released, about 5 albums that are the OST to Dance Dance Revolution related games (boy, I'm an old fart who should pass out Jolly Ranchers and regale today's children with the story of how I went from analog to digital in my life "Back in my day, the convenient part of VHS is if you stopped mid-way through, you could pick up where you left off...") and a Trancemania album called Hime Trance (Hime means Princess in Japanese)

Still, the above mentioned series of CDs is pretty integral to Japanese pop culture. Joe Rinoie joined Two-Mix a while back. Two-Mix sang the opening song to Gundam Wing in 1995. Joe Rinoie sang a song in 1995 call "Synchronized Love" which was featured on a number of albums in Dancemania, which the series debuted in April 1996, and quickly shot into the top 10 of the Oricon charts (it's similar to the Billboard charts, in that the music on album is charted by overall sales in a set time period)

Besides, it's really great dance music except I question the inclusion of a cover version of Mike Oldfield's "Moonlight Shadow" in the first place. Why include a song of grieving in the otherwise upbeat atmosphere is beyond me.

"Good luck, have fun, try not to become a fiery mountain of meat, try to be a winner instead."
Lucky Yates' explanation of the card game "Exploding Kittens"
Page 39 of 39