Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4776 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 9:18 PM
Those are Sims1 pop-ups.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4777 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 10:27 PM
If you use the debugsocial cheat, sometimes you get text strings from TS1:

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4778 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 10:39 PM
First one is the pizza delivery guy. Second one is a marriage rejection.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4779 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
You can't use the robot crafting station in a dorm. At least, I think that's the reason. A bit annoying--Julia's going to be a roboticist once she finishes college, and I was hoping she could work on her badges in her spare time so she's not just selling toy robots and roverbots, and can get to the servos quicker.

The crafting stations should work just fine on community lots. You can build a robotics lab on campus that all of your sims can visit and they won't have to pay for the robot stations themselves.
Inventor
#4780 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
If you use the debugsocial cheat, sometimes you get text strings from TS1:

That second image just nails it on the head - how painful that must've felt to be shut down.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Lab Assistant
#4781 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 8:32 AM
Babies can throw up on the Sim holding them and consequently decimate that Sim's Hygiene bar.
Field Researcher
#4782 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:31 AM
A child and an adult (their parent) can't sleep in the same bed when in their undies. There's no issue when wearing pajamas. I assume this is some kind of precaution to avoid simulation of pedophilia?
Mad Poster
#4783 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:29 AM
A child will accept a telephone invitation to come round with a lower relationship score than an older Sim would need. Hans Moltke came round to Garry's Christmas do with a short term relationship of only 18. I'm sure with teens and adults it has to be nearer 30. (It wasn't an "official" party; he just invited a few friends round, and, seeing it was Christmas, that included several children.) It also explains why one granddaughter in my game refused to play red hands with grandfather after he invited her round. With older Sims, if they have a good enough relationship to accept the invitation, it's generally good enough to play red hands too.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#4784 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:48 AM
I found out that The Sims Bustin Out is the worst game ever (I mean as the buyable video games in The Sims 2) because the whole play is just about making a Sim in CAS.

Also I found out (this is probably old) that when two Sims woohoo in the bed, hunger, energy and hygiene motives will get lower quite a bit because oh well, The Sims 2 bed woohoo is quite steamy.
Mad Poster
#4785 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:55 AM
Quote:
Also I found out (this is probably old) that when two Sims woohoo in the bed, hunger, energy and hygiene motives will get lower quite a bit because oh well, The Sims 2 bed woohoo is quite steamy.

Yeah, but most of the time their 'fun' and 'social' go right through the roof! Which is the point of all that steamy activity..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#4786 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 12:00 PM
That's right and my Sims always gets hungry in the morning after woohoo.
Mad Poster
#4787 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures

Not at all. Have you seen what they do under the covers? I have, and it is no where near steamy . I downloaded this bed and you can see the animation that goes on under the covers, body parts flying every which way.
Mad Poster
#4788 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 3:01 AM
Quote:
That's right and my Sims always gets hungry in the morning after woohoo.

Let's put it this way-if they were able to, they'd both be smoking cigarettes afterward. Usually they're both too tired, though and fall asleep.

Woohoo is tiring exercise!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#4789 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
Not at all. Have you seen what they do under the covers? I have, and it is no where near steamy . I downloaded this bed and you can see the animation that goes on under the covers, body parts flying every which way.

I've seen them bundled like spaghetti inside the 6.5k simoleon hot tub.

Then there's the situation where they disappear inside a photo booth, a car...I guess everywhere else Sims can woohoo that doesn't include a cutscene. Where do they actually go when they woohoo? Paradise?

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4790 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 4:32 AM
They transcend their physical bodies, clearly

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4791 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 4:12 PM
WDUD: Sims are nitpicky to doing gardeny things on a garden plot space. It's not enough to build a 2x1 greenhouse for one garden plot, so I had to expand the room to a 2x2 dimension. "Get a room!" takes a whole new meaning, eh?
Mad Poster
#4792 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 9:30 PM
It's not coffee, it's hot chocolate. Poor boy's cold!

Forum Resident
#4793 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:08 AM
The wife of my town founder just sat up in alarm shortly after going to bed, looking around worriedly and thinking of another Sim. Apparently she had a nightmare? Did not know that was possible. I just find it hilarious that the Sim she was dreaming about just so happened to be one of the Sims my founder was originally planning to date. No wonder it was a nightmare.

Still, I love TS2. All these little features I could only dream of having in TS3 and 4. I don't know. It's the little things. Makes the game feel more... complete?

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4794 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:24 AM
@frogz2007 That is the "I am really really cold and if you don't get me warm soon I will pass out like a frozen popsicle" thought bubble.

@Alpal425 that relates to low motives, mainly fun.

Yes, that is why we continue to play it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4795 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:49 AM
The 'pass out like a frozen popsicle' isn't too far off the mark:

She's in a bikini because I wanted to see if different clothing affected how quickly they froze. My poor Sims don't really appreciate being used as test subjects, I think.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4796 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 6:33 AM
Clothes even outerwear makes not one iota of difference-even though it should.

I tried but that last few times I tried to freeze a sim they would stir before the hairdryer. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4797 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 6:54 AM
Yeah, the Prima Guide says that the type of clothing affected the temperature change, but I didn't really notice any difference.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4798 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 7:03 AM
My guess is it's so little it doesn't count, or EA messed up the code so it doesn't work the way it should because I have never noticed any difference. Like building a snowman for example, in their outerwear, a sim should be able to build it completely before getting cold.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#4799 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 9:37 AM
Child played in the snow for a little too long, a message popped up that he's nearly freezing, so I directed him to "Warm Self" infront of the fireplace. He started rubbing his hands together and then turned around, assumed a sumo squat position and warmed his butt too! hahahah! Never seen that before, but he didn't repeat it next time I selected the action.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4800 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
My guess is it's so little it doesn't count, or EA messed up the code so it doesn't work the way it should because I have never noticed any difference.

That seems to be the case:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7656.0.html
Page 192 of 445