Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
4 people viewing

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK, CatMuto, Annette19

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 7007 (Who?), Viewed: 653456 times.
Page 281 of 281
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7001 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 6:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisi
What determines the front of a community lot? I know for residentials it's the mailbox position, but for a community one it seems to change randomly as I build it up I thought it might be the door but then again it gets super random when you have doors on 2, 3 or all 4 sides of it?
I think the first important factor is what the creator of the world determined when they placed the empty lot. If you pick up an empty lot in the World Editor mode in Edit Town you will see the same arrows used for placing objects, and I think that the arrows point from the front to the back. Placing a building from the bin on such an empty lot doesn't seem to have any effect on the front.

An additional factor for community lots is simple game play. If the lot has two or more sides accessible Sims will choose the one closest to them, usually. Although it is not very consistent. I've been watching Sim behaviour a lot on the library lot in Dragon Valley. It is completely surrounded by roads and has two entrances. I saw Sims either entering through the door that corresponded to the side that was closest to them and other Sims walk around the building to go through the second door.
Inventor
#7002 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 12:09 PM
Can you create Professions (like the PI from Ambitions) with S3PE?
I know you can make your own careers and, since Nraas made some Ambition-esque self-employed things, self-employed parts.

C-A
Test Subject
#7003 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 3:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
I think the first important factor is what the creator of the world determined when they placed the empty lot. If you pick up an empty lot in the World Editor mode in Edit Town you will see the same arrows used for placing objects, and I think that the arrows point from the front to the back. Placing a building from the bin on such an empty lot doesn't seem to have any effect on the front.

An additional factor for community lots is simple game play. If the lot has two or more sides accessible Sims will choose the one closest to them, usually. Although it is not very consistent. I've been watching Sim behaviour a lot on the library lot in Dragon Valley. It is completely surrounded by roads and has two entrances. I saw Sims either entering through the door that corresponded to the side that was closest to them and other Sims walk around the building to go through the second door.

I haven't gotten to the point to test in live mode yet so no idea about which side sims will prefer to route to, just my observations from build mode so far. What I meant was I had an empty lot with roads on 3 sides and by default facing one of those. I finished the first building that had its doors on a diagonal b/w 2 of the roads and the lot thumbnail now showed that as front. After adding another building with doors on different side it switched to that one. Same with the third one, at this point it has done almost a 360 It seems very weird and random. I remember I had similar problem with a community lot in another world where there were several entrances on different sides but all sims insisted on routing to the fake one that led inside a blacked-out room.
dodgy builder
#7004 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisi
I haven't gotten to the point to test in live mode yet so no idea about which side sims will prefer to route to, just my observations from build mode so far. What I meant was I had an empty lot with roads on 3 sides and by default facing one of those. I finished the first building that had its doors on a diagonal b/w 2 of the roads and the lot thumbnail now showed that as front. After adding another building with doors on different side it switched to that one. Same with the third one, at this point it has done almost a 360 It seems very weird and random. I remember I had similar problem with a community lot in another world where there were several entrances on different sides but all sims insisted on routing to the fake one that led inside a blacked-out room.

I ended up making only one entrance to the lot, and close off all other. Then recently I have moved away from that, trying to make lot where it doesn't matter where you enter. Then now in ts4 I can make a lot with half of the lot closed in by a fence.

On a big lot I have now it's always the same place the spawn from, but from there they walk on to whatever side possible.

If you make a lot closed in on all but three sides, or open enteances on all sides, you should be kind of safe.
Alchemist
#7005 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 5:58 PM
Is there a Fairy Aura that helps with Sculpting? The Aura of Creativity doesn't help, so I'm curious if there is one that does.
Inventor
#7006 Old Yesterday at 9:13 PM
From what I looked up, the only other Aura that helps with skills works for Athletic stuff, so I'm guessing there isn't one that helps with Sculpting.

My Sim just gave birth and she was born during a full moon, so the baby was assigned a random Occult state. No color-border, so I was wondering what she is and thought Mermaid. But then I saw her bars... did I just get a PLANT SIM through this mod? Cause I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be impossible. (My EPs are Supernatural, Seasons, University and IP)
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#7007 Old Today at 7:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
My Sim just gave birth and she was born during a full moon, so the baby was assigned a random Occult state. No color-border, so I was wondering what she is and thought Mermaid. But then I saw her bars... did I just get a PLANT SIM through this mod? Cause I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be impossible. (My EPs are Supernatural, Seasons, University and IP)

Not knowing which mod we are talking about or what it's supposed to be doing exactly, why would a Plant Sim be impossible? It's a perfectly valid occult state and you have the EP in play that supports it (Uni).
Inventor
#7008 Old Today at 9:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
Not knowing which mod we are talking about or what it's supposed to be doing exactly, why would a Plant Sim be impossible? It's a perfectly valid occult state and you have the EP in play that supports it (Uni).

Nandonalt - Children of the Full Moon. I downloaded the version that says that any baby born during a full moon night (6 PM onward) will get a randomly assigned supernatural/occult state. I've gotten ghost babies this way before, as well as mermaids - but I know that those can 'naturally' occur, if one of the parents is one of those occults. Maybe I'm thinking of Sims 2, but if I recall correctly, Plant Sims cannot be 'born'? I only skimmed that occult state very quickly.
Page 281 of 281