Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 983 (Who?), Viewed: 92894 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 40 of 40
dodgy builder
#976 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 1:03 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 6th Aug 2017 at 1:13 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
They look stunning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus' Mind
They're absolutely gorgeous! I still really like the red one, if I had TS4 I'd be very inclined to build a house just for them!

Gratzie both of you.

I'm about to wrap up the Wentworth Woodhouse project. I just have a couple of walls to finish, and TSR uses a couple of weeks to approve 2 sets of walls? Looking at it I uploaded on aug 2'nd so perhaps I'm just being impatient. I still have 2 walls left to upload on TSR and it's ready for the house to go up. I'm going to use some time wrapping all the content used on the house. I just hate that part of the job ... The walls are uploaded on my simsfileshare as well, in case you would like them.

Then I just suddenly went on to something modern and don't quite like the style of it, so I went brutalisme. For some reason I thought it was appropriate.

It just looks so much better with an intense angle lol

It's on one of ts4's best lots in my opinion. This last development has not been posted on my blog yet.

Instead I have been focusing on this:

Do I really dear doing this insane yellow with gold for the Jacobean part of my Wentworth project?

It's a good thing I don't need to make a profile to sell, because it would be quite the confusing thing for a potential customer

I left you with the finished floorplan of this massive downscale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus' Mind
Meanwhile I've decided to resurrect a creation inspired by the Patout-Broussard House in New Iberia, LA, from all the way back in 2014...
Back then I had trouble with the tower and the basement windows, see posts 371, 376 and 378, now I'm still struggling with the tower and the fact that none of the upstairs rooms were big enough to take a double bed, and so I've had to enlarge the whole house to rectify this, in the process I decided to cease the use of fireplaces with the MoveObjects cheat to remove the chimneys as it causes me more grief than its worth to me and so I also had to find room for the chimneys. Rather than make the house wider I've opted to make it deeper which has worked out nicely, but that tower is still a thorn in my side!

I liked the tower with bigger and higher windows. The tower roof with more simple shape in post 376, screenshot 870 perhaps, but then 869 is also quite nice me thinks. It can be too complicated too, but then I'm a sucker for simplicity ... most of the time.

Quote:
3 Bed, 2 Bath. I'm not sure what I had in mind. Appears Folk-ish Gothic to me It's interior leans towards Folk Victorian.

I like that detail above the 3 windows on the front upper floor ... and the hole house is quite lovely. As long as it looks good together, hybrid can be very nice ... or fusion as I like to call it.
Theorist
#977 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 2:12 PM
How do you get rid of floating ceiling tiles again? I'm having this big overhanging roof with a few spots without any support, and I haven't had these floating shits out of reach for a very long time.

Blocking the skylight.
Screenshots

I hate people who use big words just to make themselves look perspicacious.
#978 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 5:48 PM
Can't you hold down shift or something and right click on the roof it's attached to. You may have to use testingcheats as well.

Tsyokawe said to remove tiles and export to the library, then replace 3 times. Then it should be stable.
Theorist
#979 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 6:31 PM
No more floating ceilings, I did something different in my frustration, but it it worked lol

#980 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 7:41 PM
absolutely amazing work!!!

Quick question: what program do you guys use to do quick edits of ll your screenshots?

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#981 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 7:48 PM
@TudorMan23
I use Irfanview (Free). Just for compressing pictures so I can upload them on MTS without losing too much quality or having to resize.
Other than that you can do plenty with it.
GIMP is good and free, too.

#982 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 11:42 PM
I use Lightroom to make a preset and then save it ready made with logo accoring to project. There's nothing fast about learning it though, and it costs. Probably not what you're looking for.

Bravo, anything to learn from your frustration with the floating tiles?
Theorist
#983 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Bravo, anything to learn from your frustration with the floating tiles?

Hmmmno not really, because I have no clue what I did.

#984 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:32 AM
Quote:
@TudorMan23
I use Irfanview (Free). Just for compressing pictures so I can upload them on MTS without losing too much quality or having to resize.
Other than that you can do plenty with it.
GIMP is good and free, too.

Thanks I'll give them a try!
and then post pics of my courtyard chateau im finished I just need a good name for it!

C.T.HOLKO88

Page 40 of 40