Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 10969 times.
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 1:33 PM
Default SimPe interface language
How can I change the language for the interface of SimPe? I know you can choose language in Settings, but it only changes the language of the game. I need to change the language that SimPE uses, though, for stuff like menues and sim personalities, etc. I think it tries to determine the language upon installation, but it didn't go well this time.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 4:39 PM
Try Extra -> Preferences -> SimPE Settings -> Default Language.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 11:55 PM
That's what I was trying to do, but that didn't change the interface language.
just a girl
#4 Old 30th May 2017 at 6:02 AM Last edited by Lamare : 3rd Jun 2017 at 11:20 AM.
I know it's an old thread, but it's the first one in google when you search how to change language in simpe, so I'll post here.

I downloaded SimPE 0.73.44 and wanted it to be in English. Changing settings did nothing (same result as OP had).

Solution I found: I went where the SimPE is installed and removed the whole language folder (named "ru" in my case) and it worked. I don't know if it's the only way, couldn't think of any other. No problems so far, but I backed up the folder just in case.

By the way, I recommend anyone whose SimPE is in Russian, to change it to English, because the translation is screwed up. The EPs and SPs are mixed up in System Folders settings, where you choose paths to your add-ons. Instead of Seasons it says Happy Holiday, instead of Celebration it says Seasons, instead of H&M Fashion it says Celebration. I emailed Quaxi about this, so maybe it'll get fixed, but I have no idea.

ETA.
Quaxi's mailbox is returning an error, so my message wasn't delivered.
And I found another language folder, it's inside the "Plugins" subfolder. It translates plugins, like Object Workshop. I removed that, too ("ru" folder in my case). All seems to work fine.
Back to top