Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 21
Test Subject
#451 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 8:24 PM
Dear Simsample,

I was wondering if you could help me: When i start to load Jericho my game crashes. Would you be able to tell me how I can fix it? I don't have world adventures, could that be a cause? thank you so much!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#452 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 9:33 PM
@pickledpie- Yes, that's the cause. The required EPs and gameversion are mentioned clearly in the first post, as well as on the download tab.

Sorry you can't play, you'll have to find another world I'm afraid.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#453 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 3:32 AM
Why not to pack it normally in one file?
Test Subject
#454 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 2:42 PM
Thank you simsample for your reply! I will install WA and let you know!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#455 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 9:05 PM
Miolita- The upload limit for this site is 10MB, hence the archive is split. If you can't deal with that then you could always try the alternative download link in the first thread, which is a single file (assuming you haven't already seen it).

pickledpie- You won't regret it, I think WA is the best expansion pack as it gives us the tomb items, the chance to make boolean logic problems for the sims to solve (which I used in some of the tombs in Jericho) and.... mummies! The vacation worlds are breathtaking, too.
Test Subject
#456 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 6:51 AM
This is an epicly stunning world, I was really impressed by it just by looking at the screenshots, though you don't truely see the beauty of this world until you download it and experience it for yourself. A town full of well made homes and community lots. Much more opportunity and fun than any of EA's worlds. I thank you.

But on a side note, there has been a problem I've been having ever since I've downloaded Jericho. The download itself took quite some time, as I downloaded all the 12 parts though none of them managed to extract, so I took the alternative download and luckly that worked. But unfortuntely, Jericho has caused my saving time to take several minutes longer, and occasionally freeze in the middle of a save, causing it to never end.

This is quite frustrating, and it also affects my other save games, though saving at Jericho still takes the longest out of all. Any way to fix this up a bit? Any help would be much appreciated.
Test Subject
#457 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 11:57 AM
Amazing world! I love both the community and residential lots. And there's so much to explore... Thank You

One thing though: I frequently get routing failures on one of the bridges. I have disabled all stray animals and wild horses from my game, it's human sims that get stuck there almost every sim day. It's the bridge from the Caltown subway station to the smallish island with residential housing. Just thought I'd mention it, it's a minor thing (I can reset them manually when Overwatch leaves them there) and doesn't take any fun away from me playing this town.
Test Subject
#458 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 2:47 PM
When i'm tried to start a new game in Jericho, my game collapsed
Don't know what to do now Maybe it won't work at all
Test Subject
#459 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 6:37 PM
I think there's something wrong with your world.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#460 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 2:20 AM
I have it and have had no problems running it, have had it for months now. Can you play other worlds fine?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#461 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:34 PM
Thank you all for your messages!

@Gonder96: Thank you for your lovely comments, and great feedback! It is much appreciated. For your problem, what are your system specs? Bear in mind that Jericho is a large world (file-size) and so if you have a low-end computer it's possible for the game to struggle for memory when you have more CC installed. That would slow your save time, as the computer would have to swap memory a lot to write the save. What you could do is to try clearing your game caches (including the world caches), and also try removing the files in your DCBackup folder (but DON'T delete the CCmerged file, and DON'T discard the DCBackup files if you wish to share custom lots/sims with CC included). See Help> Sims 3 for details. Also, if you have memories turned on in your game, save files can get very bloated very quickly, so you might consider using a mods to allow memories to be removed. I hope this helps!

@pikku.titiuu: Thank you for your great comments! I haven't noticed the bridge issue in my game, could you show me an image of the stuck sims so I can troubleshoot? What gameversion are you playing on? I wonder if they've changed something, as they did with Pets, as I haven't played Jericho for a couple of months.

@Miolita: What are your system specs, and which EPs and SPs do you have?

Thank you all for playing Jericho!
Test Subject
#462 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@pikku.titiuu: Thank you for your great comments! I haven't noticed the bridge issue in my game, could you show me an image of the stuck sims so I can troubleshoot? What gameversion are you playing on? I wonder if they've changed something, as they did with Pets, as I haven't played Jericho for a couple of months.

I play version 1.34!

I uploaded a picture. After posting my comment, I noticed it happens on other bridges as well. The sims are doing idle animations and thought bubbles, so they don't seem to be completely stuck, but they just stand there until I manually reset them (Overwatch leaves them alone). I also get many script errors whenever I load my Jericho game, which are a result of route errors according to Twallan, maybe it's because of these sims? Otherwise the game is running well, if I didn't have NRaas mods I propably wouldn't even notice this problem.
(the distorded child in the pic is due a mod that blocks the route fail tantrum animation)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#463 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:37 AM
Awesome *-*
Lab Assistant
#464 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
E-Double- Yes, I removed them as I was trying to get something large uploaded to the exchange. I'll look to reuploading them if I can very soon!

Please do, I was looking for them, too.

Also - the bridge issue seems to be new with one of the later patches. I've seen others report the same issue with custom worlds.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#465 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 3:32 PM
Thank you all for your replies!

@pikku.titiuu- Thanks for the image! I've been playing for a few hours over the last few days on gameversion 1.36 and I'm still not seeing this in my game, although I know that bridges have been causing problems in general since Pets. I'm going to play some more, and I'm also working on the showtime version again this week, so hopefully I'll be able to pinpoint something. Hopefully in the meantime, maybe others with this issue will post, so that I can tell whether it's an issue just in your game or not.

@Simfreaki- Thank you! :D

@KarinL- Hey Karin! *Hugs* Ah, yes- I have been hearing a lot of bridge complaints in general, and people are having trouble getting them to work on the CAW forum, too. Perhaps it would be best not to have bridges inthe next world! I'll get around to uploading the files soon hopefully- it's on my list!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#466 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 6:12 PM
Your world is beautiful. I want to download it, but I don't have the Late Night EP, and really don't want to go get it either. Can I still download your world? Or do I HAVE to have Late Night in order for it to work?

Either way, its still a very beautiful world :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#467 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 6:40 PM
@wileywriter- you need all of the EPs listed in the Downloads tab, plus Riverview. It won't work without NL, I'm afraid. Thank you for your lovely comment, though!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#468 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 10:44 PM
I'd really love if any of you could help me test the second Showtime Beta here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=482511

I need all aspects tested, particularly interested to see if anyone can find a problem with the bridges or showtime lots.

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#469 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 3:40 AM
Glad to see you're updating it for showtime. I've got really slow internet at the moment, but if I'm able to get it downloaded I'll be sure to test and give feedback on the Showtime Beta.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#470 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 2:04 AM
Thanks. Took me about three tries to get it to install, but it finally worked.
Test Subject
#471 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 1:54 AM
I have installed this world just fine and it shows up in my game, but every time I load it, it crashes. I have all the expansions needed and Riverview installed. I also installed all parts. My game is up to the latest patch as well.
Please help?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#472 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 8:32 PM
Thank you all for posting and downloading!

Lakitty- Thank you, I hope you can test it for me!

CormorantEnt- Well done, I'm glad you got it downloaded!

iamlexxo- What are your computer specs? Do you have all of your EPs and Sps updated too? Is there an error message when it crashes? Hopefully we can get this fixed!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#473 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 2:57 PM Last edited by simsample : 8th Aug 2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Added infobutton
Hello

I have posted over in your Showtime testing thread with questions and compliments

I do appreciate your hard work with everything else, though!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#474 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 10:52 PM
@stryeyeddrmr- Thank you for downloading and testing! I appreciate your comments, will reply to you over on the beta thread.
Test Subject
#475 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 2:14 AM
sorry to be a pain! really anxious to try this world, looks fabulous, awesome work... just a question, i have downloaded all files, extract the first, sent it to downloads... (it is named Jericho) when i go to extract the second, the name is identical so won't allow me to transfer it to downloads as it is asking if want to replace the existing file?? what have i done wrong?

thanks
Page 19 of 21