Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 1:40 AM Last edited by OkamiFukuro : 11th Jul 2016 at 1:52 AM.
Default Convert this to Obj or make new Mesh?
Hi! I was wanting to make this (http://www.sharecg.com/v/53936/view...Trek-Replicator) for Sims 3. However, I have no way to open the file type. I tried installing the Poser Tools for Blender, but they wouldn't enable, and I don't have access to the Poser program as it is way too expensive. I'm no good at meshing either, so I can't even make it myself (trust me, I've tried. It did NOT end well. >~<). So, if anyone has access to the program and could convert it, or would be willing to create the mesh/help me create the mesh, that'd be awesome.

Alternatively, there is a similar mesh for TS2 that may work, with a few modifications. Found in Blue Heaven Sims "Modular Kitchen" set (http://blueheavensims.blogspot.ca/search?q=replicator), it's the wall replicator. If it could be modified to appear like the one in the first link, that'd work too.

I'd like it to work too; as a replacement for the ITF Food Synthesizer.

Thanks so much in advance,

Okami~
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 2:16 PM
You mean as default replacement or just cloning the object? Because if you just clone the object in TSRW, it automatically comes with scripts and all so the only thing you want to do is importing the mesh (I guess it has only one bone though, like decor pieces, chairs, etc). So that will save you some time.

Also, you want to export meshes from SimPE NOT extract them (like explained in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...68#post5052968). Just export it as a obj. Match it to the size of the actual food synthesizer, and it's about done!

Maybe, if you want to keep it base game compatible (And I guess EA just tweaked it's script and added it to the food synthesizer) is this object: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Food_Replicator
It clones food though, a bit different from the ITF food synthesizer since that one sort of works like a fridge. Although, i guess it's possible to make it BG compatible when it comes to the script.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 4:53 PM
I only meant as an object clone, and I'm fine with it being the ITF one. It actually acts exactly how I want it to, as the item I'm basing this off of works somewhat like a fridge. I wasn't going to make it the same size; just match up the openings where the food comes out and go from there since the design is only meant to be a wall replicator, not a full size one.

The problem is, the first mesh I linked I can't access, because I don't have the program and I couldn't get the tools for Blender to install properly, so I was hoping you or someone else could change the files to Obj or get in and extract the meshes or whatever would have to be done. The second mesh would almost work, however I'd like it edited to look like the image in the first link, or possibly make a whole new mesh all together. However, because I'm terrible at meshing, I wanted to get some help with that.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:46 PM
allright, usually I won't do 'requests' but since this mesh is just fair too easy to mesh, I meshed and uv mapped it for you. you only need to make it the same size and height as the EA food synthesizer, add the textures to your liking. I did add an multiplier and a .blend file for you to open it up.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Food synthesizer.zip (237.8 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:54 PM
Oh my gosh. Thank you so much! I hadn't intended for my words to come off as asking you to do it; I just meant to ask for a sort of... tutorial, I guess? That's not quite the word I'm looking for, but it'll do. Again though, thank you very, very much! <3
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:58 PM
No problem! Just took 5 min of my time and thought it wouldn't be so bad to mesh something really quick for you ^-^ But if you're looking for Blender tutorials, I would really recommend trying these out: https://cgcookie.com/lesson/first-steps-with-blender/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 12:45 AM
Okay, so, one tiny question. For the texture in the bottom part of the inner box, it's only supposed to be a small strip across the middle. However, with the way it is mapped, it ends up like the first picture below (I filled in that little section entirely to see how the texture would appear). I've tried remapping that tiny area, but it won't change. Do you have any ideas of how I could get around that?

If not, that's okay. I don't mind just having a plain gray texture on the bottom.
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 10:11 AM
Oh wait... i'm an idiot. I forgot to mark the corners when uv mapping it. So I fixed that for you and you can keep your current texture, but you got to redo the gray texture part though >-<
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Food_synthesir fixed UV map.zip (150.7 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 4:18 PM
That's okay; it won't take too long to fix the textures. Thanks!