Replies: 1946 (Who?), Viewed: 182791 times.
Page 78 of 78
Mad Poster
#1926 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 11:42 PM
Miso udon. The miso soup base stunk...it was awful. Good thing I cook my stinky foods when my parents are at work and that was my last packet of miso soup base.

It smelled like my reflux tasted. Trust me, if you don't eat better when they take your gallbladder, reflux will happen. I wasn't going to waste imported goods.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Mad Poster
#1927 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 2:21 AM
Blue cheese and bacon-stuffed chicken breasts with a sort of barbecue sauce (not really, but that's the best descriptor I can think of), homemade mashed potatoes with butter and chives, steamed broccoli and carrots, a 2014 California Cabernet Sauvignon, and mint ice cream with hot fudge for dessert.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#1928 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 5:52 PM
Stuffed pork chop, stuffed potatoes, salad because I should. Not as classy or healthy as Zarathustra (and what is your avatar? It looks like a one-dimensional Cho Ku Rei)

Namaste
Mad Poster
#1929 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 6:41 PM
Just following instructions to make either Sweet and Sour Chicken or Orange Chicken from the freezer section.

Have yet to try out making fresh pasta with my father due to the busy seasons of Spring and Summer for the barbecue joint he is kitchen manager (if it were a 5 star haute cuisine type of place, he's the sous chef and no, that rat didn't make ratatouille confit byaldi!)

Scholar
#1930 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 7:08 PM
Scooped some peanut butter out of the jar with a fork for lunch.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#1931 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 9:41 AM
Venison Burgers from a cookbook that I bought

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Lab Assistant
#1932 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:16 AM
Well today, my dad retired from work, and his birthday is Tuesday, so I made him the Dinosaur BBQ Dr. Pepper cake. But last night, I made my favorite snack, a vegan peanut noodle recipe. I posted it on simsecret this week too, as they were discussing the garlic noodles and I could not resist sharing it.
Field Researcher
#1933 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 10:20 AM
Made wife and I chicken alfredo

- Sent from my iHell
Mad Poster
#1934 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 7:28 PM
We're having chicken rogan josh tonight. It's one of my favourite types of curries, and I've been cutting down on spicy food the past few weeks because of my heartburn so I'm super excited.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1935 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 1:09 AM
Nachos - in the oven, with olives, salsa, jack cheese and served with sour cream and avocado. As a side, I roasted carrots and broccoli with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Did anyone do anything special for St Patrick's Day?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#1936 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:49 AM
Noodle stir fry yummmmmm
Scholar
#1937 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:54 AM
Hamburger with gravy. A spoon of peanut butter for desert.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#1938 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 8:24 AM
Hayanie udon noodle soup with special broth.

Mad Poster
#1939 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Did anyone do anything special for St Patrick's Day?

We had Irish Stew with soda bread at work. It was alright... I didn't like the soda bread.

Mad Poster
#1940 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 10:32 PM
Brownies. Plain old brownies.

Nothing weird or illegal beyond dark chocolate.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1941 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
We had Irish Stew with soda bread at work. It was alright... I didn't like the soda bread.
It's one of those breads that can be good or bad, depending on how it's made and how fresh it is. Nice that work did something When I ate meat, I used to make a chicken/ham pie recipe that I found in a magazine. It had cream and chicken broth in it, but no potatoes, and it always went over big with everyone. This year I made a vegetarian pub style stew, which was ok. I also found a recipe that is less traditional for a salad made with smoked salmon and shrimp.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#1942 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 2:54 PM
Didn't do anything for St. Patrick's, but our Druid Grove had Equinox the following Saturday, so there was a lot of stuff to eat there. I brought the peanut noodles again (as my grovies love 'em and they're vegan - most of my friends are vegan or vegetarian) - our leaders brought vegan corned "beef" and cabbage, the yoga center's owner made Irish Stew (not vegetarian, but we do have meat-eaters), another member brought vegan potato salad and there were a lot of snacks. We had did a tea tasting for our workshop.

Last night, I made chicken burritos - leftover roast chicken with Sazon Goya, onions and peppers; refried beans, yellow rice, homemade guac, sour cream and nacho cheese sauce. It was... better than Taco Bells loaded burrito, which was a nice surprise.
Mad Poster
#1943 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 12:44 AM
Triple Fudge Brownies.

Again, nothing weird or illegal beyond a fudge base and chocolate chips.

Mad Poster
#1944 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 6:03 PM
Last night, I had angel hair pasta with red sauce.

Simple, but I was having a bad day. Mostly worried about failure of my pre-op saying they are unable to implant anything in my 300lb body, so I was almost in tears.

The implant will either greatly improve my greatly diminished quality of life or it will have no effect.

So with all that on my mind, I was hungry for comfort food.

Mad Poster
#1945 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 11:12 PM
Brownies... again! This time, I was given a cooking challenge. My mother raves and rants about how great I bake boxed brownie mix and my mother is one of those women with discriminating tastes in desserts and sweets. In my considered opinion, they came out with even mouth feels of chewy interior, moist bottom and crunchy top.

Mad Poster
#1946 Old 16th May 2019 at 1:37 PM
Reviving this thread because I'm proud of my invention

Today I made a chicken salad from bits and bobs in the fridge. We had left over popcorn chicken, some spring onions, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, grated cheese and some sweet chilli sauce! It's delicious.

Mad Poster
#1947 Old 17th May 2019 at 5:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
Reviving this thread because I'm proud of my invention

Today I made a chicken salad from bits and bobs in the fridge. We had left over popcorn chicken, some spring onions, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, grated cheese and some sweet chilli sauce! It's delicious.

I love finding creative ways of using up random kitchen leftovers! I tend to end up either making soup (I'm very original... that's only been the way to use up leftover for what, 8,000 years?) or some version of nachos, but your chicken salad sounds like a great new approach to try!

On a completely unrelated note, I made a potato/corn/random-other-kitchen-scraps cream soup for dinner tonight... Worked pretty well, though it would have been even better if I'd still had any leftover ham to add.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 78 of 78