Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1921 (Who?), Viewed: 166620 times.
Page 77 of 77
Alchemist
#1901 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:20 AM
Baked potatoes...loaded.

I bought a huge bag of the largest Burbank Russets I first came across for the first time in 7 years.

They were pretty big, like someone hijacked a restaurant supplier shipment and sold them to the general public.

It has been a while since I've had potatoes this large.

With the uncovering of the Hunger Stones due to drought saying in German "If you can read this, starting weeping", the Belgians are going to lose their shit if they find we still have large potatoes. (Potato crops are lousy in Belgium, among other things related to the Hunger Stones)

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
#1902 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 6:16 PM
Black bean and green onion nachos with blue corn chips.

Blue corn chips? Chips made from Masa derived from blue corn.

Mad Poster
#1903 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 7:05 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Oct 2018 at 8:44 PM.
Made some cupcakes with chocolate bits and mocca-flavored chocolate cream, and a few with strawberries inside. Tasted great! (It's really a store-bought cupcake mix, but I spiced them up a little, and they turned out really yummy). Also made some scones (that too from a store-bought mix), which turned out alright.
Mad Poster
#1904 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:37 PM
One-crust pie; got a recipe from neighbor. Forgot what a mess I make of crust; flour and grease everywhere. The phone is greased - I didn't even touch the phone! And down the hall is now the cutest kitty foot prints. I did this to use up the frozen white peaches from my tree. Bad idea; I tried to get the liquid out with a colander, then boil the liquid down. Added tapioca. Added flour. Added more tapioca. Finished product was peach soup with a top crust. And the peach pieces were now a shade of gray. I ate the crust with jam.
In other news, I make a lovely mango salsa when I cook fish. And like a side of cabbage slaw; I use a package with 2 kinds of cabbage, and make a dressing of mayonnaise and miracle whip with a bit of milk, lemon juice, maybe bits of apple. Is miracle whip a US thing?

Namaste
Mad Poster
#1905 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Oct 2018 at 4:06 PM.
Grammapat, according to Wiki, miracle whip is basically a less expensive mayonnaise alternative. Not sure about the brand, but the company behind it is international, so it's possible the product is sold under different names elsewhere. I haven't seen it where I live.
Theorist
#1906 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:51 PM
Penne Arabita.

/wɒt Iz lʌv?/
/beɪbi dəʊnt həːt miː/
/dəʊnt həːt miː/
/nəʊ mɔː/
Mad Poster
#1907 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 6:53 PM
Oven-baked cod with roasted potatoes, bacon and veggies.
Mad Poster
#1908 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 8:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Grammapat, according to Wiki, miracle whip is basically a less expensive mayonnaise alternative. Not sure about the brand, but the company behind it is international, so it's possible the product is sold under different names elsewhere. I haven't seen it where I live.

=
They don't taste the same. And per their labels, mayo has more eggs, miracle whip has more sugar and vinegar PLUS paprika, garlic, etc that mayo does not have.

Namaste
Alchemist
#1909 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 2:08 AM
Schnitzel and guacamole... started off as a leftover combo and it was one of those combinations that actually tastes better than first impression sounds.

Alchemist
#1910 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 1:59 AM
Stir fry with vegetables and shrimp mixed with King of Cajun Cream Sauce spice.

Alchemist
#1911 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:07 AM
Fujikko yakisoba, Gunma-chan udon and ebi-tempura soba.

Wasn't in the mood to cook and wanted to try the long-awaited package of noodles.

Mad Poster
#1912 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 1:39 PM
A seafood dish called the Neptune's Feast at work tonight.
Blue Swimmer Crab, Moreton Bay Bug, Scallops, Mussels, Oysters, Calamari, Prawn Skewers and a Salmon and King Prawn salad
Sold about 3 tonight

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Alchemist
#1913 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 11:58 PM
Hiyamugi noodles (structurally similar to udon and somen) with soy sauce.

I received them in my September noodle box.

Field Researcher
#1914 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 11:02 AM
I made fried shrimp tacos! My roomie and wife enjoyed them so much I got them to double their typical dinner size! I made sure I made my personal sim maxed out his cooking skills to match mine. Everyone loves my cooking a lot, been doing it around 18 years now.

- Sent from my iHell
Lab Assistant
#1915 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 4:58 AM
What i got cooking is some pizza in the oven
Alchemist
#1916 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 8:30 PM
Yuzu Somen in a cup. Came in my Umai Crate for October 2018. Like your standard instant noodles, they reconstitute in the span of 3~5 minutes. It was somewhat sour due to the yuzu flavor in the noodles.

I received the crate in the past couple of days due to Storm season in both Central Japan and Eastern Seaboard United States

Inventor
#1917 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 12:50 AM
Yesterday, fried chicken for lunch, and a big old glazed ham for dinner. Didn't make stuffing or pies because I didn't expect anyone would eat it.
They didn't eat the chicken or ham either. Kid had spaghetti, wife had microwave stuff.
I'm glad they don't feel obligated to eat what I made for them.
Well, I'll eat it... eventually. Schrodinger will help me, I'm sure.

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#1918 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 6:33 PM
Tailgaters Turkey Chili

I'm not making this with turkey. I'm using organic beef instead so I can have some.

I use this recipe as a base, then change it up to whatever I have in the house. Sometimes I use black beans instead of kidney beans, ect... I was feeling lazy last week when we went shopping, so I bought frozen pre-sliced onions and peppers. Peppers are also stupidly expensive this time of year in my neck of the woods.

I make this in a Instant Pot, allow it to slow cook for 6 hours which is my favorite part, and this recipe freezes well, when I have enough to freeze that is.
Alchemist
#1919 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 1:20 AM
Tonkotsu Ramen with Black Garlic Oil. November Umai Crate.

I have taken a liking to Japanese-produced ramen. It's actually tastier than what is produced stateside.

Mad Poster
#1920 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 7:43 AM
Can't beat Fish & Chips

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Alchemist
#1921 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 9:56 PM
Alchemist
#1922 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 8:22 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 5th Dec 2018 at 5:12 AM.
Matcha soba. It's green tea noodles that are either served hot or cold and I'm getting used to eating cold Japanese noodles.

12/04/2018
My standbys of udon noodle soup and pork gyoza.

Page 77 of 77