Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1018 (Who?), Viewed: 92751 times.
Page 41 of 41
Mad Poster
#1001 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 10:41 PM
Uncle Bill came around (father's older brother) and we had an interesting discussion on things like how to repair cracks in polyethylene hot tubs, invasive species, how to make free healthcare a given in the US (that was a toughie) and how his 2 story garage is finally repaired. He has certainly gotten rounder since last meeting him in May this year at the BBQ for Memorial Day weekend, but he plans to work on that.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Test Subject
#1002 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 8:18 AM
The Sims 4, TS4: City Living, and a brand-new laptop as Christmas gifts. Shockers.
Scholar
#1003 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 9:08 PM
I found the butter biscuits at the back of the cupboard
Mad Poster
#1004 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:14 PM
Went to therapy. Carthartic as it seems, I may be spending my Tuesdays working on my issues.

I feel it would be for the best if I back off starting new relationships to better place my footing on my life. I've backed away from the toxicity of any relationship regardless because I learned that wisdom is rarely, if at all, is taught at school. I also live in America, which means healthcare, housing and higher education are for the privileged (i.e. those who don't need to worry about money). Part of me wishes that I had better insurance, the money to buy my grandfather's house I live in and attend whatever college I want. However, there is much resistance to such change.

So for now, I have a bit of a big deal to sit on. The two classes are lead by my therapist and another woman on the same floor. My original plan to ask to continue individualized therapy with my therapist is currently on hold until she can talk to the director of the program.

For now, my day is tense but had quite a 16 Ton weight I dropped on my poor therapist. She's put up with madness for well over a year. I was given one more appointment in the new year.

As much I love my blatant honesty towards her, it's the post therapy exhaustion that leaves us saying "Glad that's over!"

Lab Assistant
#1005 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 11:07 PM
When I realised it was gone 2pm and my work day was done.

.:: B2 SIMS ::. All my creations in one place. With added brainspill.
.:: B2 SIMS: SIMBLR EDITION ::.Tumblr showcase. No frills, no spills.
.:: @B2Sims ::.Tweet, tweet!
Mad Poster
#1006 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 6:38 AM
Shopping. Did necessary shopping for my January.

Besides that, not much to say beyond the scope of doctor appointments and home.

Mad Poster
#1007 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 7:17 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 7th Jan 2019 at 11:54 PM.
Finding my usual pair of glasses. It was under the bed. Spent the past week with a spare with a broken right hinge.

My usuals are two shades of blue and my spares are dark purple.

01/04/2019
Today, I got veggie sushi for lunch. My father starts work tomorrow and I recently organized a giant box of small things. Due to the Midwest having snowstorms, some of my packages have been delayed.

The only one not delayed is the gold lipstick I accidentally ordered from a France-based warehouse (some Americans will sometimes give French names to their shops for the sake of exoticism. Turned out it wasn't a lie that it was 100% French. It was being delivered via the Metropolitan French postal group, La Poste). It was the only gold lipstick that wasn't made in China.

Either way, I have to help my father find his keys to the van as he's handing the van to his older brother Bill (because of my father's "situation", he's not allowed to drive so the van is of no use to him, but the van is technically for use by any family members able to drive it.) This may require putting my "dorsal fin" into it.

01/05/2019
Yesterday turned out well. (dad found the keys to the van, and uncle Bill was able to take the van. He now has a white sedan in his spot. Can't help but laugh at the SpongeBob SquarePants "Band Geeks" reference.) With my bathroom falling apart, the only big thing today that worth making my day is I recovered my Apple ID so I can use it to buy shows that made the jump to digital. I may buy an iPod touch for that purpose of watching videos with proprietary DRM (my father worked for Microsoft and DRM, as far as I knew, he treated the term like the High Imperial Queen Mother of dirty words.).

Currently waiting for some money to clear before I can use it. I still owe my parents $20 to pay for rent, utilities and services.

1/7/2019
My father has Mondays off. I received my work books for note taking.

The notebooks were assigned for...
Skill Building:
Cooking
Sewing
Life Skills Training (Repair Skills)

Language:
English (Includes UK and AUS dialects)
Latin American Spanish (Mexican dialect)
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Korean

Gold lipstick from France...and a $25 check in my favor. My father fixed the vanity light, my uncle yesterday helped me fix my toilet's flushing mechanism, still waiting on a Japanese styled school bag (based on 21st century designs in recent anime that it's more based on a duffel bag than a leather briefcase, like in classic anime.) and small plastic cases for all-purpose duty.

Otherwise, fine. Not much to say beyond not correcting errors in my favor has been my modus operandi since I was young.

Mad Poster
#1008 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 9:53 PM
My father brought home some boxes from work. I need to store something secret in these boxes. My father is the only one privy to the madness. Besides that, I plan on cleaning my room after my father junked up an area I originally had cleaned up that my father tried looking for my ankle socks.

But right now, my sleep schedule is shot due to taking my sleep medicine once the sun goes down around 5:00PM. I wake up at 2:00AM because my circadian rhythm is off.

I guess right now, the lull I am in is making my day today.

Alchemist
#1009 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 12:06 AM
We put the crib up today in the baby's room. Also I ate half a pint of ice-cream! (Ben & Jerry's phish food flavour)

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#1010 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 2:03 AM
The pile of donation stuff is finally out of the house. Hip-hip!

In August, the stuff was confined to a medium-sized Amazon box which is the standard size box I leave down there just for donation purposes. By the beginning of Dec, the collection of boxes and things to hold other things looked like a island of stuff hanging out in the middle of the room. If you're wondering what I mean by things to hold other things, here's a example. Today I got rid of a stock pot that I filled with socks two weeks ago. There was nothing wrong with the socks other than they were made from a material that made me itchy. There was no point in keeping them, they can be itchy on somebody else.

The house is almost down to a 1:1 ratio... or one thing in, one thing out. Buying food ( and other household stuff that is used daily) in bulk for the month doesn't count, but for most other things, that's the goal. Less clutter means less dust which equals less cleaning. Less time cleaning means I can be doing something else. You get the idea.

I also behaved myself in Target. I got the "Is that all you're buying?" look. Instead of asking what the problem was even though I know what that look means, I decided to let the troll deal with his bullshit.

All I needed was a place mat. The dog is a slob when she eats and I'm tired of cleaning the floor a couple times a day. So, I found a place mat ( it will be cleaned once a day) and didn't care if the grand total was only two dollars and change. It isn't as if the cashiers at Target work on a commission or anything, and even if they did, I still would have left the store with only a snowman place mat.
Alchemist
#1011 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 10:59 PM
Bought more baby stuff today because there was a "baby event" at Aldi. The nursery is elephant themed, and they had LOADS of stuff with elephants on, so we literally bought everything. Plus I got a really cool changing bag with a little changing mat inside and a bottle holder.

Mad Poster
#1012 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 1:11 AM
Played Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Held a Tournament with the Mii Fighters and played Ness's Story in the Classic Mode. It may be the only way I know of that unlocks Spirits and new playable characters. I may attempt chasing down Pac-Man once I get some sleep, he beat my proverbial ass and any auto scrolling levels are a pain in the ass, because if you get left behind, you lose a life. But one of the assist trophies was Jeff from Earthbound, Ness's home game. Personally, I hear it sounds like a great game, quirky characters, adventures through time and space and if Ness gets homesick, he can always phone home to his mother, something I rarely saw in Pokémon.

Mad Poster
#1013 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 11:49 PM
Took today easy.

I did throw in a load of laundry in the washer.

There is a weird joke my parents make when I am left alone for the afternoon or vacation that I "clear any men in the house out before they come home". It's sort of fallen out of use lately. Today was a good example of a lack thereof of a darkness forgotten.

Either way, seeing Alex Trebek's cringe face recently was something rather telling. It was creepy to hear that answer. I would have heard similar on Family Feud, but that ruined Jeopardy! for me.

Mad Poster
#1014 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 12:03 AM
Got my January Umai Crate.

Had a chance to take a bath. (Note: I was bestowed the nickname Kymchee because I would study for hours on end, taking a couple breaks in each block from sun up to sun down, day in, day out. You can't even imagine how itchy the dead skin gets. @JDacapo might be right. A gross or barf button would be suitable for such things)

Daydreaming about just how beautiful life would be if I found "the one for me" and having those bad dreams where I am a monster worthy of Satan himself, only I had three skull-like heads with blood red eyes with black scleras (sclera = White part). The bad dreams will be filed for discussion with Colleen. But I am trying to regain control. BTW That giant Red Fox sounds an awful lot like Michael Stipe.

Alchemist
#1015 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 12:14 PM
Scan day!! Got to see our baby! (S)he is growing healthy, no abnormalities as far as they're aware.

She (We say she, but we're not finding out) was lying upside down and then with her back to my belly, so they couldn't get a good look - so we had to go walk around for 30 minutes and try again just to get a picture of her (and a few more anatomy tests). When we went back, she had luckily moved - but within a minute she moved right back onto her side. Luckily we grabbed a photo just in time. Stubborn baby takes after me Apparently on my scan photo, my parents wanted to find out my sex but I stubbornly crossed my legs and put my hands behind my head as if lying in a hammock.

Mad Poster
#1016 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 3:42 AM
I was able to finish Lilo and Stitch earlier this week and today I finished Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch (the movie is more of a filler, but there are important plot points within regarding Lilo's mother in a "When she was your age..." story and Stitch's health and his creation, which in flashback, tells of the events prior to Jumba's trial before the United Galactic Federation's Grand Councilwoman in the opening of the original movie.) and Stitch! The Movie, which serves as the sequel to Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch and serves as the prequel to Lilo and Stitch: The Series.

I also watched Lilo and Stitch: The Series. Watched the first 4 episodes.

(currently only available in Region 2 Japan DVD with both Original English and Local Japanese audio and subtitles. I have the proper machine for it.)

(Been buying Japanese DVDs for about 10 years and it was usually Sailor Moon because I was doubting they would bring it back into circulation\distribution worldwide. It actually floored me for years about, 5¬Ĺ years ago when they announced that it was going to be uncut, unedited, uncensored, unchanged, unaltered...all 200 episodes (the first censored dub got about less than 160, due to a number of the Dark Kingdom arc episodes were cut, a two-parter condensed into one, an episode in the R\Black Moon Clan arc was not received by DiC, probably due to regulations on DiC's part; the special featurettes for the first movie, the third movie and the 4th season special were cut, the special moreso would have reveal that HarukaXMichiru relationship, which censorship at Cloverway covered it up as a cousin to cousin relationship, which spurred incest jokes in the fan community and the entire Sailor Stars arc was withheld due to LGBTQ themes and "Barbie doll" nudity in the final episode.)

Mad Poster
#1017 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 10:40 PM
Well, I had Chinese takeout for dinner. It's from a shop that is the only shop in an otherwise abandoned strip mall that once had an A&P as the anchor store. (A&P went bankrupt and closed forever in the last 10 years.)

We considered proposals to other shops in the NY-NJ-PA tri-state area to take it over as the local ShopRite has been raided by the retirement villa next door with rather lacking etiquette of blocking aisles in the middle or in front of the center, stopping suddenly to chat. It upsets me that I'm showing proper shopping etiquette of moving my cart or self out of the way when someone is coming through or moving to an open side when someone needs something from the display.

Probably going to take a selfie with me in a lab coat and hi-vis green necktie. I'm actually not much of a selfie person. Not confident enough. Years of being demoralized and egotistically weakened made me a wreck. There's a name tag I made reading "DJ KRSB" which was part of the transformation. I recently been singing to my father's remaining plant, a Christmas cactus and it's currently growing new spine-covered leaves.

If anything, my attempt to bolster whatever remained of my self esteem as well as breathe new life in an abandoned supermarket might be worth a shot.

Mad Poster
#1018 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 21st Jan 2019 at 11:40 PM.
I had to go on a road trip to get a bag of Critical Care for Houdini as my vet ran out and no other vets office in my immediate area had any. I have some coming tomorrow, but I'm going to run out before then.

Making the trip didn't make me happy, but where I ended up was a really cool place. It is a vets office combined with a wildlife rehab center. I got to walk around and see all all different kinds of tortoises, turtles and other critters. It made the almost hour trip one way completely worth it.
Mad Poster
#1019 Old Yesterday at 10:32 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 10:46 PM.
Yesterday, I finally got my Prismacolors in order.

I actually have OCD and it's to an extent that, if something is not in the right order, I would go ahead and arrange it by alphabetical, numerological, chronological, chromatical order. My worst part of the OCD was I have a bad habit of putting store displays wrecked by customers not putting things back where they were back together. (After my mother worked in retail, she made me put things back where they were exactly found. People in retail hate that misplacement.) So far, I haven't gotten in trouble. The stock people I encountered were blasé and were like "One less mess for me to clean..."

In any case, just celebrating the little victory in a positive behavior is what made my day.

I could work in retail, but I never found it within my comfort zone. I work better in a small, but social group of employees.

Page 41 of 41