Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Wanderlust, a new Sims 2 building contest - posted on 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:19 AM
Replies: 0 (Who?), Viewed: 267 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 3:51 PM
How do you organize your CC?
Since this is more about file management than the sims I've put it in off topic. If i am wrong feel free to relocate me to a new neighborhood.

Ive only done the basics of organizing my folders, clothes go into the clothing folder, objects in objects, ect. But as my collection grows and grows I want to organize even more. Like put my hair cc in folders by age group/gender and so on. But there are so many files to go through. Some would be easy due to having say "toddler hair" in the title but because all package files are a string of worlds I usually cant successfully search for that. Does anyone have any tips or tricks, or a program to recommend or can post about how they organized their folder (after obtaining way too much cc :P).
I personally don't have to worry about limiting how many folders deep I go due to having merged all of my package files in the mods folder (expect hacks), and keeping the unmerged somewhere else for sorting, removing, and remerging if needed. If my separated files where super organized it would make it so much easier to find bad cc, (oh theres a missing mesh for an adult female ponytail hairstyle, well it has to be in the newly organized subfolder for adult female hair), It would save so much time finding and getting rid of the broken cc. But starting this little adventure seems so daunting of a task, and so time-consuming, even though it would be worth it later.

Anyone have anything to share with the class?