Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4313 (Who?), Viewed: 168578 times.
Page 173 of 173
Mad Poster
#4301 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 12:14 AM
In a attempt to stick my theme of nothing changes unless something changes, I seem to have opened another can of worms. Trying to keep a open mind is a expensive ordeal.

I made doctors appointment yesterday after spending Christmas at the ER. The appointment went okay. I was finally told what the hospital was looking for every time they pull blood as they refused to tell me what they were looking for, and I got to say what has needed to be said to ears that needed to hear it for a long time. In doing so, my desk is now littered with 5 different kinds of medications. The 6th one is tucked away as I can't start it until I finish one of the 5. Just to keep things interesting, it was decided that I needed to be on blood pressure meds for the time being. I was assured that this was a temporary measure. I didn't ask for a blood oath or anything, but there will be a stink raised if temporary becomes more than that.

What's got me pissed off and has for a long time is: much of this drama and bullshit could have been dealt with / avoided if doctors and the like listened to me in the first place. No amount of blood pressure meds are going to fix the lack of trust they have brought on themselves. Did I mention that I'm one of those people that hates taking aspirin, never mind all this other crap.

Only time will tell if they live up to their word of trying to get me off this 'stupid hamster wheel' ( my words, not theirs) or if we're going to slide back in to the theme of business as usual. I'm doing my part, they need to do theirs.
Theorist
#4302 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 1:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
In a attempt to stick my theme of nothing changes unless something changes, I seem to have opened another can of worms. Trying to keep a open mind is a expensive ordeal.

I made doctors appointment yesterday after spending Christmas at the ER. The appointment went okay. I was finally told what the hospital was looking for every time they pull blood as they refused to tell me what they were looking for, and I got to say what has needed to be said to ears that needed to hear it for a long time. In doing so, my desk is now littered with 5 different kinds of medications. The 6th one is tucked away as I can't start it until I finish one of the 5. Just to keep things interesting, it was decided that I needed to be on blood pressure meds for the time being. I was assured that this was a temporary measure. I didn't ask for a blood oath or anything, but there will be a stink raised if temporary becomes more than that.

What's got me pissed off and has for a long time is: much of this drama and bullshit could have been dealt with / avoided if doctors and the like listened to me in the first place. No amount of blood pressure meds are going to fix the lack of trust they have brought on themselves. Did I mention that I'm one of those people that hates taking aspirin, never mind all this other crap.

Only time will tell if they live up to their word of trying to get me off this 'stupid hamster wheel' ( my words, not theirs) or if we're going to slide back in to the theme of business as usual. I'm doing my part, they need to do theirs.

I haven't followed what is wrong with you but I agree. I went through a phase about 2 years ago where everything piled up (I had just turned 50). I usually just get migraines once in awhile and had some lady issues as my main ailments. Well, then I got walloped with a severe gallbladder attack 2 months in a row and did not have a doctor at the time. We were living up in a rural state and had crappy insurance. I finally got a doctor after suffering through those attacks because I am pig stubborn. I even went to a walk in clinic and they had no clue it was gallbladder. I diagnosed myself and then realized I had to cut the fat out till I healed. By the time I saw the doctor she had me get a full scan (cost a bundle). She also put me on thyroid meds because I said "I feel depressed." You'd be too with all the cr&p we were going through. I am not someone who wants to be hooked on anything but thyroid meds are "for life."

I simply do not trust doctors. I know that's bad but I can't believe with what I know and have experienced they aren't stringing patients along or getting them started on things that are not good for them. My mother is on 2 or 3 meds and they drag her down. She had muscle aches because of her one med. She also takes over the counter stuff for other issues. I keep telling her to get off these meds.

Anyhow, I have 100% sympathy for you.

I miss my beloved dog so much. RIP LUNA 12/17/18
Mad Poster
#4303 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 3:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCAC
I haven't followed what is wrong with you but I agree. I went through a phase about 2 years ago where everything piled up (I had just turned 50). I usually just get migraines once in awhile and had some lady issues as my main ailments. Well, then I got walloped with a severe gallbladder attack 2 months in a row and did not have a doctor at the time. We were living up in a rural state and had crappy insurance. I finally got a doctor after suffering through those attacks because I am pig stubborn. I even went to a walk in clinic and they had no clue it was gallbladder. I diagnosed myself and then realized I had to cut the fat out till I healed. By the time I saw the doctor she had me get a full scan (cost a bundle). She also put me on thyroid meds because I said "I feel depressed." You'd be too with all the cr&p we were going through. I am not someone who wants to be hooked on anything but thyroid meds are "for life."

I simply do not trust doctors. I know that's bad but I can't believe with what I know and have experienced they aren't stringing patients along or getting them started on things that are not good for them. My mother is on 2 or 3 meds and they drag her down. She had muscle aches because of her one med. She also takes over the counter stuff for other issues. I keep telling her to get off these meds.

Anyhow, I have 100% sympathy for you.

The not-so-nutshell version of the story is: I'm a asthmatic that is allergic to just about everything under the sun. Lots of different kinds of foods, including many things that are added to processed foods such as soy. Then there is the dust, mold, dander, grass, trees, pollen, myself if I use the wrong kind of soap or laundry detergent, ect... I've been 'at war' with doctors over these issues for over 15 years. My previous allergist insisted that allergy shots was the solution. Those very shots almost killed me, literally. For that one year, I shelled out over $7,000.00, with insurance. Since then, my total insurance deductible is now $30,000.00. The ironic part of this story is that even though eating a wrong thing could kill me, I have to jump through hoops to have food allergy testing done.

The medication issue: The so-called asthma controller medication I was on ( along with a number of other brands that behaved the same way) before the switch was causing me problems. It was ripping my throat apart and causing severe muscle and joint pain. To add another layer, the allergy meds I was supposed to be taking to keep the environmental side of things quiet were acting like a dose of whiskey so if I didn't fall asleep from it, I was a zombie, all the time.

My doctor insisted on that I needed to continue to use these meds even though there were causing problems. The reason they were doing that is because doctors are scored by the government. The more somebody like myself has a episode or gets sick and shows up to be treated, their score decreases. Meanwhile, doctors offices get phone calls from schmucks in government questioning them / telling them how to treat a problem even though none of these bureaucrats are doctors. To put it bluntly, catering to government is more important than taking care of a patient.

My Christmas Day visit to the ER was considerably longer than it should have been. I kept being told I was having a heart attack all the while being told that I know best how my asthma behaves and what triggers it not to behave. For whatever reason, this acted like a catalyst as far as my doctors office is concerned. I decided that I was going to take the bull ( my doctor) by the horns and have the discussion as to why is it that they've insisted that I continue to take medications that caused more grief than what they are worth for 2 years. It's actually probably longer than that, but that doesn't matter at this point.

After being as diplomatic and graceful as I can muster while getting what felt like 100 pounds of weight off my chest in regards to all of this mess, I was greeted with a pregnant pause, then told I need to go back to another allergist. I then asked why should I if the answer is going to be more lip service about taking more medication that causes more of the same problems and basically being told to take it and shut up about it. I was greeted with another pregnant pause, then told that if the changes that were put into place don't work, I need somebody that specializes in such care. I had to ask those questions before they'd just come out and say that their in-the-box thinking isn't for me.

They changed the 'controller' medication. The new one is $165.00 for 30 days worth of medication. So far I'm not having muscle pain, but my bullfrog voice is coming back. They put me on a different allergy medication as all of the OTC non-drowsy formulas don't work for me. So far, so good with that. This is the one med I was supposed to wait to start taking, but I went against the advice as it wasn't going to affect any of the other changes anyway. There is the temporary steroid to counter-act the inhaler. The controller inhaler prohibits a person's immune system from functioning properly, while the steroid is supposed to make the immune system work not at full speed, but faster than it would while being suppressed. I can't even begin to count how many arguments I've had over this single matter alone. Then they refilled my rescue inhaler, nebulizer meds and then there is the blood pressure med thing. I had to explain that expecting me to workout as a means of controlling my blood pressure ( AKA ongoing hostility with this whole thing) while being comatose from allergy meds wasn't a good idea. That leap for whatever reason couldn't be made on their own. If I broke my face while strength training one day, they would have gotten up my butt about that.

I haven't made a appointment with a new allergist. The one that insisted that I had the allergy shots that almost killed me made it a point to tell me every time I saw him that I would have to spend the rest of my days being a prisoner of my house. He didn't say it in those words, but he may as well have because going outside is a bad thing. I've been a prisoner of my house for over 2 years. I'm done with being held captive simply because I'm allergic to the birch trees and everything else that is outside. Nothing good is coming from it and clearly isn't preventing me from getting sick. I'm in no mood to listen to that speech again right now, so the allergist thing can wait.

If it were legal, I would go to my vet for healthcare. She does a much better job, listens and actually gives a damn not only about her patients, but also about the people that own them.
Mad Poster
#4304 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 2:54 PM
Amazon and DHL are being a huge pain in my ass. DHL has customs/service fees like you wouldn't believe even for doing absolutely nothing in regards to what would normally be a customs-free delivery, and I didn't even ask for delivery by them. Amazon takes no responsibility and says it's DHL's fault (even if they used DHL in the first place), DHL takes no responsibility, and I'm stuck in the middle with a huge fee I've never had to pay before, since Amazon couldn't get their sh*t together and use the regular no-fee standard delivery I usually get.

I'm about ready to wring someone's head.
Mad Poster
#4305 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 12:13 PM
Dear health insurance company,

Your mantra doesn't match your reality.

Every time I go to the doctor or ER as of late, I get a letter a few days later stating that you're available to talk speak with when I have questions or need to discuss something. I don't think said letters are necessary, but whatever.

I called you yesterday asking you to define a term for me because my doctor insists on using a word in a interchangeable way that didn't make sense. All I wanted was clarification so I have a idea of what I need to do and in what order. What I got was a lecture about how your company no longer uses the term "Preferred Service Provider" but yet, those three little words are written all over your website. I did not call to ask what Preferred Service Provider meant and if you no longer use that term for whatever reason, why do you still use it?

I'm not playing these games with you. You cost me a lot of money, I'm paying for things that I'll never use which in large part is why you cost me a lot of money and you're not going to waste my time with these absurd arguments while preaching to me about how you've got my back. Such statements are BS to begin with, but that's a whole other issue.

The next time you do this, I'm going to write a letter, or two. Asking for a simple clarification saves you money for your multi-billion dollar coffers and saves me time and headaches when something is said to me in the form of a blanket statement.
Mad Poster
#4306 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 9:53 PM
Not happy how my bathroom is falling apart.

1. There is a bit of rust in one of the sinks. Has been a persistent contention since I began brushing my teeth in that sink. ("How did it get rusty?")

2. The light fixture above my sink uses discontinued bulbs and the final one burned out about a week ago and it's pretty dark even with the overhead that is turned on with the fan. We're going to need a new lamp as well as bulbs.

3. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, this morning, part of the flushing mechanism fell off, leading to the toilet not working in my bathroom.

Argh! WHY WON'T IT STAY INTACT!?

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Mad Poster
#4307 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 2:26 AM
Dear House Chickens,

If you're going to beg for carrots, the least you could do is eat them. Poking them with your feet and pretending to eat them doesn't count, Pumpkins. Sterling would be more than happy to eat what you didn't.
Mad Poster
#4308 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 8:12 PM
Dear Wells Fargo,

My parents hated you and went to Chase...leaving me high and dry with you.

Next month, I'm breaking off our relationship and filing to switch to Chase.

Your $35 overdraft fees were steep in my opinion, you had a teller who couldn't count under your employ, which is ridiculously wrong; I bet you have a warning not to give a loan or mortgage to go towards a house because of my status.

Consider this your "Dear John" letter because I am through with your financial folly.

Yours truly,
PANDAQUEEN

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
#4309 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 3:24 PM
My brother's been acting out again. It got really bad before Christmas, but since we gave him his stuff back (that we had taken off him over the months for misbehaving) and decided to try a different approach of "If you want to mess your life up it's on you but you have to still follow the household rules" (due to him failing school seemingly on purpose, constant detentions, not applying for Sixthform/college/work). He was good for a bit, over the Christmas holidays from school he's been well behaved, but all of a sudden he's started back at school and he's slowly acting out again. It's just little things, like completely not listening - an example being yesterday when he brought his plate to the diningroom table, but we're in the middle of decorating so there's baby clothes and other bits and bobs on the table, so Adam said "clean some space first before you bring your plate in", my brother walked straight in with his very full plate, attempted to move things with the side of his plate, spilled gravy (UK Gravy, aka brown stain-maker) all over some brand new, white baby clothes, and then Adam said "Dave, I literally just told you to clear some space first before putting your plate down, go get something to clean it up with please", he does a slow walk to the kitchen whilst shouting "It's only gravy, why are you making such a big deal". It's only a little thing, but it's not just that. All of a sudden he's staying up late at night on his phone and going to school late and tired the next day. We're going to have to turn the internet off after a certain time because he's just sitting on his phone or laptop all night and he's been late for school by several hours quite a few times this week. He also constantly talks back to me when I ask him for even the slightest things, all I asked was that he shaved his facial hair, because there's a school rule against it and quite frankly it looks unsightly - and it became a "Shut up I'm not going to shave it" and "Why should I?" even though we've explained it to him several times

I'm not sure if it's just a bad week for him, and he's having trouble getting back into the swing of school or something but it has to stop. They're only small things so far, but it's a slippery slope for him and our relationship still isn't repaired from before Christmas when he spend days continuously insulting me for hours and hours on end because he was bored. He's going to be 16 in march (leaving school in June), but it's kinda a blurry line of whether that makes him an adult or a child. He can get married, move out, buy cigarettes, have sex, work full-time etc... but apparently if I kick him out, he's within his right to call the social worker on me... which is something I don't exactly want with a newborn in the family. But also him being in the household could be terrible for the baby. Firstly, I'm horribly stressed throughout this pregnancy, because he will literally always answer me back until I'm SUPER angry, which isn't good during pregnancy, but also it's not good for a newborn to be in a house with lots of negativity. Also he's not interested in doing anything after high school, and there's no way me and Adam are going to be able to afford for him to live here rent-free when I'm on maternity leave and Adam's starting his apprenticeship, unless he wants to put his dream job on hold and continue working full time at a job he hates.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4310 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 1:05 PM
Oh Market Watch, you and your clickbait. References for my post come from this article.

I'll get the obvious out of the way first. The couple in this story did not clear their $480,000.00 in debt, they're working on it.

When a person has $200,000 of student loan debt, and they are paying $600.00 on a loan that has $900.00 per month of interest, they're never going to make any headway on said debt. They are not only short $300.00 a month, but that $300.00 is also being charged interest on a monthly basis. In order to break even, they would have had to been paying $1,500.00 a month.

People with $200,000.00 of student loan debt shouldn't be buying a house, furniture, ect... Houses are expensive. That doesn't include things like taxes, insurance and repairs.

There is nothing magical about Microsoft Excel. The only thing Excel did was put all debts of said couple in front of them so they could see what all of their debts are. Writing all of their debts down with a pen and paper would have done the exact same thing.

This couple could have made their lives much easier if they just did a debt snowball to begin with. They did eventually figure this out, but they wasted a lot of time before getting there. Paying off debts smallest to largest allows for momentum. Once the smallest debt is cleared, the payments from the first debt are rolled into the second debt and so on. Again, there was no reinventing of the wheel here.

The biggest thing missing from this article is there is zero mention of this couple living on a budget. Making $100,000.00 a year, they should have been able to tackle much of this with no problem. Instead, they continued to spend like they were in Congress.

I'm no financial guru, but seriously. I read this stuff and roll my eyes. People pay gobs of interest to the federal government and banks in the name of student loans where college is supposed to make people smarter, and yet, they can't do simple math. Alrighty then....
Scholar
DELETED POST
15th Jan 2019 at 8:05 AM
This message has been deleted by frogz2007.
Mad Poster
#4311 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 2:35 PM
Quote:
Dear...,

Thank you for signing up for your Prime Pantry membership. We do not have a valid payment method on file for you. Since it has been more than 7 days, we have cancelled your Prime Pantry membership. We were unable to charge the fee, so a refund will not be necessary.

Dear Amazon,

Remember not all that long ago you gave me a speech about how the post office is supposed to return leaky packages? That was a big ol' BS story.

There have been a number of discussions about this very issue since that happened. The post office has never had such a policy nor do they send leaky boxes back. Why? Because if they did, that would mean more mail would be ruined and or destroyed from whatever was leaking as cardboard boxes are not leak proof.

You should be glad that I order from you at all at this point.

No Love,

From the person that isn't always a dumb as I look.
Mad Poster
#4312 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 11:38 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 19th Jan 2019 at 6:15 PM.
By the time all is said and done regarding this Houdini issue, everybody is going to be sick of hearing about it. However, it is quickly turning into a quality of life issue and if I don't talk about it, I'm inclined to break something.

I wasn't okay with surgery, but as long as she was eating, drinking and behaving like a chin for the most part, I was willing to go through with it. As of this morning, there has been a rapid decrease in appetite. She has eaten 2 baby carrots and possibly a few strands of hay overnight. This doesn't help with the surgery situation as the weaker she is prior to surgery means there is less of a chance that she'll recover, assuming she makes it through the surgery to begin with.

I've been in contact with my vet daily since Houdini's appointment. I'll be talking to her again today. While she cannot tell me what to do and only offer her opinion, her and I need to have the quality of life talk. It is going to suck, as it always does.

EDIT: For those that are following along, Houdini is going to be medically managed for the time being. She's already on antibiotics, she's being put pain meds and I'll be feeding her via syringe plus whatever she eats on her own. Depending on how this goes will dictate the outcome.

I bring this on myself and I know this. The most frustrating part of this whole thing is I take animals in that come from horrid situations and crap like this happens. This isn't something I caused or could have prevented, but it still acts like a punch in the face.
Scholar
#4313 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 3:09 PM
With every day that goes by, I get more and more frustrated!
Mad Poster
#4314 Old Yesterday at 9:24 PM
It just went from being a okay day, to a crap day.

My vet called to check in and to explain a thing or two. Houdini is still being syringe fed which she doesn't mind, she's taking her meds with no issues, ect... The problem is, the one non-surgical option we have with a drug that is made in the US comes with nasty side effects, has never been used in way they we'd need to work and can cause death. If I'm going to lose her, it won't be due to excruciating pain. Pain meds ( narcotics in this case) would be given obviously, but nope.

Houdini will be going in for surgery tomorrow; I don't have a choice. It is either surgery which I can still lose her from or she dies because of this infection that can't be cured with antibiotics alone. Her uterus has to come out (spay) as that is the only 'cure' to pyrometra.

I hate this. I hate every frickin' thing about it. This is not a issue of not having confidence in my vet. I think the world of her and we've been through tough surgeries before, just not with a chinchilla. I lost my first chinchilla to surgery. He had bladder stones and died about a week after surgery. My vet didn't do that surgery and the place that did, didn't bother to make a phone call never mind send a sympathy card when he died. They took their $1,200.00 and basically told me to f-off. They will never see another one of my animals ever again.

It is going to be a long day / night and a even longer day tomorrow.
Page 173 of 173