Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#16176 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
This is on the same page with the Romantic Standards mod, but is a separate download.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/609030...-standards.html

Thank you, I'm going to download it since I see no point of it being there if I cannot fulfill the Want for my Sim(s).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#16177 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 9:21 PM
Eh, you can always Ctrl click on the want to fulfill it manually in debug mode if it doesn't work in game.
Scholar
#16178 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 1:34 AM
Is there a way to change a Sim(s) Personality points?

Phoebe Adams the Infallibly Good Witch is supposed to have 10 Nice points (according to this site) but whenever I spawn her to move her in with the Cordials (I move in Sims that are important like Kaylynn & Gilbert's crushes), she only has 3 points in everything but 0 in Sloppy/Neat. Frances McCullough the Atrociously Evil Witch is the same but I think she was supposed to be this way since she's an Evil Witch.

Is it possible to adjust Phoebe's personality points to make more sense? Any help is appreciated.
Mad Poster
#16179 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 1:48 AM
Do you move them in the proper way or do you wait for them to visit one of the non-hobby community lots? Because in one of my custom hoods, one of the Infallibly Good witches was given to one of my sims as a blind date. When she moved in, her personality was much the same as Phoebe's. I wonder if it's a quirk in the programming that makes the witch's personality not initialize properly until she visits a community lot as part of a scripted witch visit.
Scholar
#16180 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 1:53 AM
I move them in using the Simblender (they all decline when my Sims ask, even when they're relationship is high enough!). It says on the Fandom page "The following personality is only referenced in the game files. This happens with all the other high witches from Apartment Life." I could go to a Community lot and wait for the witches to spawn but I don't know how to move them in without the Simblender since they decline the other option all the time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16181 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 1:55 AM
It's best to let all NPC's spawn and do their thing first I believe. Like hobby leaders are best to meet at their hobby lots, witches should arrive and cast spells at community lots etc.

What was the relationship status? Best friends?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#16182 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 1:57 AM
Okay, so if I send the Cordial sisters to a Community lot and wait for both Witches to spawn at different times like they normally do, perhaps that might fix the personality? Then I can return to their home and move the Witches in via Simblender like I usually do? Just making sure I'm understanding. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#16183 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Is there a way to change a Sim(s) Personality points?

Phoebe Adams the Infallibly Good Witch is supposed to have 10 Nice points (according to this site) but whenever I spawn her to move her in with the Cordials (I move in Sims that are important like Kaylynn & Gilbert's crushes), she only has 3 points in everything but 0 in Sloppy/Neat. Frances McCullough the Atrociously Evil Witch is the same but I think she was supposed to be this way since she's an Evil Witch.

Is it possible to adjust Phoebe's personality points to make more sense? Any help is appreciated.

@Fyren5
In game I know of two object mods that will do the job, Single Tile version by Inge Jones of Merola's Painting and The InSimenator {get the object version}

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#16184 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:04 AM
I have the InSimenator (love the object version, especially the Skills Adjuster & Education Adjuster!), I'm guessing it's called "Personality Adjuster"? How does it work? I've seen it but I don't touch stuff in the game that I don't understand (I downloaded it for other stuff). :P
Mad Poster
#16185 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:05 AM
If you go into debug mode, you can change personality points by clicking and dragging on the bar, no hacks required. You can change skills the same way, too.
Scholar
#16186 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:06 AM
Is that safe to do though? I'm kinda scared of debug mode.. I only use it to reset Sims if I really, really need to (if that's even debug mode!).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16187 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:08 AM
I only use debug mode if really needed, I prefer to use mods. Everyone to their own.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16188 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:56 AM
Debug mode needn't be scary at all. Most of the time you won't even notice it's on (unless your hood is a crawling mess of corruption, like one I'm playing...), and it's very hard to do something awful by accident. Most of the mods people use to do the same things are just ways to use debug mode features without turning the cheat on; which can indeed be a blessing if you're running a buggy hood, or find the way the cheat does things confusing or counterintuitive. I find almost everything about it intuitive, but that's what makes horse races.

And I know there's still people who think that the testingcheats can mess up your game just by being on, but they think that because their hoods are corrupted and when they turn on the testingcheats, it suddenly becomes obvious where it wasn't before. They're blaming the messenger.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#16189 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:00 AM
Testingcheats/debugmode is as safe as playing the game normally, so long as you use a bit of common sense. Don't use it to add Mrs. Crumplebottom to a family, for instance.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#16190 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:01 AM
I just hear so many stories of the cheat, that's all I used to have it in my startup cheat file thingy but removed it because my nannies kept bugging out on me. :P

Anyway, if I use the Cheat to drag the personality, will it actually affect the Sim or will they remain as if they had 3 points of Niceness? :D
Mad Poster
#16191 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:02 AM
It affects the Sim, yes. I can't remember if changing it affects the genetic personality, which is what they pass on to their descendants, but that's easy enough to fix in any case.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#16192 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:04 AM
How would I fix that if it ever comes to it? I'm not very good with SimPE. I only know how to change household names with that. :P
Mad Poster
#16193 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:14 AM
I believe that the Batbox has an option to fix it, and InSim does as well. Can't remember if the Blender or Manipulator do.

Fixing it in SimPE is easy, too. Open up the Sim description, go to the Personality tab, and set the Genetic Personality to be the same as the normal one.

Mad Poster
#16194 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:17 AM
Get out of the game and load up SimPE. Choose the Neighborhood the Sim is in that your want to change then use the Sim Browser. Choose whether the Sim you want to change is a playable or an NPC. Select the Sim you want to change, then click on character. There are two columns of personality, one that the Sim shows (how they act), and their genetic personality which is passed down to decedents. Change what you want to change then hit commit. Hit save then exit out of SimPE.

I frequently change the character of the maid to be more neat. I change both neat columns to 10.0 so that the maid will be very neat and clean everything that needs to be clean.
Mad Poster
#16195 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 9:36 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 27th Nov 2018 at 10:50 AM.
EDIT - didn't see where this had already been discussed further up the page.

Is there a way to change a Sim(s) Personality points? ... Is it possible to adjust Phoebe's personality points to make more sense? Any help is appreciated.

Just enable the testing cheats. Then you can click and drag the personality points up and down to whereever you want them. This also works with skill levels, motives, and Freetime hobby enthusiasm. You can do this with relationships too, but the little bars under the portraits are awfully hard to see and I often find it easier to use a mod instead.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16196 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 10:27 AM
How would I fix that if it ever comes to it? I'm not very good with SimPE. I only know how to change household names with that. :P

or use a mod like the Sim Manipulator.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16197 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 10:52 AM
I don't have the game open at the moment to check, but I believe TwoJeffs' Sim Blender and I think also College Adjuster will synch genetic personality to current personality points.
Scholar
#16198 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:36 PM
Thought this thread was a good place to ask this random question :
I've recently DL'd and have begun playing Psychosims' excellent Harbor neighborhood.

Question : When it loaded up , it showed that the game was also making the "Pets" Stealth Hoods, etc.

Since I placed EMPTY Stealth hoods (ages ago) in the C\ Program Files directory... there should not be any added stealth sims, correct ?

I went to look at the C drive EA games folder and went into the folder for "Pets" P001 (Pets\TSData\Res\Neighborhood Template ) ; and it was empty.
So it should all be good ?
Tia.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#16199 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 9:35 PM
Yes, it's all good. The 'empty templates' always stay empty, even when the game is generating the new hoods or subhoods.

So you should see no new playables or NPCS until your game generates them-the mailman, etc-or until you do.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#16200 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 10:20 PM
I sorted the issue with my Witches having strange personalities, I waited for them to spawn on community lots first before moving them in.

My next question is..

Phoebe Adams the Infallibly Good Witch WooHoo'd with Carlos Contender and got pregnant (cheers, Risky Woohoo!). I checked with Simblender to see what she was having. One baby, that's fine. However, Kimberly Cordial got married to Frances McCullough the Atrociously Evil Witch (super cute!) and they both wanted a baby so I let them try & it was a success, Kimberly is pregnant. I checked Simblender to see what they were having. One baby, cool. But it said Phoebe is having twins now?! Before Kimberly got pregnant, Phoebe was only having one baby and suddenly now she's having twins?! Is this normal or not?

Edit: She just gave birth to twins & both are girls. I'm shocked. Phoebe's not happy at all.
Page 648 of 1346