Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 2:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Moving backed up neighborhoods/sims into Uni
First, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the threads on how to install, what not to put in (hacks, etc)...I has made my life sooooo much easier!

Now...I've been quite busy since Thursday. Installed my new graphics card (only took 4 tries ), backed up my old sims2 stuff, created a whole new user account on my computer for sims only, installed uni....which required total uninstall of Sims2, oh, well!...played a bit, started going through downloads to find the acceptable hacks to install into uni, and created a new organization system in my Uni downloads folder to put recolors in. whew!

So my questions are....first....since I had to uninstall & reinstall sims2....can I simply copy old neighborhoods (very doubtful) or sims into the new game? If not can I package up a family and then install them into uni? I figure there will be missing custom clothes/makeup, etc., but would like to at least keep the personality, skills, etc.

Second...daysies? You stated in the How to that you put genetics, clothes, etc? into your SavedSims folder? Are you talking downloads? If so are they ALL bodyshop files? Or are you only talking about your personal creations?

Again...thanks for all the great advice so concisely and clearly gathered up. You guys are AWESOME!

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 6:22 PM
I know for a fact ('cause I tried!) that copying an old neighborhood will not work--my University characters got wiped out. I also tried deleting a neighborhood, hoping that the game would regenerate (like you can do with the Dowloads folder). That just resulted in 2 neighborhoods and an option to create my own custom neighborhood. I think I read something here about packaging up lots and families and then installing them that way--probably a lot safer than what I was trying to do. Good Luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 7:46 PM
Thanks rich1lenore for the confirmation. I really figured copying a neighborhood file in would be a problem. Since they are backed up files, I'm not sure if I can find a way to package them and move them into Uni that way or not. Although possibly using winRAR, SimPE or something. Ugh. Sounds like I'm going to be spending a lot of time playing around to figure this one out. Wonder if I'll ever get the hang of playing Uni at this rate?