Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2016 at 5:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Trying to download amusement park, doesn't work
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...=OFB-SIM3:71237

Fortunately it looks like it's free so I'm not losing anything but when I click on the download button, it gives me this notice right away.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2016 at 3:10 PM
The Boardwalk is a premium store set that usually costs 1,900 store points. If you have already purchased it, perhaps try a different browser to download or try again from your Purchase History? Or the store itself could have been having issues at the time, this happens. Not sure how it could have been showing as a free item, though.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2016 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The Boardwalk is a premium store set that usually costs 1,900 store points. If you have already purchased it, perhaps try a different browser to download or try again from your Purchase History? Or the store itself could have been having issues at the time, this happens. Not sure how it could have been showing as a free item, though.

Hm. As it turned out I already have that. But it didn't say I did, and it didn't have a price listed.

But now I have the same issue with a set that I didn't have. I was trying to load the Futureshock Kitchen and it wouldn't let me, but it now says (after I took the screenshot) that I have all of them now, so it's at least registering as going through...
Screenshots
Scholar
#4 Old 19th May 2016 at 3:44 AM
If you're still having trouble I'd try a different browser like igazor said. It sounds to me like Internet Explorer isn't properly opening the Sims 3 launcher to start the download, maybe it's a security setting or maybe IE just isn't properly handling the link to open the launcher. I know when I tried downloading with IE I had to go through a couple of security pop ups before it started downloading, and one of them was asking to allow the site to use a program on my computer. If I clicked to allow it I had no problems, but I got what was almost your exact error message if I didn't allow it. I would suggest trying Firefox.
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2016 at 3:42 AM
I finally got it working once I talked to tech support. It involved, of all things, clearing my cache.