Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1601 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
LOL oh dear. Welll, I didn't even know this was a thing in the game. I thought Gacy had to have another male cat in the house that she had a good relationship with, and they had to be encouraged to mate. She never even showed any signs of being in heat... she just suddenly was pregnant!

Halleluja, it's the kitten messiah! I assume there was a big star over your barn.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1602 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 12:11 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Dec 2017 at 12:37 AM.
All six of Panda Queen's sextuplet sons have reached level 5 of their Communication skills. Jushimatsu, who is ahead with level 5 Imagination skill, possibly due to his Silly trait. Poor Grant Imahara is about to pass out at times from caring for 6 sons. Sometimes Panda will step in and help. The kids were dancing to the Winter Holiday Station on the stereo, but much of the sextuplets' dancing looked like failed twerking.

Currently, the house is set up for Christmas and Hanukkah (Panda's heritage is an interesting mix, to say the least.) and Grant Imahara, aside from being a likely candidate to pass out on tatami mats or tile flooring, actually enjoys bonding with his 6 sons with the 6 same faces.

Once all six sons reach level 5 in the five core skills, I am going to hold a massive party to age them up to children. I will give them appropriate outfits right after aging up. (Japanese custom for birthdays is to give the birthday kid new clothes. However, this is also a custom that is to annoy according to Life's Little Destruction Book, which I myself am guilty of more than a few obnoxious rules)

Either way, it was an interesting playthrough.

Interesting side note: IRL, Grant Imahara was born October 23, same month and date as me. He's 17 years older than me and to denote his age in the game, he is classified under the adult age stage, is created with age lines, a soul patch and he wears thick glasses, which are the typical square hornrim glasses associated with nerds everywhere. I am a young adult in-game and it's just me as I envision a perceived girl with a feminine duality, a normal weight, long hair and and a dreamer with a kind heart.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1603 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 12:50 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 9th Dec 2017 at 1:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Halleluja, it's the kitten messiah! I assume there was a big star over your barn.

Immaculate conception! I think she got pregnant because she was wandering out at night..

So I decided to give Kristopher a makeover.

I gave him the 'less poofy' version of the cats and dogs hair. I really love some of these pompadour styles EA has created but I find them almost always TOO high!! (Like the bowling night hair too) Thank goodness people who create content see that too and remake them shorter...

Anyway I think it really suits him.
Scholar
#1604 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 1:18 AM
Back to my stinky cats, though... I often find them clean when my sim gets home, but by the end of the night it's like someone cleaned a clogged toilet with the cat.

So I'm thinking (which usually isn't a good omen)... my sim is a Slob. You know, with the burpin and farting all the time. And the cats are affectionate (like RL ragdolls are) and like to stick around the computer chair. Is my sim sharting on the cats? O.o

Also, I tried taking the cats to the doctor to get un-neutered and re-neutered, to see if it helps the problem. (Yeah, if that didn't kill the cats' will to live, I don't know what will ) But when travelling back to the apartment, one of the cats was then trapped in the walled off area around the sides of the elevator, sitting right behind the garbage chute. Whelp, I think my sim had enough of the yowling and threw the cat down the garbage chute O.o
Scholar
#1605 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 1:33 AM
Did you manage to get the cat out?!?
Scholar
#1606 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 1:38 AM
Well, after some pointless trying to find a move cheat or such, it turned out that just travelling somewhere else with the cat (to the vet again, to put the fear of Ceiling Cat into it) and back again, made it spawn in the right place when coming back. Whew.

It's been the first time ever I was actually thankful that TS4 has the zones to travel between, instead of being all one big open world like TS3.
Mad Poster
#1607 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:24 AM
Grant, Panda and their sextuplet sons recently had some growing. After much intensive grinding (I never thought I use "grinding" to describe the continuous skill building in The Sims series), toddlers are now complete potty trained and able to communicate. Choromatsu Imahara, the third oldest needs to max out his Imagination skill to be the first eligible for my aging up ceremony. It's going to be a big party where the boys will grow from toddler to child.

I also took the liberty to adding a second floor for the house. I kind of got the hint when Grant injured himself roughhousing with one of our sons.

Either way, I play for keeps even in games that don't qualify for such gameplay...I am pretty aggressive in terms of skill building, whether in real life or through the Sims. Then again, my grandmother was a woman who wouldn't be murdered in a room with 53 Bicycles because she was a force to be reckoned with. You probably would have received a similar punishment and not her.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#1608 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:47 AM
Well, after some pointless trying to find a move cheat or such, it turned out that just travelling somewhere else with the cat (to the vet again, to put the fear of Ceiling Cat into it) and back again, made it spawn in the right place when coming back. Whew.

It's been the first time ever I was actually thankful that TS4 has the zones to travel between, instead of being all one big open world like TS3.

I had a pile of trash stuck in that same place I couldn't get rid of. This was before I had teh cheat option of delete object. The frustration that I went through to get that garbage! It was annoying because my sims kept trying to take it out but ... its walled in!
Scholar
#1609 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 4:04 AM
Ouch. Yeah, THAT must have been pretty annoying.
Field Researcher
#1610 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 5:30 AM
So right now I'm playing a pair of rather poor and unemployed (I want them to earn their money through street sales and art, or that was the idea. Not sure if I'll continue that because I can't seem to make a sale at all) twins living in the smallest, rattiest apartment I could find in San Myshuno, and, well, their one and only neighbour - with whom they are good friends, actually - tends to spend the entire day walking back and forth to the trash chute outside. Seriously, what is she doing to have that much trash? Anyway, while my sims were just going about their own business, cooking and painting, this neighbour comes right into the apartment uninvited with her trash bag, drops it on the floor, and marches straight back into her own apartment. What?! And my poor sims, they don't even get the option to tell her off? I admit, I had one of them enter the neighbour's apartment trying to do just that, and when failing to find an option for it - oh sure, I could start a fight the regular way, but lets not give my sim mischief skills needlessly - I checked if there was any way I could have my sim dirty up that apartment in retaliation. Sooo... she ended up rewarding the neighbour with a nice cooked meal for dumping trash at their place. So not what I intended, no.
Scholar
#1611 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 6:35 AM
Yeah, the trash thing happened to me too once, verbatim. Granted, I HAD told him off the night before, when he came to complain about my *ahem* testing how far the knob on my new Landlord Whisperer stereo goes. So I like to think that it was some clever retaliation and not, you know, EA still failing to understand the difference between my flat and the common floor space outside.

Anyway, I wouldn't give up on art yet. Paintings at low level skill aren't worth all that much, but throw in the right lot traits, and buy the right rewards, and you'll be selling masterpieces for thousands a pop. It also helps if you can get some inspiring decor.

Cooking... I'm not sure about.

If you want one of the twins to do something else than painting, you could try writing. Since some of the lot traits overlap. It's slower to get the ball rolling, but those royalties stack. If you keep at it, you can get a pretty high weekly income.
Field Researcher
#1612 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 8:09 AM
Yeah, the trash thing happened to me too once, verbatim. Granted, I HAD told him off the night before, when he came to complain about my *ahem* testing how far the knob on my new Landlord Whisperer stereo goes. So I like to think that it was some clever retaliation and not, you know, EA still failing to understand the difference between my flat and the common floor space outside.

Anyway, I wouldn't give up on art yet. Paintings at low level skill aren't worth all that much, but throw in the right lot traits, and buy the right rewards, and you'll be selling masterpieces for thousands a pop. It also helps if you can get some inspiring decor.

Cooking... I'm not sure about.

If you want one of the twins to do something else than painting, you could try writing. Since some of the lot traits overlap. It's slower to get the ball rolling, but those royalties stack. If you keep at it, you can get a pretty high weekly income.

The painter twin has actually maxed the painting skill already and is making masterpieces at every turn - I just can't seem to get a sale at the flea market. (also, I should probably have her start working on some more skills ) Lots of people gather though, not sure what is wrong there to be honest. (It was my first try though, perhaps I'll get the hang of it next time) The other sim, well, she was actually just cooking for the household at the time, though now that you mention it... pies and such, that doesn't sell at the flea market? I've had her make herbal potions for sale so far, didn't quite think of food, but I've had no sale there either so, yeah. And I love playing writer sims by the way, so if I can't get the sales going I might just go for another writer with one of these two.
Btw, I'm a bit disappointed that photos can't be sold among the paintings at the flea market, I'd have loved to make one of these two a painter and the other a photographer. Ah well. :P
Forum Resident
#1613 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 8:21 AM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 9th Dec 2017 at 8:47 AM.
Puppies are so cute, I want one in real life...without the pooping. I think i'll just stick to the virtual one...
None of my sims had any autonomous interactions with him until recently so I was thinking their were none, then my sim just picked him up, they're both adorable. Save me.

I aged Dad down to a child and the nose converts to the FEMALE version of the preset. So male and female children, and female teens/adults/elders the get the same nose.
The male version of the nose is so cute, I wish their daughter could get it.
Well anyways, they had their first child, a girl. I cheated her to toddler and aged her up, she looked a lot like Moira from Overwatch and i'm not sure if that's a good thing. Then the game crashed so I lost her. That's what I get for not saving. Starting again!

The 'rents

I decided to go a different route, They're still married but they hate each other. Once they get back to 0 relationship, I'll start it. I've never played with sims that hated each other.

FOR THE HORDE
Instructor
#1614 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 1:46 PM
Four of my sims were playing a card game. I had one blow a kiss to the other, but the sim didn't see it since they were talking to another sim. Not sure if it's a feature or a bug.
Scholar
#1615 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
The painter twin has actually maxed the painting skill already and is making masterpieces at every turn - I just can't seem to get a sale at the flea market. (also, I should probably have her start working on some more skills ) Lots of people gather though, not sure what is wrong there to be honest. (It was my first try though, perhaps I'll get the hang of it next time) The other sim, well, she was actually just cooking for the household at the time, though now that you mention it... pies and such, that doesn't sell at the flea market? I've had her make herbal potions for sale so far, didn't quite think of food, but I've had no sale there either so, yeah. And I love playing writer sims by the way, so if I can't get the sales going I might just go for another writer with one of these two.
Btw, I'm a bit disappointed that photos can't be sold among the paintings at the flea market, I'd have loved to make one of these two a painter and the other a photographer. Ah well. :P

Ooh, you're trying to RP selling at the flea market. Yeah, no, that doesn't sell much. I just sell them from the easel.
Mad Poster
#1616 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 4:24 PM
3 of my sextuplets are ready to grow up and I am still getting the stragglers to use their thoughts and imaginations to grow. So far, for those keeping score, Osomatsu, Choromatsu and Ichimatsu are ready, leaving Karamatsu, Jushimatsu and Todomatsu to catch up (I always played with aging off since TS2 when skill building was key)

I decided that, for now, until I find a "more than 8 per household" mod and other various mods to accurately recreate my family in TS4, I will just stay with Panda and Grant and their Blessed 6.

Why the matsu at the end of their names? Well, I was born in New Jersey, where there are numerous pine trees and matsu means pine tree and although the pine trees indigenous to Japan are usually depicted in Japanese traditional art at short and squat like bushes, it was a funny coincidence and this goes back to my octuplet obsession a while back of being brazen enough to take baby names from TV characters and me being obsessed with Japan and Grant being Japanese American (IRL, his middle name is Masaru), story in that neighborhood was I chose the names of our sons. Some find it clever, some may regret it and other may never forget it.

Enough back story.

Many times our toddlers threw tantrums out of boredom. Still that just the nature of the beast when it comes to toddler care.

Once they grow up to children, I may put a neighbor next door. Either way, they are the only family in the Newcrest based neighborhood. Sometimes Townies will pass by our house, but that's it. I never really gave it much thought to consolidate my neighborhoods. I currently have 3 saves and I may have to consolidate them into one.

Scholar
#1617 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 5:53 AM
My latest alcoholic vampire is applying for admission into the Toreador Clan's exclusive elite club. Just being sired by the town's prince(ss) isn't enough. You have to really know how to PARTY.

She's a kind and artistic soul, and a bit of a crazy cat lady in training. Well, she wasn't crazy to start with, but those broken stinky cats drove her to downright rival the Malkavians.

Speaking of which, the two broken cats have been sent into the woods with the royal huntsman. She got two new ones, and these don't seem to have any problems. I guess it really was that the vet lobotomized them

Just goes to show: don't "fix" it if it ain't broke

Then she decided that any self-respecting vampire needs an Igor... err... butler, so she hired one. The hired butler came in an ugly white dress. Since there seemed to be no way to convince her to change into something more appropriate, she too was sent for a long romantic walk in the woods with the royal huntsman

(Cue the music changing to Queen's "Killer Queen")

This seems to have put the fear of the Watcher into her replacement. The poor guy won't even go to sleep, presumably out of fear of what happens if he takes the uniform off
Screenshots
Scholar
#1618 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 7:47 AM
I'm setting up Kristopher with Elsa Bjergsen. Sophia is already in a relationship with one of my sim-sons, Lorcan.

I'm going to have to find someone for his older brother Colby..(not pictured)

I gave them a goofball of a cat named Julius.

He keeps sitting like this, its so funny. Cats can sit like that but not very common.
Test Subject
#1619 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 7:56 AM
I'll add pictures later but it's been a shitshow here. Alexander Goth is still a sap who stares at people awkwardly until they don't like him anymore. Lil Vlad and his father got into an argument over the house rules, which caused both of them to become VERY ANGRY and duel each other, which caused Lil Vlad to get his butt kicked. He was a YA at this point, so he moved out with Alaina King. Lil Vlad and his aunt Victoria are tight, so she promised to make him a cure so he can be human (against his father's wishes).

The original Vlad has deeply negative relationships with both of his children. teen Aleksandra despises him, and only wants to pick fights with him when he is around. Kelsey tries to make amends, but even her relationship with the evil loner is going down the drain. Vlad hooked up with townie Summer, and in his rage (he was still VERY ANGRY) he autonomously sucked the life force out of her. He was actually sad that he killed her, but every action has its consequence, I suppose. He returned home and was uber nice to his wife after that. Guilty, much?

Lil Vlad and Alaina moved into their own place. Vlad is just waiting on that cure.
Scholar
#1620 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 8:07 AM
Xizzle Gaming Center is a lot I downloaded. Its got a bowling alley in the basement, video games, Don't Tip The Llama game on the main floor, PC's, chess, on the main floor, and the top floor is a coffee shop/bakery/ice creamery that looks like a retro soda pop diner. I created a club called "Teen Fun" (Yeah not very original I know) which was originally started by my sim Graham. But as he aged out of the club, new teens were added and new teens became leaders. Some of the teens have dated each other and gotten married. Its just a fun way to manage the teens in my game and make friends for them.

I would definitely recommend that lot because it combines a lot of fun elements and is a great teen hangout. OH here it is: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=600808
Mad Poster
#1621 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 9:27 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 10th Dec 2017 at 10:54 AM.
Where to start? On the upside, I was able to age up the Imahara sextuplets to child age, but somehow, I ended up with 10 birthday cakes, a good number partially eaten.

I moved in the Sakanamotos where a widower and his daughter live next door to the Imaharas. The widower actually is a Grim Reaper who targets overworked fishermen. His daughter is teaching him to love life in this world and she's around the same age as the Imahara sextuplets.

Update:
Molgera told me in Skype that my neighborhood is much more interesting than what he normally makes, especially when I added Sailor Moon and the first four Sailor Guardians. I'm actually flattered, but in all honesty, I take advantage of the medium presented to me and whatever mods or CC is present and I choose what to do with favorites, it goes further. In the medium of a customizable game, you're pretty much limited by your imagination.

Field Researcher
#1622 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I'm setting up Kristopher with Elsa Bjergsen. Sophia is already in a relationship with one of my sim-sons, Lorcan.

I'm going to have to find someone for his older brother Colby..(not pictured)

I gave them a goofball of a cat named Julius.

He keeps sitting like this, its so funny. Cats can sit like that but not very common.

That is awesome! What traits does this goofy kitty have?
Scholar
#1623 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
That is awesome! What traits does this goofy kitty have?

Talkative, frisky and curious.
Scholar
#1624 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 3:17 PM
Well, in an unexpected plot twist, the butler in the white dress found her way back from the woods. The royal huntsman has been lectured about how "take her into the woods and let's... hope something bad happens to her there" doesn't mean keeping your fingers crossed and hoping real hard
Scholar
#1625 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 4:27 PM
I sent mom and dad on a fine dinner date at this rooftop restaurant. I think it used to be a karaoke bar. Just how many do you need in San Myshuno?

Julius was not impressed being told he cannot eat people food!

I got a notice that Hugh's spirit was starting to fade so I went over to that household and fixed that situation and then I decided to play the family until 3 and then go back to Gavin's fam

So I sent their YA son George on a nice, casual lunch date with Luna Villareal. I had them play in the fountain after, didn't realise this was so cute!

Of course logically, afterward, they were completely dry. :D

But its a nice place for a little romance

Then back to Gavin's househould and things are really heating up between Kristopher and Elsa!
Page 65 of 104