Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:26 PM
Default I'm unable to delete some bushes.
First, this isn't my world. It's called "Mayfield Springs", and some dedicated simmer put a lot of art and time into creating it.

I'm just moddifing it for my own use... cuz as beautiful as it is, some parts of it aren't what I want.

Anyway... I'm taking out a traffic circle because they're big, they waste space, and I need room to place a lot. So I deleted the signs, the trees (after declustering) and most of the bushes, but these few remain.

They don't seem to be selectable, and they're not just terrain paints. I want them out of the road.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 8:30 AM
Some plants have a very small "object box" so they are very hard to select once placed. But they are selectable.

What you can try:
- decluster the plants layer to make them individual objects again
- hide view -> layer -> flora
- show routing grid, this will show you the red object frames
- move the camera to top-down view as straight as possible
Now try to select them.

Alternatively you can decluster the plants layer and select every plant in the layer (you can use the arrow down key to go through them) until you find the ones you need (they highlight in the render window if selected in the layer window). This is usually very tedious because there are easily thousands of plants in it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:11 PM
Thank you so much, Vincent T! that was genius! It worked!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 5:14 PM
You're welcome - glad it worked
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 7:40 AM
I have found I have to really zoom in sometimes especially with brambles. And if all else fails I have had to go through the objects used to find something that way to delete it, but as said that can be a royal pain to do. Glad you were able to nuke them.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:34 AM
What I did is use the street lamp to get the location, then "show object names" to find out what they are, then searched on the object names until I found the ones near the location. Then I could delete them from the object description window. Never could click on the bushes.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 9:13 AM
What a pain, but hooray that it worked.