Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#951 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 12:15 PM
This is so much fun.Reedoing the challenge couse in my first try every first child was perfect.Soow lucky me:D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#952 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:11 PM
Continued with the challenge today - yay, my second generation heiress is finally a teen!

There she is: Morgana
Screenshots
Test Subject
#953 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 4:57 AM
Here's the second part!
https://snowysnivy.wordpress.com/20...allenge-part-2/
There are literally no singles left in the town.
Lab Assistant
#954 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 9:35 PM
i am starting again i will post pictures
Test Subject
#955 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:32 AM
Much has happened in Midnight Hollow!

My founder Margerete is now an elder and will pass on quite soon... her cooking will be sorely missed, her ranting not so much!
Our gray parrot Dodo died after a long life in the middle of our living room. I think it's quite sad there are no graves for pet birds.
The second generation heir Morgana is a young adult an aspiring artist, tried for a third generation heir already, but the little girl, Alinor, unfortunately is blonde and greenish-eyed.
Well, here we go again
Screenshots
Test Subject
#956 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 8:49 PM
https://snowysnivy.wordpress.com/20...allenge-part-3/
Finally, Crystal's managed to settle down. Still looking for our first heir, though.
Test Subject
#957 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 8:04 PM
In case you guys forgot, we last left the Sommers' family when they visited the park, only to have the children's father, Arlo Bunch, pass away hours later. The only one it really affected was Wrenne since that was her romantic interest. So, the following day, the boys visited the park again to do some things that'd been on their wish list for a while, and what better season to go ice skating than winter itself? Jay did just that, and though he fell a few times, he had a blast.

Wrenne also took Kian there to clear her mind a bit and enjoy the outdoors (one of her traits is loves the outdoors), trying to accept the fact that her love has now died.
But then this happened, thanks to Wrenne's /wonderful/ parenting skills...

I know one of your traits is also loves the outdoors, bud, but what are you doing half-naked in the snow...
Alright-y, so after a really long time, it's finally time for Wrenne to return back to the daily grind! After 16 pregnancies, she was constantly on maternity leave, but she's really excited to be going back to her job at the military that she'd started before all the kids were born. Upon entering the work building, she feared no one would recognize her since she got the job as a young adult yet currently is an elder, but they all remembered... Not only that, but today was also her one year anniversary working there, and her coworkers threw her a party for it! She was delighted to see all the new, fresh faces.
Later on, Kian aged into a child!

He got the lucky trait and his others are loves the outdoors and grumpy. I'm pretty pleased with what he has now, and while grumpy isn't the best, it's certainly fine for randomizing the traits.
Some zombie spawned on our lawn during the full moon, only to die shortly after... It seems a lot of people have been dying around Wrenne lately. Huh.

Jay, stoked that his little brother is finally the same age as him (he doesn't have many friends and is finally delighted to have a play-partner), initiated a snowball fight with Kian the next morning.

Needless to say, Jay won, as his arm had been used to throwing snowballs since he'd done it often, while this was Kian's first time. But they both still had a great time chucking hard balls of snow at each other. Who even invented this game?
Later that night, this ghost came on our lot and started building an igloo outside and eating our cereal...

At first I was really confused as to where she came from, but then I found a grave in our front yard and remembered the zombie that died during the full moon. Since we don't even know her, I sold her grave.
More on the Sommers in my next post...
Lab Assistant
#958 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starglow13
Desperate circumstances call for desperate measures.
Alright, so, here's the part where I explain my "master plan" to you guys. Since Wrenne is aging into an elder and we still have no heir AND our household is currently full with six toddlers, there really only IS one thing for me to do... And that, unfortunately, involves kicking out our six toddlers. But in order to kick them out, an adult needs to go too, so it's time to say goodbye to Aaron. Wrenne and his relationship hadn't really been that great after all the kids, especially since Wrenne was upset that Aaron's genes seemed to be more dominant, so yea, she divorced him. It's now really quiet in the house as only Wrenne and Kia (our dog whom I rarely talk about) occupy it, so that's something our generation two heir is really enjoying.

Sorry for her half-nakedness.
Okay, so since it's now the day that Wrenne is aging, I had to get her pregnant really quickly (before 7 pm when the birthday animation occurs). For those of you who don't know, a sim that's pregnant on the day they age up won't age; their birthday won't occur until the baby has been delivered.
So that's just what we did. I had her go over to the Bunch household and talk to one of the elders, Arlo Bunch. They hit it off really well, and soon enough (after editing his face), Wrenne found out she was pregnant. I completely forgot to take pictures of Arlo, but he has a light brown hair (in game it's actually blonde, but I changed it) and light blue eyes. Pshh, I totally didn't give him light hair and eyes just so the chances of getting Wrenne's darker genes were higher...what are you talking about.. (shh)

That's not the only thing that happened, though! With nothing to do around the house, Wrenne decided to get together again with her former childhood friend, Chandra Ursine. She was later invited to Chandra's party, where she told her former BFF the news that she's carrying a child. Chandra was excited for Wrenne, though this seemed to be the norm for our heir.

The remainder of Wrenne's pregnancy was mostly spent playing with Kia, who'd been neglected ever since all of the toddlers were born. Oh, and I checked outside of the house upon hearing strange noises, only to find the mail lady's body half inside our garbage can...

Eventually, Wrenne's water broke, and she decided to have a home birth. She ended up having a baby boy named Jay Sommers. He was born with the loves the outdoor and jock traits. Since "jock" isn't an actual trait (the game was being weird there; jock is an association with one's name, but not a trait), the game let me roll for the second trait, and I got "hates the outdoors"...which is totally contradictory of loves the outdoors, but nonetheless, I clicked the check mark. When I checked his traits, it showed only loves the outdoors, so I rerolled and he got grumpy instead of hates the outdoors.
I aged him up since time is limited, and he had the red eyes, but his dad's hair. Sorry, bud.

Wrenne invited Arlo over that day and they tried for baby again, and later on, Wrenne found out that she indeed is pregnant. Since one of her traits is dislikes children, she's been really sour the past few days (she really was enjoying her solitude without Aaron and the six toddlers), so let's hope this baby is her last.
is that mod that got the bpdy in the trash can, or a glitch? if so, which mod? yes I'm weird... asking for a mod that does that
Lab Assistant
#959 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 4:31 AM Last edited by WingedCat : 15th Mar 2015 at 7:13 PM.
okay, just started my thing... will post pictures later or in an edit. She mostly started from a downloaded sim, I changed her hair to be two shades of blue with greenish roots and purple tips, She's wearing everything a blue, mostly neon blue and she had green buttons and purple shoes and stuff. Also, I think I went crazy with the accessories... Soz I made her a house with two/three floors, kitchen/living room/her room/bathroom on the bottom, and on the top floor nursery/kid's room/balcony. Stairs from the outside lead to 'the heir room', where the heirs can play and have their own room. I went a little crazy and got them a mini pool with a slide and diving board... I got them a little family graveyard (at least will) and putting down a children's hospital for them to live in or something while Fawn's in labour. And for some sicknesses from a mod. Gosh, yesterday I went crazy with the mods...
Lab Assistant
#960 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 9:58 PM
i might restart this challenge because my sim had a set of twins and one of them was heir i want mor of a challenge so i am resarting my sims was so pretty too oh well i will post pictures
Instructor
#961 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauren.simmer
i might restart this challenge because my sim had a set of twins and one of them was heir i want mor of a challenge so i am resarting my sims was so pretty too oh well i will post pictures

It's always easy the first couple generations. The second generation born usually only has two parents genetics to choose from, the third generation born however, has two parents and four grandparent's worth of genes to choose from, and only two of said six people have the perfect genes. If it's a challenge you're wanting, keep playing and keep going to further generations. Or add another trait they must inherit (ie skintone).
Test Subject
#962 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 5:21 AM Last edited by Buzzler : 18th Mar 2015 at 1:16 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4706189, 4706190, 4706193, 4706195, 4706204, 4706226, 4706250
Hey guys I'm going to start doing this challenge I think!!!! I'll show you my founder in a few minutes ok? :D

Wait can we start at any house because I have to place mine and then choose it as my household... But eh..! 😛😝😜😀😃😄

Can I ask a question how do you change where your from to Canada B.C. I couldn't figure it out I think...

But I'll be taking the picture with my iPad so yeah....

If I could figure out how to post pictures darn it

Believe it or not my sim has already got a husband and it doesn't show she's pregnant but I believe/think she is. She also is going to you know the sims 3 France/Paris like right now I think. If only going to another town or university didn't take so long... Wait were we allowed to go on vacation? Well so there's a chance I might be bending the rules a bit... :/ sorry for so many messages... 😜😄

I've decided something im going to restart my challenge with the same person (maybe someone different) at a different time I think... Wait nvm I have decided I will continue it but I do have a question how do you post pictures from your sims game? (Again sorry for all the messages/posts 😀😛😃😃😝😄&#128540
Test Subject
#963 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 12:07 PM
Here is my third generation heir:

Arkanos

My founder Margarete died... of course she had to die at the gift party on snowflake day

Arkanos is the 5th child an only son of Morgana and James Doe - funny thing is, they're officially not even in a relationship

It's also kind of weird that aunt Jennifer Doe is a faery now and James Doe himself seems to be a witch. I only found this out when I realized that my heir Arkanos is also a witch-child. Hope that won't count as cheating in any way...

oh and wait, my second parrot died as well so I got the family a kitten :D
Screenshots
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#964 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 1:18 PM
@Lily-Cat, please don't multi-post. Edit your existing post if no one has answered in the meantime. Also please keep in mind that this is not a chat, so please keep your posts reasonably meaningful.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#965 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
It's always easy the first couple generations. The second generation born usually only has two parents genetics to choose from, the third generation born however, has two parents and four grandparent's worth of genes to choose from, and only two of said six people have the perfect genes. If it's a challenge you're wanting, keep playing and keep going to further generations. Or add another trait they must inherit (ie skintone).

thanks for the help
Test Subject
#966 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Buzzler : 20th Mar 2015 at 7:41 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4706772, 4706890
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@Lily-Cat, please don't multi-post. Edit your existing post if no one has answered in the meantime. Also please keep in mind that this is not a chat, so please keep your posts reasonably meaningful.

Ok I'm sorry im used to most things being chats and thanks for putting all my messages together

I've decided that If I do do this im not going to post anything! (Maybe)
Test Subject
#967 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 8:25 AM
I've been stalking this thread all day, reading all the challenges people have been posting and the like. I decided to start my own family. I'll post some pictures later, but my founder is Bella Miller~~ lavender hair and eyes. She started out in Alpine County, but soon after adding her romantic interest to the household, had to move to Meadow Glen because of lag. The couple are now married. Their first pregnancy resulted in a boy with, unfortunately, none of the traits. But I had another go, this time with the fertility treatment, and ended up with quadruplets. I didn't cheat or anything, and I got them. To but it nicely, I panicked because I was expecting twins at best. I don't know if any of the quadruplets quality to be an heir yet, since they're all still babies.

My family tree (currently):
Bella Miller is marries to Chad Luck, who's last name is now also Miller.
Pregnancy 1- Andrew, currently a toddler, no genetics.
Pregnancy 2- In order from oldest to youngest: Macalister, Chloe, Brayden, and Max. All infants who age up in a sim day.

I'll be posting pictures later!
Test Subject
#968 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 9:36 PM
I recently started this challenge. Right now I'm on my founder still, but I have two possible heirs that are both teens. I had to go through 12 kids before I got a possible heir. xP
Anyways, the two that are possible for heirs are two girls named Misty and Sabrina. I'm probably going to pick Sabrina for the heir because Misty's kind of odd looking. I'll post some pictures once they both age up- Sabrina just aged, but Misty hasn't yet.
Test Subject
#969 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 8:45 PM
This is the best legacy challenge I've encountered so far. So excited to try this out :D
Test Subject
#970 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 9:21 PM
It's been a while since I touched on the Sims and I'm completely addicted as of today. I only have the base game and no mods to avoid lagging. :/ Please bear with me.

Amber Delacroix is an aspiring chef who takes immense pride in her craft. While nearing her dream of becoming a 5-star chef, her then boyfriend Judd Prince, asked for her hand in marriage (haha, typical). Both wanting to raise a huge family, the couple both gave up their blossoming careers, moved into a new town and started working as freelancers.

Amber now works as a sculptor, chiseling away fine blocks of stone, halted only by her gripping contractions...

Amber had high hopes once she saw her son's beautiful tuft of purple hair, but his eyes... close but no dice

Her next baby bundle came in a pair, Alana and Arthur, both sweet sweet babies she had wished for but ultimately, very far from her dream of having a purple prince/princess heir.

The Delacroix's have a long way to go. I really enjoy this challenge since every pregnancy keeps you on your toes!

Also quick question, not sure if I've gone through the original challenge thoroughly. Are we allowed to keep an immortal sim? I would like to keep my founder alive till the 10th generation

Test Subject
#971 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 9:49 PM
great job you inspired me to do perfect genetics 2 if you can check it out please
Instructor
#972 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 6:37 PM
FiendFire, love your pictures, especially little Catarina and Aron. But if someone has not replied since you and you have something to add, use edit. Double Posting is against site rules.
Test Subject
#973 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 7:28 PM
I love your updates, FiendFire...
I am waiting for more...
muahahahaha
Test Subject
#974 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FiendFire
Ican'teven,
I will be updating soon. I'm a little sad the heir is a boy, as girls are easier, but at least I HAVE an heir! And it only took me six kids!

Yeah, girls are a lot easier!
Six kids is actually quite good, considering sometimes it takes like 19.
Sorry for being super creepy last time xD
Test Subject
#975 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 9:17 PM
Default Jobs???
Are my Sims allowed to get jobs? heir, non-heir children, spouse.
Page 39 of 46