Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 11:13 PM
Thanks for the tutorial...

2 things...

1. if you have a lot of files why not make asecond recat-map and recategorise the files per 50 orso files?
You need to quit and restart SimPE everytime to moce the files but it might go a bit faster overall...

2. About A/Ya, i think there shouldn't be too many problems with things like bikinis, bra/panty-sets?!?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 8:57 PM
Aweseome, your things are so helpful, I love the one that helps place items in the community category. Is there a way in which one more thing can be changed, that collections for residential lots can be made to exist on community lots as well.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 4:26 AM
For some reason I could not find the "the" category u spoke, any further instructions would be greatly appreciated
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#54 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 4:40 AM
Which category? In CI or SimPE? And if in SimPE, in the scan window or the opperations tab?

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 8:48 AM
DUDE I figured out instead of "the" in the SimPE categorie ( as stated in step B2) it says "...". Once I tried that I followed your directions to a T. THank you so much. You have no idea how much. Now I can have clothes in my pregnant section. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. And if I haven't said it enough, THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#56 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 2:14 AM
Yes, SimPE's interface undergoes minor changes over the revisions.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 10:31 AM
I was wondering.... can you change the category of clothes to be the top-only or bottom-only in everyday?

I have some nice things categorized "swimwear" or "undies" and I would like to be able to use them also as bottoms and mix them with tops...

It would be fine even if I had to clone the object.
Part-time Hermit
#58 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 2:10 PM
That's not possible because the tops and bottoms are different meshes from whole outfits. So, just recategorizing won't work, it would require a mesh edit.
Test Subject
#59 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 9:28 AM
Thank you for your answer, IgnorantBliss.

What a pity!
Test Subject
#60 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 1:03 AM
Thank you so much for this tutorial. I always get so frustrated when I find a bathing suit in my active wear. I really needed this. Thanks again.

All my creations can now be found HERE.
Test Subject
#61 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 7:45 PM
Default HELP - my files aren't showing back up!
Question: I did the changing in the PE, but now there isn't any files in the RECAT to scan! All the clothing packages now say (ie) "duo49.packagedisabled" and I can't move them back! HELP! I thought I followed the directions to the letter... but I've obviously screwed something up.

How do I fix this?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 21st May 2007 at 4:33 AM
OMG... you rock!!!! love u love u love u. Some of those multi cats had me wanting to do not nice things!!!

Just out of quriosity (sorry can't spell for doodly), is there some way to tell which mesh a skin uses? Cause I have a bunch of custom meshes downloaded and cloths i created on them and I don't know which goes with which when it's time to upload them!!! Grrrr....
Thankxxx
Test Subject
#63 Old 27th May 2007 at 9:44 AM
Okay, new question... Just downloaded the SIM PE for Seasons and now there is another listing under catagories: casual 1, casual 2, casual 3. Under the operations section (where changes can be set) only "everyday" is checked. Things are still appearing in multiple catagories in the game. What are these "casual" catagories?

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 1:40 PM
Just wanted to say thank you, I just did this and it took less than an hour total. I also had a couple I forgot to change, and a couple I apparently unchecked from everything. lol When I went and did scan I saw those two in red so just switched over to categories. Noticed what I did and fixed it. Also fixed the two pairs of swimtrunks I forgot to fix. Then switched back over and scanned again. Opened the Sims and the CAS clothing opened MUCH MUCH quicker. Went through the pages and they went much quicker also. I had so much that was in active, swim, undies and pj's for both males and females. Plus a ton of clothing for females/males that was both in everyday and formal. Now everything is in one category, so thank you again
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 10:45 PM
Default Thank You!
Thanks for this toutorial, I really needed it for a requested sim.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 6:32 AM
Your tutorial worked great for me! Thanks so much!

One question. I downloaded some clothing that is available for adults and elders but I don't want the clothing to show up for elders. Can I use the same method as your tutorial but uncheck the elder option?

Thanks!

Black Holes are where God divided by zero. -Steven Wright
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nebulosa
Why not just use Bodyshop and create new clothing of the ones you want to change categories for? When you import it again, you always get the option to select the categories you want the clothing to be displayed in (formal, everyday, undies, swimwear, pjs etc). Then you can delete the old clothes if you wish. This "cloning" is a much easier and faster way I think, 30 seconds or so . I use it alot myself if I want to change the categories of the clothing I've made or other's.

Actually - just to throw my two cents in here - I've used both methods. I have to be honest and say that I was looking for a way to do this in SimPE, when I found how to do it in BodyShop. What's annoying, though, is all the steps it takes in Bodyshop. Yes, you have to wait for everything to load in SimPE, but you can walk away and get a latte, or cuddle a loved-one, or read a book. Then it's bim-bam and they're all changed in about ten minutes. It took me several hours to change the same number of pieces in BodyShop.

I only wish there was a way to choose whether something shows in the "Shirt", "Pants" or "Sets" category. I have several sets that don't work properly when separated, and I'd love to get them out of the individual categories if I can. >.<

Oh - and a hearty "Thanks!" to Frumph (pardon the horrible memory for spelling) for posting this. This has made my life soooo much easier! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rhondalatte
First I would like to thank you for this tutorial, this seems so complicated and fun at the same time.
(I'm using SimPE 0.56 for the first time and have a question). I read the part where it you said:

Just to get you familiar with the operations tab, click on the Operations tab in the lower half of your Folder Scanner, than scroll down that box until you see the portion designed for the "Clothing Scanner" You will now see set Ages: and set: Categories: and options for that, thats what you will be using at this point.

In that operations tab is the following and I'm not sure what to do with it:

Health Scanner

OFB Shelve scanner (by Numenor):

dimension

the window will not scroll within the operations box.

what do you suggest that I do to continue recatagorizing? thank you for any help
xo

Just in case this hasn't been answered (I'm working my way through the whole thread), I'd just like to mention that I had this problem too, at first. You have to select a clothing file for the clothing options to become available. When they do, you'll get a side scrollbar allowing you to move down and see the "Age" and "Category" options under "Clothing". Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#69 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 8:19 PM
can i change clothes to from male to female or unisex? how?
Test Subject
#70 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 3:02 PM
I followed all the steps and I worked great but when I opened my game and tried the re categorized clothes I saw something unusual. The clothes that I had re-categorized from teens to young adults still had the shape of teens which created a see-through gap in the neck of the sim. Did this only happened to me? why?
Test Subject
#71 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 8:12 AM
I was about to toss out most of my downloaded clothing which had like all the categories for no darned reason. I am trying this out now as we speak and hopefully things will turn out okay!
Test Subject
#72 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 6:27 AM
Can you only put clothing in one category? I checked both Everyday and Outerwear and pressed set, and it went back to just one of them. Is there any way to categorise an outfit as both? My sims want to wear cardigans in winter rather than snowsuits.
Test Subject
#73 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 12:12 AM
Thank you so much! This really helped me a bunch. Finally no more formal wear in the undies category. Woohoo!

And a note on your walkthrough: kudos to you. It was my first time really using SimsPE (no wonder all my DLs are beyond good and evil) and your step by step instructions really made it easy to use. Even though it was my first time, I knew what to do when and how. Thank you once again! (If only the hair recolour sorting thing was as understandable...).
Test Subject
#74 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxbaby69
Can you only put clothing in one category? I checked both Everyday and Outerwear and pressed set, and it went back to just one of them. Is there any way to categorise an outfit as both? My sims want to wear cardigans in winter rather than snowsuits.

In case the question was not answered yet: After you click on "set" your changes are saved. The changes do not show in the list until you scan the second time (without the thumbnails selected) as instructed.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 5:46 PM
Think you.
Page 3 of 4