Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 3:24 PM Last edited by TommY.KillER : 3rd Aug 2014 at 5:05 PM. Reason: fixed by myself

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
*fixed* Menu glitch after the latest patch (1.67.2)
Hello guys.

I have following problem.
(I haven't played TS3 for a long time but since there's been TS2 for free on Origin and TS4 is being released soon, I thought I should remind myself TS3 aswell.)
So I ran the launcher which gave me an option of update (since my game version was 1.48.5). I've updated successfully so I started the game.
Unfortunately I've been greeted by this message (translated):
"It seems you have installed unofficial game modifications which doesn't match your The Sims 3 game version..."
I can select Exit or Continue. I've checked my Mods folder (I have all working mods packed in one file + few mods which require updates as separate files, like Nraas' mods) and updated everything, then I ran the game again. Same message. So I clicked on Continue.
The game loaded to this screen:

I couldn't load nor create new game.
So I tried a lot of stuff, and I even ended up moving the whole The Sims 3 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts somewhere else to allow the game create a new one but to no avail, I'm still getting the same error message and the same screen.

I have no idea what else to do, I don't want to reinstall all of my TS3 expansions (some are from Origin, some are retail versions), preferably not even the base game from Origin.

Had anyone else faced this error before?

Thanks for any help.

Rock The Sims \m/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 5:04 PM
Okay, I've figured out how to fix it. It was probably just some corrupted game files. I've replaced the contents of TS3 game folder with contents my friend's game folder (both Origin install) and it's all working now.

Rock The Sims \m/
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 6:46 PM
i have the same problem with you
could you please tell me which parts should i replaced and can you share your file to me
i really want to fix it

sorry for my english -_-
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TommY.KillER
Okay, I've figured out how to fix it. It was probably just some corrupted game files. I've replaced the contents of TS3 game folder with contents my friend's game folder (both Origin install) and it's all working now.

recently i saw a lot of people reporting the same glitch here. so i am curious too how you fixed that. it sounds mysterious to get someone elses files, launch the game and everythings fine. but then? you have to put your stuff (sims 3 folder) back at some point. so... i wonder if a factory reset would have the same anti-glitch effect - or am i miserably wrong here?

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:49 PM
I have copied my friend's Bin folder (located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game) and replaced mine with it.
The folder contains no personal files (like savegames, game settings etc.), only files you need to run the game. Since some of my files was apparently corrupted, replacing it with good files from my friend fixed the problem.

Rock The Sims \m/
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:47 PM
thanks for coming back and for the more detailed report TommY.KiLLER

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>