Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 7:59 PM
Default Buying at the larder?
Well, after trecking all the way to the village and not remembering what ingredients I actually need for the master recipes, I kinda got thinking...

1. would it be possible to have some fireplaces or larders that work like in TS1 or TS3, please? Like, have all recipes available, and just have the fridge tax me some coins for the missing ingredients and my sim then just takes the ingredients from the larder like they were already there? I'm ok even with paying a premium for the convenience there.

2. if not, would it be possible to have an extra choice at the larder, to buy the ingredients? I've seen that other people have added buy menus to items, e.g., IIRC Shimrod's bird perches. Would it be possible to add such a buy menu to the larders?

3. Failing that, how about an extra NPC that one can buy food from? Surely there must be some industrious peasant in the village willing to come peddle his food in the town square.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 11:18 PM
Ooh, I love that third idea. I'd like him to deliver right to my heros house; that would be super convenient and realistic! The darn merchant's shop and town square are so close to the village, it's not much help. Seems kind of unlikely, though. How would one even begin to make such a mod? Now those first 2 ideas, those seem quite possible (although a bit to "cheaty" for me). Good ideas!

paysites suck.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 12:19 AM
Well, I'll grant that they're not realistic at all. On the other hand, I submit that I lived just fine with that level of unrealism in TS1 and TS3, so I'm taking a guess that I could live with it in TSM too :p
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Well, I'll grant that they're not realistic at all. On the other hand, I submit that I lived just fine with that level of unrealism in TS1 and TS3, so I'm taking a guess that I could live with it in TSM too :p

How about like TS3, you have the recipes tab at the village store that list the ingredients needed, (or one click buys all ingredients for that recipe) would solve the remembering problem without being 'cheaty'.
All my sims just make vegetable stew now since it's the only one I've memorized the ingredients for, unless I remember to check the recipes before I go.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 3:29 PM
Yeah, if they'd just show me what recipes use what, I'd even be ok with that.

And yeah, I've been living on two recipes myself. That's why I'd like something to make things easier, one way or another.
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Yeah, if they'd just show me what recipes use what, I'd even be ok with that.

And yeah, I've been living on two recipes myself. That's why I'd like something to make things easier, one way or another.

I'm considering just using a notebook to write them down lol although I'd prefer something in game.