Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 8:26 PM
Default Teen got caught by the police after curfew and disappears
My teen was past curfew at the library and she was caught by the police. It's been 3 sim days and she still hasnt shown up. I tried the resetsim cheat but it didnt work.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 8:34 PM
Sounds like foul play

kittens!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 8:37 PM
Have you tried moving the family to a new lot (and then back again, if you prefer). I had to do that once for one glitch that "resetsim" just wouldn't fix.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Have you tried moving the family to a new lot (and then back again, if you prefer). I had to do that once for one glitch that "resetsim" just wouldn't fix.

Haven't tried that yet. Will it bring my teen back?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PunchDrunk

Can't promise it will, as I haven't had that particular glitch. But it does fix some glitches. Either way, it's worth a shot and not much trouble.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 9:08 PM

Probably. Also, you could try Twallan's Overwatch or DebugEnabler, I use both so I'm not sure, but one has the option to fix invisible sims, so that could help.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 2:44 AM
I agree with acid_paradox that Twallan's Overwatch can help, but the option you're looking for is Recover Missing Sims . Fix Invisible Sims is for sims that are present but invisible, Recover Missing Sims brings back family members who have gone absent from the world.

You can get Overwatch from NRaas Industries, and I'd recommend you keep it in after this problem has been sorted out, as it helps to stop your save games getting corrupted. Be aware that the first time you run your game with it in, Sims 3 will freeze for a few seconds to minutes, as the Overwatch cleans up problems in the save.

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 5:38 AM
My teen was past curfew at the library and she was caught by the police. It's been 3 sim days and she still hasnt shown up. I tried the resetsim cheat but it didnt work.

You know one good thing about single player game is you can do a number of things to the game without any permanent damage as long as you don't save? You can try all the things like move out the family, you can evict the sim and move her back to the same household. There are a lot of things you can do to verify that the sim is still part of the family.

Twallan's mod is by far the better choice. Totally recommend just for playing the game. But that may prove to be too technical for some people.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:18 AM
try moving to another lot, maybe it will fix it...

and if she does come back...I would advise to take her to a pregnancy exam...
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 4:56 PM
Default Samee

It has happened to me aswell i dont have any mods on TS3 yet aswell and my sim is not on the household box thingy aswell it looks like she is well and truly gone.
p.s. before she went missing i spent loads on her at the day spa x
Forum Resident
#11 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 5:06 PM
My teen was past curfew at the library and she was caught by the police. It's been 3 sim days and she still hasnt shown up.
AND THAT'S WHY YOU LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS, CHILDREN.
Scholar
#12 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Element Leaf
AND THAT'S WHY YOU LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS, CHILDREN.

If you don't, the police kill you

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
#13 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 12:12 AM
Okay This Happened To 3 Of My Teen Sims. All Three Girls Were Out Crashing A Party And The Police Came And Took Them. So I Played Around And Figured Out To Evict The Family In Edit Town And Put Them Back In The House. It Will Work! I Did And I Got The Three Girls Back
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 12:30 AM
Wow, it must be so tiring to type like that.

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
One Minute Ninja'd
#15 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 1:40 AM
Blaire is just happy they're back safe and sound (we think, we'll see if there are any "additions" to the family in 3 or so days).

I don't know what's going on in your towns, but maybe you're playing with an Argentine Junta version. Never had any secret police activity in my game. I'd hate for my rebel street artists to start turning up Missing. Then again, I never heard of the police busting you for crashing a party, either.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 3:27 PM
My teen was past curfew at the library and she was caught by the police. It's been 3 sim days and she still hasnt shown up.

Isn't that what happens in real life?

I mean, The Sims is suppose to model real life, right?
Instructor
#17 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 3:29 PM
Splitting the offending sims from the household in edit town and then merging them back in may also fix it, it worked for me when I accidentally deleted a pet (oops).
Instructor
#18 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by weirdwallee
Isn't that what happens in real life?

I mean, The Sims is suppose to model real life, right?

That would be a harsh punishment for breaking curfew. Worst trouble i ever got in for being out late when i was a teen was the police telling me to go home...
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 10:20 PM Last edited by MadDoctor : 27th Jul 2017 at 10:37 PM.
This has happened to me a few times. I've never gotten any of them back. I'm learning to save often. The last time it happened, I just quit without saving and the teen was still there when I started again.

I did get one of the teens back. I had a toddler ready to age up (walking, talking, toy educated etc) and need space in the nursery. The kid was tired and hungry, but I took him to the birthday cake anyway (he'll eat birthday cake and go to bed - no problem). Once the party got underway, a sim autonomously gave him a bottle, aborting the birthday. I had to buy a new cake and start over. This time a sim picked him up to put him to bed. I gave up after the third try and tried again the next day. The toddler was in better shape, but didn't age up. The day after that, I still could age him up with the birthday cake and that evening he tried to age up without the cake because it was his time. Every evening after that he tried to age up and fails. The younger kids in the nursery aged up fine, but this one was stuck as a toddler. I repeatedly tried to 'reset sim' but it didn't help. Stuck with a perpetual toddler I opted to 'force kill'. Ta da. The toddler is gone and the missing teen is back. The missing teen was the oldest member of the four member band. When I realized he was not coming back, I adopted a child and aged him up immediately to teen to replace him. Now I had two members with the same name and instrument. I killed off the returned teen (and felt lousy doing so).

p.s. My pregnant teen was picked up by the police while on route to the hospital. This was in Bridgeport (I think that's the name) and she lives across the bridge and up the hill. It was a long trip (house to hospital back to house and to the hospital again).

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 4:22 PM
IS there a police station?

I often remove the police stations to get this effect, tho I'd much rather there be a mod for the policeto take money from your sim at gunpoint or dohits on other sims for money as a service. Possibly detain a sim until you pay them a "toll" or summat.

However, this can befixed by umerging and remerging the simsis into the houshold.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#21 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 4:42 PM
Please don't resurrect threads that are 4 years old! I would actually recommend starting a new thread, so it will be easier for other members to help you out!