Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 1:34 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 10th Jan 2016 at 1:45 AM.
Default Repeated Problem: "The Sims 2 is not installed on this system..."
Hey everyone,

I've had the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my system for some time, but I've never really been able to get back in the game because of this regular problem.

When I click on the game to play (from the executable or from Origin), a pop-up appears with this text:

Quote:
"The Sims 2 is not installed on this system, or some required files have been deleted. This expansion pack requires The Sims 2 in order to run. Please install The Sims 2 before attempting to run this application."

As far as I know, nothing has been done to the Install location files, and I've reinstalled several times already. Can anyone help me with this? I want to eliminate this problem permanently so that I no longer lose my savegames.

Edit: It might be a registry problem, though I cleaned the registry before. Going to give it a try again and reinstall.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 2:13 AM
Before doing that, go into origin and try right clicking on the game to see if fix or repair is an option.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 3:28 AM
Ok, it looks like it's fixed for now- just crossing my fingers that my save game won't be nuked like last time!