Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 4:06 PM Last edited by lefterisxo : 26th Dec 2019 at 4:08 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default old thread
old thread
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 4:13 PM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 4:17 PM
You're not in the right forum, but this place is confusing at first, so don't worry about that.

If you had posted in the Help forum, when you started the thread you would have been directed to the Game Problem Help FAQ. This tells you how to systematically work through the procedures that will diagnose and solve 99% of problems. The first step is always, always, always Back Up Your Game.

You already know that your Downloads folder contains the problem, so you're halfway there. After you back up your game, you remove half your Downloads folder and test. If the problem doesn't occur, you know the problem isn't in that half. So you put the other half in. If the problem still doesn't occur, you know that you have a mod conflict, and that one half of the problem is in the first half and the other is in the other. If the problem does occur, you take out half the remaining downloads and test again. Keep doing this till you narrow it down to the guilty file.

It doesn't take anything like as long as you think it will. The smaller your downloads folder, the faster the game loads, so each testing phase will take less time than the time before.

Once you find the guilty file, you remove it, put the Downloads folder back, and if necessary (because it is possible to mess up a neighborhood during testing) put the back up back in, and pick up right where you left off.

Don't try to use common sense and don't rely on utilities to tell you what the most likely culprits are. This is a program, not the real world, and our common sense doesn't work here.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:29 AM Last edited by Simonut : 4th Jun 2018 at 3:12 AM.
@lefterisk001 have you try using HCDU ? when running it will let you know if any mods is conflicting or if so it will show where and the file name.
Here a link once there to the left click on Sims 2 and then enter Program .Look for Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility.
Its a good tool to keep and have in your game I keep my in it's own yellow folder outside of EA Games ( not within that folder ) found in Documents.

Link >> https://web.archive.org/web/2016041...simwardrobe.com

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 1:06 AM
It can help shorten the search, but it doesn't detect every mod combination that could possibly conflict. It only detects a specific kind of conflict, not all of which even cause problems.

So yes, it can be handy; but just because it doesn't turn up any conflicts, doesn't mean you don't have any. The 50/50 is the only way to be sure.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 3:12 AM
@Peni Griffin I agree with you totally, what I started doing a year ago is I have a special note book a calendar for the Sims, each time I add a mod or CC I make a note of it the day that I did it and what feature it add.
So if my game was running smooth way before I added the mod or CC I can go directly to it and pull it out and test again to see if the same think repeat it self.
Because going through all your downloads to test and find the problem can be a long process and pain, but sometime we have to do what we have to do.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".