Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 8:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No live mode on apartment-lot
I built an apartment house that I was really happy about, took me about two hours... Anyway, I accidentally started out on a community lot and later changed it to an apartment one, and now I can't play on that lot. I can move in people, but when I press them I get into build mode, and there is no live mode available.

I realise that I shouldn't have started out with a community lot, but is there any way to save the building? I was sooooo satisfied with it!

Thank you
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 8:33 PM
might change lot to residential and afterward to apartment. lot would need to be unoccupied both times.
to not loose objects, might place them into inventories; or I take there being a hack that lets objects stay.

if the rezoning does not work, may need to start over on a residential.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 8:44 PM
Move out all sims.
Changelotzoning Residential. You may have to use move_objects to remove the community phone before it does this properly.
Save
Exit.
Put house in bin.
Restore house to neighborhood.
Open.
Changelotzoning Apartmentbase.
Test.

Next time, remember a)make it residential to start with and b) put a copy in the lot bin before you change the zoning. It makes editing much easier.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 11:25 PM
You also need a buyable mailbox. Either the dream a lot one (it will remove the recolour option on mailboxes if that is important to you) http://daydream.etowns.net/S2hacked.htm or Sophie-David's version which is better http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=413573 Do not use any others you come across such as TSR ones.

Invisible sims is what happens when there is no mailbox.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~