Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 8:11 PM
All the hair I had converted worked flawlessly until I installed Pirates and Nobles, now everyone is bald. :gonk: Anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hotroxy777
Hi this is my very first tutorial on MTS forum so I'll try to explain this as best as I can. Sorry for my poor English. So in this tutorial I've converted hairstyle from Anubis360 which I've found here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=381016

First you will need the S3 CC to Medieval CASPart Wrapper by velocitygrass which you can find it in this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...704#post3494704
and the latest version of s3pe by Peter L. Jones which you can download it from here http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=189.0
(for this tutorial I've used 32 bit version)

1. So at the first step you need to open S3PE tool and then select FILE-->OPEN
and select the package that you want to convert. I've already choosed the hair from Anubis360

2. after that you need to find CASP file select it and hit the GRID button

3. when that window pops up expand the Age Gender list to enable or disable the age and gender groups that you want to add or remove it really depends on you
when you're finish just hit the COMMIT button below and go to the Medieval Proffesion list and do the same thing

4. when you finish close the window and go to Resource and select it then select Details
and change the Type and Instance by clicking the FNV64 and FNV32 buttons and save your package file

Now you're ready to go just put the package into your Mods/Packages folder and your hairstyle shuld looks like this in your game

Special thanks to :
Anubis360
velocitygrass
Peter L. Jones

Dos this work with beards to?
Mad Poster
#103 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by General_Durandal
Does this work with beards too?

In theory it should work fine. There's no guarantee that a Sims3 beard will fit on a TSM face in a correct fashion though, such that it looks OK.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
In theory it should work fine. There's no guarantee that a Sims3 beard will fit on a TSM face in a correct fashion though, such that it looks OK.

Thank you.

I'll test it at some point.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 10:34 AM
Dam I just tested it with beards and it didn't work.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 6:39 PM
So after all this, did anyone get permission to upload any hair packages?

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyskye
So after all this, did anyone get permission to upload any hair packages?

I'd ask for permission if not for the fact that the majority of the hair I converted had issues, like they didn't scale to TSM heads, or because of the 'perpetual red eye' issue, or had 'bald spot' problems
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 6:15 PM
I was fiddling around with the tutorial trying to figure out why some hair conversions were not showing up in the CAS, when I figured out that it was because they needed to be (re)assigned an object key in S3PE.

I asked Raonjena for permission to upload my conversion of the hairs I've attached with this reply, and she graciously granted it. There are 6 hairs (3 males and 3 females, all free hairs from her site) and you can preview them in the screenshots below:

Here is the thing: these hairs look fine on light skin sims with light hairs, but the 'seam issue' becomes apparent with dark hairs, since these hairs are not scaled to TSM heads.

I've never worked with Milkshape, only nifskope, but I'll see if I can do something about this. For now these hairs are 'usable.' Now that we have modders like GrimReefer coding TSM mod tools, it shouldn't be long before we can do much more with modding in this game (hopefully ).

I've not tracked down the cause of the other recurrent issue I've seen with some hair conversions, which is the 'pink eye' problem (that I've found mostly with Peggy's TS3 hairs)--these hairs shouldn't have that issue.

Credits:
Thanks to Raonjenna for creating the original TS3 hairs.
Thanks to Peter Jones for creating The Sims 3 Package Editor.
Thanks to hotroxy777 for the hair conversion tutorial.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  converted-raonjena3_conversion-mhair22.rar (510.5 KB, 279 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  converted-raonjena3_fhair005.rar (1.35 MB, 380 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  converted-raonjena3_fhair009.rar (1.47 MB, 306 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  converted-raonjena3_fhair011.rar (1.13 MB, 309 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  converted-raonjena3_mhair002.rar (764.3 KB, 262 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  converted-raonjena3_mhair005.rar (1.10 MB, 305 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#109 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 6:21 PM
Quote:
I was fiddling around with the tutorial trying to figure out why some hair conversions were not showing up in the CAS, when I figured out that it was because they needed to be (re)assigned an object key in S3PE.

Really?! How/where do I find that in S3PE?
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 8:29 PM
Do this if a hair you converted does not show up in the CAS:

At step 4 of hotroxy's tutorial, when you change the Type and Instance, make sure 'compress' and 'use resource name' are checked, then enter something in the 'name' box (I usually just copy and paste the file name, minus the file extension), then continue with hotroxy's instructions and save. I've converted a number of Peggy's hairs (as I am sure many here has), and they actually look pretty good in game even though they don't scale to the TSM heads, no bald spots or any other issues I can discern. I am going to check out RoseSims next.
Test Subject
#111 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 12:08 AM
Thank you so very, very much! :D
Test Subject
#112 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 4:19 AM Last edited by ak45umezo : 12th Oct 2011 at 9:32 AM.
Thank u very much, ripple
Those are really great for me!

and may I ask u a another favor?
Can you make a Mod that make existing Female hairstyle to be used for Male plz?

Long hairstyle are few for Male, and there are no hairstyle with accessories for Male...

and sorry for my poor English.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#113 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 8:31 AM
I'm having an issue with the grid. I can click it and such but there seems to be no "Medieval Profession" catagory. Have I missed a step? If so could anyone clu me up as to what step was missed?
Test Subject
#114 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 3:06 PM
Default Some hair doesnt show up
Hi, i tried over 15 hair and only 3 hair showed up. Am i wrong somewhere?
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:01 PM
Ripple, thank you so much for the lovely hair!

Lab Assistant
#116 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:56 PM
Ripple, thank you so much for the lovely hair!

No problem, real thanks goes to Raonjenna.

Quote: Originally posted by ak45umezo
Thank u very much, ripple
and may I ask u a another favor?
Can you make a Mod that make existing Female hairstyle to be used for Male plz?

I converted one of those hairs using Grim's TSM Cloner.

As you can see, it is not scaled to male heads and need to be edited. Unfortunately, I don't have Milkshape, and I've not been able to get Blender 2.49b's GEOM export/import scripts working with TSM GEOM files.
Test Subject
#117 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:29 PM
Thank you very much, ripple!

Your explanation and pictures helps me to understand for me

But If I make Sim gold or white haired, that is not big problem for me I think.
If you don't mind, could you upload their mod(2 hair styles) please?
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ak45umezo
Thank you very much, ripple!

Your explanation and pictures helps me to understand for me

But If I make Sim gold or white haired, that is not big problem for me I think.
If you don't mind, could you upload their mod(2 hair styles) please?

Well....I guess if your character is an albino, the bald spot might be the last thing you'd noticed

But anyways, here it is. I couldn't convert the other hair you wanted, sadly. I think it's aflonghairbraid? I couldn't extract it with the TSM Cloner. But have fun with this one!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  afHairAristocratLongBraidForMales.rar (2.03 MB, 213 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#119 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:38 AM
I really appreciate you, ripple!

Finally King of Elves will be born at many Kindoms
Instructor
#120 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 5:08 PM
ripple:

Updated the Cloner today with a fix for that hair style. If you find any others that don't work please tell me about it.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 12:57 AM Last edited by ripple : 24th Oct 2011 at 11:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
ripple:

Updated the Cloner today with a fix for that hair style. If you find any others that don't work please tell me about it.

An update! Thanks for that Grim.

@ak45umezo

I can't find the other hair shown in your first screenshot. I can't find it through the TSM Cloner and it doesn't even show up in the CAS....does anyone know where it's from? This is strange because I am pretty sure I've seen it in my game before....
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ripple
An update! Thanks for that Grim.

@ak45umezo

I can't find the other hair shown in your first screenshot. I can't find it through the TSM Cloner and it doesn't even show up in the CAS....does anyone know where it's from? This is strange because I am pretty sure I've seen it in my game before....

It's a pirates and nobles style.

Lab Assistant
#123 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 12:48 AM
It's a pirates and nobles style.

Ah....I guess that's why it doesn't show up in the TSM cloner. But I have PnN, so I should see it in the game CAS, no? This is freaky, I knew I shouldn't have played around with that outdated achievements unlocker....:/
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:42 AM
I would like to know how to take TSM armor and turn them into TS3 outfits pleas.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 3:23 PM
So now that Grim's TSM Cloner has PnN support, I decided to check out the other hair ak45umezo requested:

I think the bald spots here are more....apparent. But here it is for anyone who wanted it for males, or if anyone has Milkshape and feel inclined to adjust these hair meshes for male heads.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  afhairelfcrownformales.rar (2.05 MB, 158 downloads) - View custom content
Page 5 of 8