Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#76 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
Adios.

We'll ''miss'' you! Chao!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I really don't think there is much hope for it to turn out as anything more than mediocre in the end. I mean, the base-game is already so lacking in brand new features that set it so far apart from its predecessors, and I seriously doubt that anything of the sort will come through EPs... So The Sims 4 has its bar set pretty low. Granted, it could turn out to be a decent (but nothing new) experience combined with all of the EPs in the end. However, that is beyond my concern anymore, because I got totally burnt out after spending so much money on EPs a third time, some features that have been in EPs three times, and others features that should be base-game by now. The Sims 4 looks to do absolutely nothing to remedy this problem. It's just more of the same, so I'll take my money elsewhere.

I might have tried the game ten years ago, when I was all young and easily satisfied and, you know, hadn't been through three entire The Sims games.This kind of franchise simply can't hold onto a lot of its fans too long the way EA is handling it.

Same here.

The Sims 4 would be great if it was second in the series. But it's not. We've been through fourteen years and three games. The bar is set higher now.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Test Subject
#78 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 7:49 PM
Well,unless hope drives down a slope in it's car,carrying a toddler and lands in a pool, I say there is no hope for this game at the current moment.
I just hope they understand that it's this particular game that doesn't have what it takes,not the entire franchise.
Forum Resident
#79 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Edero
We'll ''miss'' you! Chao!

*Ciao :3
Forum Resident
#80 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xiove
You start out by telling people not to be negative about a game pre-release until they've tried it, yet you see nothing wrong with yourself being positive about it before you tried it. Go buy a telescope or bookcase, because you need to work on your logic skill.

Perhaps I didn't word it correctly. What I was trying to say is that you keep talking about how horrible it is and how much it sucks before you've even played it yet. I'm just saying, don't bash it until you try it. There are still plenty of things to look forward to seeing.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:36 PM
Perhaps I didn't word it correctly. What I was trying to say is that you keep talking about how horrible it is and how much it sucks before you've even played it yet. I'm just saying, don't bash it until you try it. There are still plenty of things to look forward to seeing.

Wow, that sounds like right out of an EA commercial for the sims 4: "We know we suck big time but just buy the game and see for yourself how much we suck indeed!"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:47 PM
Well, since I'm probably the only one here who agrees with what the poster is saying and it's awkward enough, I'll just say this:

Don't make assumptions on how bad the game is before it's even out yet. I for one AM looking forward to it, and I will buy it. If it sucks, fine. The deed is done. But I don't think it's fair to lose hope completely because of some toddlers and pools. Yes, I will miss drowning my sims in the pool. I can't really say much about toddlers since I never make them due to how annoying their dependence on you to command the sims to help them is, but anyway, you guys are only viewing the negatives. Weren't there negatives that came along with the positives in ALL of the games? In TS3, yes, we had the open world. But 95% of the locations in this "open world" were rabbit holes! What's the point in having an open world if all the locations in the open world are closed (for your eyes)? Not to mention the bugs and stuff. Instead of just whining about the fact that you're not getting your toddlers and pools, why not look at what we're gaining that we didn't have before? The sims are smart.They have emotions. You can multitask now. The Build mode and CAS are more user-friendly. We're losing things, yes, but I personally think what we're gaining is more impressive than pools and toddler sims you could barely do anything with to begin with.

Anyway, while you guys are off complaining about EA depriving you of pools and toddlers, I'll be having fun exploring the new features of TS4.

Adios.

Couldn't agree with you more.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Garnier
Couldn't agree with you more.

Oh of course you do dear I wasn't expecting anything else from you....
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:51 PM

You don't always have to try something to make your mind up about it, that's a very simplified view. This is not a free game, nor a cheap one, so it doesn't make sense to fork over money just to poke around. It's also a matter of experience. This is the 4th installment in a series, after all.

Then there's also the issue of how EAxis does business, which is an important factor for some of us. This isn't just about the current game; it's also about what we'll end up with and how we will be treated if TS4 isn't the last in the series.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xiove
You don't always have to try something to make your mind up about it, that's a very simplified view. This is not a free game, nor a cheap one, so it doesn't make sense to fork over money just to poke around. It's also a matter of experience. This is the 4th installment in a series, after all.

Then there's also the issue of how EAxis does business, which is an important factor for some of us. This isn't just about the current game; it's also about what we'll end up with and how we will be treated if TS4 isn't the last in the series.

Has there ever been a free demo for a sims game? I honestly don't know but considering EAs code of conduct, it is unlikely.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wunderkind
Has there ever been a free demo for a sims game? I honestly don't know but considering EAs code of conduct, it is unlikely.

Not for a BG I don't think? There was a TS3 Pets demo though *kill it, kill it with fire!*
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wunderkind

There was bodyshop for Thesims2, wich is actually better than a simple Demo.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 12:47 AM
Now that I've calmed down, I do think we are all getting a head of ourselves. I believe it will suck, but I don't know that. So for anyone to claim they KNOW that it's going to be good, or know it'll blow goats.....I don't think any of us know enough to fight over it. End of story. Is there hope? Sure. Why not? Maybe it's a revolution in how we play the Sims, but maybe it's exactly what it appears to be, which is bad. Long story short, everyone relax. There is nothing we can do about it now. It's too late. It will either be surprisingly good, or obviously bad.

Also remember that a franchises stumble generally leads to a greater competitor stepping in. If Sims 4 blows, I'd assume someone is ready to jump in and replace it. My guess would be Deep Silver. They have tried before with Singles. Now they have money.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 7:32 AM
In all these years there have been no competitors stepping in, so I sincerely doubt it'll suddenly happen now.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:02 AM
Well, since I'm probably the only one here who agrees with what the poster is saying and it's awkward enough, I'll just say this:

Don't make assumptions on how bad the game is before it's even out yet. I for one AM looking forward to it, and I will buy it. If it sucks, fine. The deed is done. But I don't think it's fair to lose hope completely because of some toddlers and pools. Yes, I will miss drowning my sims in the pool. I can't really say much about toddlers since I never make them due to how annoying their dependence on you to command the sims to help them is, but anyway, you guys are only viewing the negatives. Weren't there negatives that came along with the positives in ALL of the games? In TS3, yes, we had the open world. But 95% of the locations in this "open world" were rabbit holes! What's the point in having an open world if all the locations in the open world are closed (for your eyes)? Not to mention the bugs and stuff. Instead of just whining about the fact that you're not getting your toddlers and pools, why not look at what we're gaining that we didn't have before? The sims are smart.They have emotions. You can multitask now. The Build mode and CAS are more user-friendly. We're losing things, yes, but I personally think what we're gaining is more impressive than pools and toddler sims you could barely do anything with to begin with.

Anyway, while you guys are off complaining about EA depriving you of pools and toddlers, I'll be having fun exploring the new features of TS4.

Adios.

You...uhh....I think you're missing the point of why a lot of us are upset by this game and why we can already tell it's probably not gonna be that big of a stepup from TS3
Page 4 of 4