Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 5:03 PM
Default A heads-up
A list of 1270 Origin account names and passwords are currently circulating the interwebs, and desperate people are going through them in the beliefs of finding a TS4 CAS Demo. I obviously won't post any links here, but I suggest you all change your Origin passwords to protect your accounts.

Just thought I'd let you know and warn y'all.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 5:13 PM
Yikes. Thanks for the heads up, mate.

Ahaha but I recently binge-watched a bunch of deadly virus/apocalypse movies, and this whole situations kinda reminds me of them. If you replace 'CAS demo' with 'food and water' that is.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:37 PM
Thanks a bunch, brunetttt, have spread word to the German Community as well.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 7:36 PM
I find it so disheartening that the Sims community has gone berserk over a largely underwhelming CAS demo that, at some point, will be released to the public anyway. Thank you for the warning.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 11:49 PM
Tis very nice of you to warn us! But what a bunch of jerks. What kind of animals go looking through other people's accounts just for a demo! Tis not right! EA should fix this - but i know they won't.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 12:42 AM
Yeah it's really sad that this is happening. I mean, cheez it's a demo, guys, a demo which we will all get to play in a month's time. Show some patience, people!

Instructor
#7 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 12:43 AM
What's sad is that E.A. is showing favoritism to its customers. Divide and conquer, people.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
What's sad is that E.A. is showing favoritism to its customers. Divide and conquer, people.

Well I have read somewhere that it is a stress test for the Gallery Servers. Still kind of shit from EA's side but also understandable after what happened with Sim City. It seems they want to open it up in stages.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:47 AM

EA says it's giving the demo away to some of its "fans", people who will likely gush over HOW WONDERFUL THE SIMS 4 IS. They obviously don't won't us spreading any more disappointed news.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:48 AM
Thanks. Just changed my password last night.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:56 AM

Do you people ever get tired of spouting half-baked conspiracy theories? This is the stupidest one to date. Favoritism - what the actual fuck? After you spent the last three weeks swearing up and down EA "doesn't care" about its customers, now it's suddenly developed an emotional attachment to them - but only some? Jesus. Use half a functioning brain cell for fifteen seconds and think it through. It doesn't make sense.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
Well I have read somewhere that it is a stress test for the Gallery Servers. Still kind of shit from EA's side but also understandable after what happened with Sim City. It seems they want to open it up in stages.

The problem is that they never did a signup like in Simcity. Random gamers just got it regardless of whether or not they wanted it (aka luck of the gods). Secondly, important simmers also got it, which makes things worse as people extend this logic throughout the rest of the community(why did they chose them, they must be special in some way I am not). As such, these forces tend to evoke jealously amongst some people.

I don't know if this was intentional or not, but it certainly feels cynical.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 2:31 PM
Thanks for this. I heard about it from the sims 3 forum and changed my password then. I was surprised that so many accounts were supposed to have been hacked! If EA would have just not said anything about the demo until it was ready for everyone it wouldn't have happened. But as it is very random, some people are getting really desperate.
Inventor
#14 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 2:33 PM
I read the title as "A head-butt" and I'm for some reason smiling, but this is serious stuff so I will stay out of it.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 3:19 PM
If you go to profile in Origin and click on the security tab; you can set it so that the security question has to be answered and you are notified by email or text if someone tries to log in from a different computer than yours. I just hope it doesn't become a pain for those without a static IP address.
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wmissie048
If you go to profile in Origin and click on the security tab; you can set it so that the security question has to be answered and you are notified by email or text if someone tries to log in from a different computer than yours. I just hope it doesn't become a pain for those without a static IP address.

Awesome thanks for the tip!
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 4:25 PM
I've set my Origin so that I have to enter some digits as well as my password when logging in, much like how an authenticator works. I can at any time request a new code, which will end up in my e-mail.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 4:27 PM
It's lucky I don't have a demo then :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Euan
It's lucky I don't have a demo then :D

Most of the logins circulating on the web apparently does not have the demo, so not having it does not guarantee your account's safety.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brunetttt
Most of the logins circulating on the web apparently does not have the demo, so not having it does not guarantee your account's safety.

Eek I'll change my password ASAP then.
Instructor
#21 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 5:00 PM
Seriously, my friend got at least 30+ messages on tumblr asking her to share her damn demo, and several of them were death threats. I'm hiding in my room until this witch hunt bullshit is over.
Scholar
#22 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
The problem is that they never did a signup like in Simcity. Random gamers just got it regardless of whether or not they wanted it (aka luck of the gods). Secondly, important simmers also got it, which makes things worse as people extend this logic throughout the rest of the community(why did they chose them, they must be special in some way I am not). As such, these forces tend to evoke jealously amongst some people.

I don't know if this was intentional or not, but it certainly feels cynical.

I'm definitely not important, and I got it. I think they just picked random people who were on the mailing list. I do spend quite a bit of money in the store...so that might have helped too.

Definitely need to update my password. Frickin' crazy people.
Inventor
#23 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 5:25 PM
I must say that I first had to laugh when I read in that e-mail that I was "chosen" to test that CAS demo. I didn't believe they'd seriously would send it just to some chosen people. Later I began to think that it might was sent to those who pre-ordered the game via the Origin Shop (which I did).

Don't worry, guys, you don't miss anything. Create a few sims in The Sims 3 and/or in The Sims 2 and you'll have as much fun creating sims in The Sims 4 - except that with TS2 and TS3 you save yourself from getting upset because you can't chose your own colour/pattern and because you can't save those dresses for later.

Let's say it with Shakespeare: "Much Ado About Nothing".
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 5:56 PM
People are going crazy about a demo... gosh, it's just a demo, and they are already hacking origin accounts? That's ridiculous. I don't understand why it's such a big deal for some people. I mean, the demo isn't THAT great (at least that's what I have read), there are not too many things to choose from and there are still some bugs that need to be fixed. And the demo will be available for everyone soon. So be patient guys...
Nevertheless EA really went for a weird strategy with the demos. I don't understand why they didn't just send out all the codes in one big batch? They were (or still are) sending out new codes everyday or so, and people keep checking their origin account and get really frustrated. But still there is no need for people to act like total idiots just because of a demo.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brunetttt

I'm finding that pretty hilarious. Going through all that trouble and then most of them don't even have what you want.
Page 1 of 2