Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 7:16 PM Last edited by Fauntleroy : 11th Jul 2014 at 8:34 PM.
Default Calm down guys. Let's have civil conversation.
So I'm seeing opinions and occasionally rather disturbing comments being thrown around about TS4 and I know there's already plenty of threads about this but I needed to say this where you guys will see it. I think I already phrased it pretty well in a post I made in another thread filled with violent insults towards TS4.

To quote myself:

I know I'll get burned at the stake for saying this, but Jesus Christ some of you guys need to calm the fuck down. Those of you saying you would "rather wipe your ass with a cactus than play TS4" or that "that filth will not touch my computer" or that "EA is the scum of the earth and they deserve to be anally raped by vicious ginormous scorpions" need to take it down a notch. I understand that at this point blind optimism isn't really appropriate anymore, and I love the series just as much as the next guy and want so badly for this to be a good game, but Jesus Christ people we're talking about the next game in the Sims series not bloody Hitler.

All I'm saying is as much as I love this community, I'm picking up on a lot of negative, closed minded pessimistic butthurt attitudes coming from people who say all this stuff because it's what the kewl kidz do now.

I know I can't silence anyone's opinion but don't you feel like this is going a bit too far? Why is everyone so angry about everything? Just calm down and have at least enough faith not to proclaim this game to be death personified before it's even come out. Perhaps we might even have civil conversation about our genuine concerns and how our opinions have evolved here without feeling the need to tell EA to deep throat satan.

EDIT
Oh and just to make myself clear, the point of this thread is not to tell people to start loving TS4 and change their opinions. Just be less goddamn violent and overwhelmingly asshattish about them.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 7:42 PM
That's what I'm thinking too. I mean it's totally understandable that people are disappointed and that they don't want to buy the game, but that's not a reason to bash everyone with a different opinion. I think there are still people who want to know how it all turns out... but everyone who tries to say something not completely negative about the Sims 4 is often turned down with tons of disagrees.
I mean, nobody knows how the game will finally look like.
Inventor
#3 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 7:44 PM
Pot, kettle, black.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 7:47 PM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That really needed to be said.

I've always enjoyed this place because it was full of nice people and some interesting ideas. The last few weeks, it's been like MATY 2.0 around here. Every single comment or question seems to be answered with condescending snark and attitude and it's becoming really tiresome. I was very happy to see this post by HP this morning. Hopefully, things will return to a more pleasant state soon.
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 7:49 PM
i never saw anyone wishing anal rape by scorpions to ea O.o
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 7:57 PM
I have to say, even with all the hate here, this place is still better than that Thesims4 section of Thesims3 forum.
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fauntleroy
Perhaps we might even have civil conversation about our genuine concerns and how our opinions have evolved here without feeling the need to tell EA to deep throat satan.
Ow.. my sides are actually hurting right now. I'm not sure why, but that line made me laugh so much.

ED: Ahaha and the scorpion rape! I'mma have to write these down. For being against these kind of insults you sure do come up with some good ones. Not trying to be snarky btw. I kinda agree with you. But oh man

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:07 PM
Do we have to have these threads here as well as in the EA forums?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Do we have to have these threads here as well as in the EA forums?

For all intents and purposes they're separate forums with different communities. And btw I haven't used the EA forums in a long while so I'm afraid if hell is breaking loose there too then they're beyond saving at this point.

As for my hypocrisy, well, sometimes you just have to give 'em a taste of their own medicine to get through to them.
Theorist
#10 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:14 PM
So I'm seeing opinions and occasionally rather disturbing comments being thrown around about TS4 and I know there's already plenty of threads about this but I needed to say this where you guys will see it. I think I already phrased it pretty well in a post I made in another thread filled with violent insults towards TS4.

To quote myself:

I know I'll get burned at the stake for saying this, but Jesus Christ some of you guys need to calm the fuck down. Those of you saying you would "rather wipe your ass with a cactus than play TS4" or that "that filth will not touch my computer" or that "EA is the scum of the earth and they deserve to be anally raped by vicious ginormous scorpions" need to take it down a notch. I understand that at this point blind optimism isn't really appropriate anymore, and I love the series just as much as the next guy and want so badly for this to be a good game, but Jesus Christ people we're talking about the next game in the Sims series not bloody Hitler.

All I'm saying is as much as I love this community, I'm picking up on a lot of negative, closed minded pessimistic butthurt attitudes coming from people who say all this stuff because it's what the kewl kidz do now.

I know I can't silence anyone's opinion but don't you feel like this is going a bit too far? Why is everyone so angry about everything? Just calm down and have at least enough faith not to proclaim this game to be death personified before it's even come out. Perhaps we might even have civil conversation about our genuine concerns and how our opinions have evolved here without feeling the need to tell EA to deep throat satan.

Hmmmm.....
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by V12creator
I have to say, even with all the hate here, this place is still better than that Thesims4 section of Thesims3 forum.

Really? I'm sorry but the Sims 4 section of MtS is filled with hate... at least on The Sims 3 forum you actually get people on both sides.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:18 PM
For all intents and purposes they're separate forums with different communities. And btw I haven't used the EA forums in a long while so I'm afraid if hell is breaking loose there too then they're beyond saving at this point.

As for my hypocrisy, well, sometimes you just have to give 'em a taste of their own medicine to get through to them.

If you are talking about Thesims3 Forum, then yes, Hell is breaking trough and there is not even a piece of sense in that forum, blind hate and blind positivism dont leave space for any rational thinking,the people in that forum was aways needless hostile againts every little thing and bullsh*t, but now it is out of control, my feeling when i enter that forum is that they have radical changes of opnion for aparent no good reason like a bunch of mad little kids.

If i am ok with people beign negative then i visit this modthesims forum, if i want to see positive people then i go to a fan forum that i known, but i dont think i will ever return to that pointless hellhole, at least not to use it as often as i did in past months.I also visit Thesims4 forum of Ea.com, sometimes they are negative, sometimes they are positive, but the forum is overall calm and neutral.

Quote: Originally posted by Euan
Really? I'm sorry but the Sims 4 section of MtS is filled with hate... at least on The Sims 3 forum you actually get people on both sides.

It is not only about hate over Thesims4.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:23 PM
I'm not tired of the snark (because I've always found it hilarious) but what does get tiresome is seeing different threads that talk about the same damn thing. Every other thread in the official forum is either "this game is gonna suck" or "C'mon guys, give the game a chance". And it's starting to spread over here now too. We have a thread that serves as an overall discussion of the game for a reason. Do your preaching or hating there and stop clogging the whole board with more of the same shit >____<
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:30 PM
I agree with what you said, but I think we should always try to make the big guys (a.k.a. EAxis/Sims Team) understand that WE'RE NOT happy with their game. Even if it what takes to do that is crying and bitchin' all around.

"EA is the scum of the earth and they deserve to be anally raped by vicious ginormous scorpions"

This is true

Crocs with socks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I'm not tired of the snark (because I've always found it hilarious) but what does get tiresome is seeing different threads that talk about the same damn thing. Every other thread in the official forum is either "this game is gonna suck" or "C'mon guys, give the game a chance". And it's starting to spread over here now too. We have a thread that serves as an overall discussion of the game for a reason. Do your preaching or hating there and stop clogging the whole board with more of the same shit >____<

You realize I'm not actually trying to preach that the game is great or that
It's terrible, just that people should stop being so closed minded and irritatingly violent about their opinions here. What I'm trying to say is that people should calm down and be more civil with whatever opinion they may have.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:32 PM
I'd rather these posts telling people what to do stopped. Also, rape jokes, not cool
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:44 PM
You realize I'm not actually trying to preach that the game is great or that
It's terrible, just that people should stop being so closed minded and irritatingly violent about their opinions here. What I'm trying to say is that people should calm down and be more civil with whatever opinion they may have.

What I said was more directed at both sides of this argument and not just you but okay. You're right, some people are getting a little out of hand with their negative opinions on the game and yes it's really sad to see people jump down somebody's throat just because they actually like the game. Everyone's entitled their opinions. That being said, it's equally disappointing for people who aren't big fans of what we've been shown so far, myself included, to be constantly dismissed as being "haters" or "negative" or "ruining the experience for everyone else" (that last one really gets me. How the hell is my opinion stopping you from enjoying he game?). Essentially, people who don't like what they see get lumped in with the morons who started that "PUNCHGRAHAMINTHEFACE" twitter account :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
What I said was more directed at both sides of this argument and not just you but okay. You're right, some people are getting a little out of hand with their negative opinions on the game and yes it's really sad to see people jump down somebody's throat just because they actually like the game. Everyone's entitled their opinions. That being said, it's equally disappointing for people who aren't big fans of what we've been shown so far, myself included, to be constantly dismissed as being "haters" or "negative" or "ruining the experience for everyone else" (that last one really gets me. How the hell is my opinion stopping you from enjoying he game?). Essentially, people who don't like what they see get lumped in with the morons who started that "PUNCHGRAHAMINTHEFACE" twitter account :/

I would agree and what I'm saying is everyone should be as calm and civil about their thoughts as you seem to be. Here, I'm specifically talking about the "PUNCHGRAHAMINTHEFACE" people.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:50 PM
I'm as of the opinion that the game looks like it's not going to be all that great as a lot of people here, but I have to say, it's really obnoxious when someone is trying to have a conversation about this that or the other in TS4 and someone intentionally tries to break down the conversation by posting something that pretty much amounts to "lol what you're saying doesn't matter because the game sucks". It doesn't contribute at all to the discussion and shuts it down instead.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:59 PM
Thank you for your effort Fauntleroy. I hope it affects something. Since a while now this place is, as you say, a cool kid's club where a handful of people spout the same opinion over and over, pat each others back and don't even accept that others might think differently than them. This is sad. Other Forums are much more civil and accepting of other opinions.

We all heard that a lot of people are disappointing about SIms 4, we all accept it, but please everyone, let us who are excited (despite it's faults) to play Sims 4 also have our discussions. In no other forum would a CaS demo thread just be filled with nonsense like Fantleroy lists up. I don't ask for everybody to agree with us, just let us have our little corner too, alright? We have heard you don't like SIms 4, we have accepted and we do not care all that much. You guys are not witty anymore, your not original, it's jut tiring.
And a bit silly, considering this is just a game and not something important like an Election for instance. Do you really all have so much time and energy to invest so much into bitching about a game? Wooow. Ookay...

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 9:08 PM
Honestly, I think people have the right to be mad as they want to be. I don't like it when people tell others to calm down. I see that as too close to telling someone they can't be mad when having feelings is perfectly valid, and I see it as counterproductive. Most people that are mad will feel more mad if you say that, honestly, when many angry people are just looking to have their feelings acknowledged.

But does that mean people have license to be rude? Definitely not! While I think people are allowed to feel how they feel, you still aren't allowed to act however you want. So yes, go ahead and be mad! But no more rude posts taking it out on other people inappropriately, k?
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 9:15 PM
Perhaps moderating a forum is best left to the moderators? Otherwise telling people what to do tends to motivate the exact behavior you're trying to discourage.
Scholar
#23 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
Do you really all have so much time and energy to invest so much into bitching about a game? Wooow. Ookay...
You realize that you just yelled at people for making personal attacks and then turned around and did precisely the same?
Can we please not do the whole "if you care about vidja games you have NO LIFE" thing? Because there's no objective list of 'stuff worth getting investing in' (aside from the obvious stuff like human rights ofc) and depending on your perspectives you can apply that to almost anything. Also it's kind of insulting.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Mad Poster
#24 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 9:23 PM
This thread looks like flame bait material.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#25 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 9:37 PM
Please see the opening post of the main TS4 chat thread. The "rules of conduct" are outlined there. If you feel a post is not following those rules please hit the report button.

LINK: http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...114&postcount=1

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: not required