Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 4:13 AM
Default Do you ever make yourself in Sims 3?
Do you ever make yourself as a Sim and then live your life like how you've always wanted it to be in real life? Or am I just weird???

I've done it multiple times. Same basic plot every time. Make myself, stay happily single, lots of dogs, successful author.. have a kid or two..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:18 AM
Nope. That's just not the kind of thing I play the game.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:53 AM
Yes and no. I do have a self-sim, his picture is my avi. In the interests of total disclosure, that's the YA version and I passed that life stage long ago. But he only gets played together with my NRaas colleagues' sims in mod testing grounds settings, not in "real" games. I can't give him or anyone else I know a real life, that would be far outside of my comfort level with the game. He usually does have a dog in the testing lab setting, though.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:04 AM
yup... twice...one my YA self, the other child me with a more functional family than I have irl...I sort of let her out into the wild to do whatever... but I don't like actively playing myself...
#5 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:58 AM
I make myself but I don't play myself. I just have me in town.
Theorist
#6 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 9:34 AM
Of course!! I give him the best houses, the best looking girlfriends, the best clothes. I rarely play as another sim. And he doesn’t even work...
He leads a cherished life, for certain.
And in my medieval save, I play as his ancestor.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 1:03 PM
I do have a self-Sim, and I keep him around in some of my main worlds, but I very very rarely play as him. He shares an apartment with someone he's not quite dating, but they're not quite regular friends either.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#8 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 1:34 PM
Never. I don't even think I did when I was a preteen playing TS2.
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 4:50 PM
I'm more likely to make a Sim who resembles the younger (young adult) me in looks and personality and traits. I've done this before a few times--she's usually a writer or wants to be an author, has black hair and brown eyes, is curvy and short, and is usually artistic, a bookworm, tech savvy, overly emotional and dramatic (those last too, yeah...that's me). Sometimes I vary and make her a natural cook or animal lover which are also traits I have.

Here's one:

I've been told by my husband NOT to make him as a Sim so I only made our family one time...myself, my husband, and my son. I didn't play them steadily (it was kind of weird how much they reminded me of us!). Story progression did some odd things to us, let's just say...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Site Helper
#10 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 5:59 PM
Nope. I don't make "human" sims at all. (And I find a self sim to be a creepy idea.)
My husband did make a sim of us, though.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yes and no. I do have a self-sim, his picture is my avi.

:lovestruc Can we download him anywhere?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
:lovestruc Can we download him anywhere?

I don't know why these things are sometimes so difficult to find when they are required. Don't think they were ever on the wiki itself due to file capacity constraints.

@Barbarat - Do you happen to know where our NRaas team self-sims are currently hosted? I know they've moved around a few times.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:19 PM
I have never made me and never will. My Sims have far more interesting lives than I have, and sure live in nicer places.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#14 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:22 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 26th Jul 2018 at 7:36 PM. Reason: Just add a giggle!
I did a few times, but mainly as an adult...because I'm not one and I'd like to see what adulthood is like!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:44 PM
Yes and no. Most of my sims are an extension of me, but different enough. Makes sense if their stories are shaped on where I push them. I'd probably place her in town and see what she gets up to if I ever seriously made one. :p

omnis mundi creatura
Instructor
#16 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:59 PM
I tried making a simself once but I could never get the resemblance quite right. That never made it out of CAS, though - playing with myself (lol ) would be too weird and creeps me out.

Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
I did a few times, but mainly as an adult...because I'm not one and I'd like to see what adulthood is like!

It's a trap, trust me you don't want it
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#17 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
It's a trap, trust me you don't want it

Oh really? tuts

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
The other one
#18 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:58 PM
I made myself and my boyfriend yonks ago. They got married and had two hideously ugly sons D: 12 yrs later irl we’re married with two sons who I’m happy to say are cute as buttons

Now that I know my sims are semi prophetic though I might have to make them again and give them dream lives

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 9:55 PM
What's the point of the game if you can't make your self sim a fantastic monetary, academic and social wunderkind?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 10:44 PM
Most of the Sims I regularly play with have some element of myself, to some degree, and Amber is probably the best example of that. We have largely the same personality, our political views and fashion taste align to some degree, and she even bears a minor resemblance to me.

My SelfSim has always been in his mid-20s, but I've outmatured him in some ways. I haven't quite out-sexied him, but he certainly needs updating. I've changed myself up a bit since 2016:
[picture of current SimSelf]

Well there we go.
[picture of updated SimSelf]

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#22 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
So... nobody ever made a sim of themselves and do all the things they want to do in real life but can't? Like download NRAAS assassin mod?

*ahem* me neither. Just cool job, great wife, kids, *ahem*

Hmm, I've always let out my killing spree urges in GTA up until now, but you may be on to something here
Mad Poster
#23 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 12:03 AM
Well my SelfSim has always been somewhere in his mid-to-late 20s (it's a good Sim age) and I haven't, but in some ways I've out-matured him. I haven't quite out-sexied him in all ways, but probably in some too. It's been years since he's had an update though so I finally got around to it just now:

2015 Pi, vaguely looks like me:

2016 Pi, doesn't look like me at all but at least the hair's a little better:

2018 Pi, the hair's not quite that long IRL and the resemblance is still largely nonexistant, and I don't like that sweater, I never wear it IRL, but at least he's up to date now.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#24 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 3:42 AM
I have a sim that represents me with same hair and eye colour, but she isn't me. I find the thought of true to life self sim of me and / or my family and playing them in my game kind of creepy and uncomfortable to be honest. Pary Sim used to live in a save game with a bunch of other forum friends self / representative sims, and that was quite fun - I generally don't mind playing self sims of people in the community, but not my own family.
I tend to play more Supernaturals than anything else.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:34 AM
Unless aging is off, which I never do, I would think it would be hard to see yourself, family, and friends die in the game one by one.
Page 1 of 2