Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:37 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 26th Nov 2017 at 4:08 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Slight Black Flickering Screen...?
Hello!

I recently noticed when I opened TS2, that the screen flickers slightly but rapidly during the loading screen and throughout - in general. It is as if the brightness keeps changing every 2 seconds or so, and every now and then it goes black for a second and back up again. I did some research about it and found several threads over at Leefish with regards to the screen flickering, but I'm not quite sure if it's actually the same issue... I did try their suggestions though, and so far, nothing fixed it. I tried the GRM, some modified graphicsrule.sgr files that a member shared, I also rolled back my Nvidia drivers to see if that could fix it because I did update the drivers before the issue appeared or became noticeable, but unfortunately, none of them worked.

ETA: I have Windows 10 in case that matters...

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 1:00 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 27th Nov 2017 at 2:32 AM.
The GRM has not worked in my game (I don't know why). Downloading the files from here and adding them manually to the program files did.

I used the Nvidia Texture Fix. one - there are 2 files in there - I use Windows 10 as well, although I have the UC. I did not experience any black flickering, though, but perhaps it is worth trying.

Edit: Files from here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:29 PM
I had to roll back my drivers recently after an update that played merry hell with several programmes.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 7:00 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 30th Nov 2017 at 3:08 PM.
Thank you both for your suggestions. I did a combination of both, installing the graphics files and rolling back, restarting, and running as admin as well just in case. That seemed to have fixed the issue for now. The flickering isn't apparent anymore so hopefully it won't be a problem any longer.

Thank you very much!

ETA: Ok, apparently that didn't seem to solve the problem either. Then I updated my drivers again and G-Sync was turned on. So I turned it off and that seemed to solve the problem. All is well!

Thank you nevertheless.