Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 3:46 PM Last edited by It's-LittleOldMe : 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:48 PM.
Default Legacy Apocalypse Part 1. Nuclear
Hi guys this is my first ever challenge so I'm sorry if it's a load of rubbish but at least I tried.

Backstory:

You came from a wealthy family who was loved in your community and everyone knew your name, you had straight A's in school and recently graduated high school with high hopes of going to college. But obviously nothing stays the same forever and one fateful day a nuclear bomb hit your small town, luckily for you that day you were with your boy/girlfriend messing around in an underground bunker belonging to your girl/boyfriend's wealthy parents, who had prepared for such events, listening to the radio when reporters said that the people of Sunset Valley fired an extremely dangerous neclear bomb. You have no idea if your family and friends are safe, the only thing you know is that there is some really bad fallout in the outside world, with only you and boy/girlfriend left can you survive?

So now that you now the backstory you may now get into CAS.

CAS:

Your first sim: Can be a sim self or not- must have ONE survival related trait such as: green thumb, gatherer, kleptomaniac etc no more than one.

The boy/girlfriend: Can look like your real life boy/girlfriend or not - must have at least THREE survival related traits such as: brave, athletic, mean spirited (that way s/he never loses a fight) etc.

You may add the sims friends if you wish but they must have at least ONE survival related trait or more.

Unfortunately there is always some type of rules to follow here are the ones for this challenge.

Rules:

1. During this part of the challenge you CANNOT leave the underground bunker until you have these items; you must build a dresser (just wait a few sims hours until your sims "construct" a dresser) then make one of your sims change into a "gas mask" (just change hairstyle or wear a necklace, you may use custom content if you wish) only then can you leave and scavenge for food and other supplies.

2. If you leave when you are not wearing the "gas mask" your sim dies and its game over because the other died while awaiting the return of the dead sim.

3. You have to take the "gas mask" off while in the bunker (if your game is glitchy you do not have to do this) if you don't the "gas mask" rips and you don't have another one.

4. If there are any sims nearby your bunker and you leave you must roll a 20 sided dice.

1-8-The sim is friendly and are open to trading. (Go to trading.)
9-14- The sim is weary tells you to stay away and threatens you only to run off screaming at you.
15-19- The sim seems insane as they say they're going to kill you if you don't go back to where you came from and starts walking towards you, you have 30 sim minutes to escape.
20- The sim comes toward your bunker knocks you out kills anyone in the bunker and steals everything (except furniture and one young child) when you wake up they are talking about killing you in three days, between the hours of 12am - 3am, you can find a sim of the opposite gender, befriend them, start a relationship and run off together.

5. If you reach adulthood before having a child you become infertile meaning you can no longer have children.

6. If any child does not gain any survival traits before becoming a young adult the child dies and you must have another child.

7. You must always randomise the traits of any child born.

8. Your children are not allowed to go to school either bulldoze the school, download the homeschooling mod or just not let them go.

9. The sim who goes out, MUST be back by 10pm, don't want the family getting worried and going out looking for you without any gas masks.

Time for scoring

Scoring:

+50 for each sim created (leave room for baby/babies)
+70 for each sim successfully brought into the bunker (must be good friends first)
+100 for each child born with survival related traits
+20 for each child born without survival traits
+10 for each survival trait developed
+30 for each survival trait randomised to a child
+80 for each nice stranger
+50 for each weary stranger
+ 70 for each time escaped the insane sim
+100 for each time escaped murderous scavenger
-30 for each time failed to bring a sim into the bunker
-50 for each child that dies due to no survival traits.
-70 for each sim that dies due to unnatural causes.
-30 for each non survival trait that is randomised.

Okay now we are done with the scoring time to explain the bunker

Bunker:

Can be underground but if not must be a metal house sort of, must have five rooms or more rooms, you do have running water during certain times of the day and electricity. An area to eat and store food (turn the fridge around so sims can't grab quick meals.) an area to sit down and watch TV, any bathrooms should have a toilet, a sink and a shower or bathtub, there should be at least one double bed, so you can make babies, two single beds and one crib, AT LEAST. You need so many beds because your going to have kids and for you family line to continue you need to get people to move into your bunker. You CANNOT have the best furniture in the game, all the stuff is throw aways of a rich family, so bad TVs, bad chairs, dirty walls, floors, cheap lights, etc. You can only have good furniture, if a kleptomaniac steals it. Cars can only be used for three days, then they run out of fuel. No taxis, no cars with fuel = Sims having to run everywhere. Have as much money as you want, you can't buy anything, only place stolen or traded things, you can harvest plants from community gardens and plant your own.

Power and Water:
Water works between 10am and 8pm
Power works between 12pm and 9pm

Trading:
You can trade furniture for a power cell or water tank (they both last four sim days and add two hours onto your water and power time.)
You can trade small pieces of furniture for food
You can trade food for small pieces of furniture
You can trade a power cell or water tank for big pieces of furniture and larger amounts of food.

Can't forget the survival traits:

Athletic
Brave
Mean Spirited
Angler
Green Thumb
Gatherer
Kleptomaniac
Charismatic
Mooch
Genius

The rest are non-survival traits.

Once your kids reach their young adulthood a whole new apocolypse starts and that's where this challenge ends and the next begins is will post part two soon so just stand by for that. Feel free to bend the rules a small bit and add more if you wish, if you have any questions just ask and I will answer as soon as possible, please post pictures of your survivors and how they are going, I really hope you guys enjoy this challenge and have as much fun as possible please notify me if I copied someone I'm sorry if i did. This will be a three part challenge so I hope it won't be too lengthy. If I missed any details just tell me as I said this is my first challenge so I'm sorry once again. Bye for now guys. Xxxx
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 12:59 PM
Thank you if you had the patience to read through my challenge, really hope you play it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 5:57 PM
Decided this is going to be a four part legacy now sorry for the confusion
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 10:54 AM
Next part will be out next week on Friday.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 1:17 PM
hey whats really the difference between the insane survivor and the murderous survivor? they both try to kill you and you have even less time to escape the insane survivor than you do to escape the murderous survivor. in fact the murderous survivor seems more insane than the insane guy he's giving you three days to find someone else and run back to your bunker. its ridiculously easy to befriend someone and get into a dating relationship. you can do it in just a day.
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 4:40 PM
I'm playing the challenge right now and I'm having a decent go at it. will there be a trade system installed? because day one my sim had the best luck in the world (well, he does have the lucky trait but still) and scavenged up a pair of mega speakers (basically the best radio in the game, one tier lower if you count the radio from into the future) my sims have no use for it because they have their tv and he found a small battery powered radio of their own and the idea of hooking up the mega radio seems a little stupid with their limited electricity (I'd assume its limited anyways) but with their value I'd wish I could trade them off for some gear my sims could have more use for than the speakers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:15 AM Last edited by It's-LittleOldMe : 29th Aug 2015 at 7:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Norinia
I'm playing the challenge right now and I'm having a decent go at it. will there be a trade system installed? because day one my sim had the best luck in the world (well, he does have the lucky trait but still) and scavenged up a pair of mega speakers (basically the best radio in the game, one tier lower if you count the radio from into the future) my sims have no use for it because they have their tv and he found a small battery powered radio of their own and the idea of hooking up the mega radio seems a little stupid with their limited electricity (I'd assume its limited anyways) but with their value I'd wish I could trade them off for some gear my sims could have more use for than the speakers.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with trading if you come across a trustable sim you may trade with them with either food or a power generator which will give you two extra hours of power to what you usually have ( which I forgot to mention ) was 10am- 8pm so if traded for a power generator you will receive power inbetween 10am- 10pm and if traded for a water pump you have two extra hours of water inbetween 9am- 9pm will be your new times if not new times 8am- 8pm but remember each water pump and/or supply will only last two sim weeks sorry for the confusion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norinia
hey whats really the difference between the insane survivor and the murderous survivor? they both try to kill you and you have even less time to escape the insane survivor than you do to escape the murderous survivor. in fact the murderous survivor seems more insane than the insane guy he's giving you three days to find someone else and run back to your bunker. its ridiculously easy to befriend someone and get into a dating relationship. you can do it in just a day.

The problem with this is that ( I forgot to mention AGAIN) was that you only have two sim hours everyday to find the sim you wish to love and become good friends and begin a relationship so you have inbetween 12am- 2am to raise your relationship with the other sim once again sorry for the confusion. Also the insane sim it takes like 5 sim minutes to step inside your bunker.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 9:45 PM
I would say mine is going pretty well as my founders are doing great with high skills in athletic and gardening and minor skills in handiness they're names are Dara Mech and Harvey Wilson they are not yet married and they have had two kids the oldest is a toddler her name is Jade Mech she is an athletic sim and a genius so she will survive but their second child Luca Mech is grumpy and hates the outdoors so I'm hoping to enough lifetime reward points to change his traits, they haven't met any strangers yet but they might one day no one has died and I'm happy I would put pictures up to show you but I don't have any oops maybe next time
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 7:47 PM
Things have been quiet lately I recommend you post any pictures or question or even an update on how your game is going you may have, anyway enjoy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 4:44 PM
Hey guys so happy that so many people have viewed this challenge yay!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 2:52 AM
I really hope that you guys have tried this challenge and if you have, throw me some pics please.