Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:11 PM Last edited by kamile257 : 17th Apr 2017 at 3:30 PM.
We need these objects from TS2 ps2 for TS4
Ok, so recently I had a little nostalgia bug and went through some videos/images from the Sims 2 PlayStation 2 game. I must say, some of the objects that they had made me realise how lacking sims 4 is. Take a look:

https://i0.fiuxy.com/0c9c1ba5e09d86...23196_640w.jpeg

They also had some pretty amazing words and locations such as the underwater dome house and the mountain house.

◊☆кαмιℓє257☆◊
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:36 PM
YES! I fondly remember The Sims 2 for consoles. We also need some objects from The Urbz-- my favorite being the Red Bull fridge. Product placement, or sheer genius?
dodgy builder
#3 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 8:08 PM
Such horrible graphics
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 8:55 PM
It looks a mess, but it's fun.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 9:41 PM
I remember the trampoline with such hatred... they CONSTANTLY went to it even when other needs were low, much like the motion gaming rig. Trampoline would be nice, but god the obsession with it was maddening.

I would love to have the surfing station from sims 3 back. Who remembers when the psycho seal would attack you? lol. Also ability to swim in the ocean...
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 11:28 PM
This was the sims 3 surf station. It was difficult to place, but it was pretty cool. And sims would walk on water to get to it!

I also want a drum set back. Like right away. I'm happy as heck to have a working violin (Sorry but the sims 3 violin NEVER worked!!) but I need a drum set! (also this sim pictured above is the sims 3 version of my avatar and his features were only possible with CC slider mods!!)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 11:36 PM
I had forgotten how horrid the avarege console games textures were in 2004. I want those windows and blue wall light instead of alien hottub again to be honest. These two items are really versatile.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

dodgy builder
#8 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I had forgotten how horrid the avarege console games textures were in 2004. I want those windows and blue wall light instead of alien hottub again to be honest. These two items are really versatile.

I tried open an old game of mine called Pharaoh. I loved that back in the days. Today it's too much crap to endure. The graphics is pixelated and together with the movement I had I closed it. Once I opened it I was bored pretty soon as well, that could just be my short attention span though :p
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I tried open an old game of mine called Pharaoh. I loved that back in the days. Today it's too much crap to endure. The graphics is pixelated and together with the movement I had I closed it. Once I opened it I was bored pretty soon as well, that could just be my short attention span though :p

I think that's the thing about old games.. we used to love them, but if we play them again today we get bored quickly lol
Graphics have come a long way since then
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 4:44 AM
The graphics are not too bad for me. I guess it's because I grew up playing 2-bit games on the atari.
Anyways I would love to have all of these objects in the game. They were all so quirky and unique.
What I miss most from the sims 4 is having fears that balance out the whims in the game. I doubt
that will ever happen though.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Instructor
#11 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
I think that's the thing about old games.. we used to love them, but if we play them again today we get bored quickly lol
Graphics have come a long way since then

I don't really agree with being bored with it since I still enjoy revisiting old games, but art-wise I think it depends. I still like pixel art, play a ton of Stardew Valley even though the graphics aren't that advanced. Maybe some people would find those ugly, kind of understandable it's not to everyone's taste, but I still appreciate it personally.

I also still like some old games like Zelda Ocarina of Time (though honestly I am grateful for the 3DS remake). It depends on the art style and how they made it. Certain games age well and withstand the passage of time. Sure some textures might look blurry but something like Zelda Wind Waker (GameCube) and Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) still look good in my eyes since they went with a cartoony or anime art style that fitted these games. I think most old games that look horrible nowadays are the ones that tried to look realistic, might have been impressive back then but not so much anymore.

I do agree though the Sims console games didn't age well at all! I still remember having fun playing them though. I sometimes wonder if I should pick them up when I see them in shops, used for like £1.
Scholar
#12 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I remember the trampoline with such hatred... they CONSTANTLY went to it even when other needs were low, much like the motion gaming rig. Trampoline would be nice, but god the obsession with it was maddening.

Well, yeah, some objects over-advertised. Dunno about consoles, but on the PC the bubble-blower was another one. I swear, out of all the cool stuff I had in my custom Richie Rich Memorial dorm, EVERY date my sims had, the guy just wanted to blow bubbles.

I ended up making a custom big fat slob roommate guy called Bubbles... :p
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Well, yeah, some objects over-advertised. Dunno about consoles, but on the PC the bubble-blower was another one. I swear, out of all the cool stuff I had in my custom Richie Rich Memorial dorm, EVERY date my sims had, the guy just wanted to blow bubbles.
You made Richie Rich,too? That's one of my stock characters in Sims 1, only he isn't the little blond boy.

Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
I ended up making a custom big fat slob roommate guy called Bubbles... :p
Scholar
#14 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 8:24 PM
Nah, I didn't make Richie Rich as a character. Just named the Richie Rich Memorial Dorm For Entitled Heirs after him. It not only had just about every luxury that could physically fit on the lot, but also at all times a maid, a butler, a bartender, and a star chef. (Screw the cereals and mac-and-cheese the normal dorm cook serves, properly entitled sims eat Lobster Thermidor for lunch) And a limo. In TS3 it also had a wine cellar restocked every day with the finest 19'th century vintages. In TS2 it had bowling lanes and a clothes boutique on site.

And I think it was in TS3 that we had a band called Die Bundeswurst playing in the bar. Die Bundeswurst = The Federal Sausage. It's funnier in German, I guess, because it kinda sounds like Die Bundeswehr = the federal army of Germany. Yeah, it might have involved those hot dog costumes :p

Well *ahem* at least the voices in my head thought it was funny.

Plus, stuff like a fresh vegetable garden for the chef, pool, statues, you know, the good life.

So... yeah, if anyone was wondering how my TS3 vampire fairy managed to endure going back to uni until she got ALL degrees, at 1 credit per semester (she tried doing more than that, really, but it interfered with her party and sex life)... yeah, that may be why :p
Forum Resident
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 12:47 PM
I was actually JUST thinking about this yesterday and how we got so much cool objects in TS2 console that wasn't even in the PC version!

But those screenshots bring back memories... TS1 and TS2 for PS2 were my first sims games ever. :')
dodgy builder
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissChevus
The graphics are not too bad for me. I guess it's because I grew up playing 2-bit games on the atari.
Anyways I would love to have all of these objects in the game. They were all so quirky and unique.
What I miss most from the sims 4 is having fears that balance out the whims in the game. I doubt
that will ever happen though.

I hated the silly games on my commodore. I took a brake until internet came along with a hole new world to explore. I didn't and still don't see much point in chasing silly stuff up and down ladders.
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 25th Apr 2017 at 11:01 PM.
You didn't? Man, that was all the rage when I was a kid. But then we got computers and that was the end of that...
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#18 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:29 PM
I played the heck out of TS2 console back in the days! Though I do remember the funny bits of it. Like for example, you could lock the hamster wheel whenever another sim was on it. Whenever you'd talk to the genie, it would say something that you wouldn't expect a genie to tell your sim. And don't get me started on the checkers chicken!

For some weird reason I always though that huge tube thing was some sort of shower. Turns out it's a bed. Or what you'd call a bed. And apparently there are 2 options: Meditating, or sleeping:

Oh and the cool thing about the hovering tub thingy, is that you could either switch it to art mode or, well spa mode.

(Trying to keep it till 4 images is hard lol)
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th May 2017 at 8:27 AM
actually there are a few conversions from these or remakes not sure i never played TS2

i saw the trampoline on tumblr with animations

and the tubular bubblysleeper container is a conversion also. i dont think it has animations but im unsure ..havent downloaded it.
find them here in the downloads section

http://grilledcheese-aspiration.tumblr.com

btw i would love to have this alien pool!