Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1576 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 9:26 PM
Looks like stain glass in the background. Hmm...

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1577 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 9:30 PM
Personally, I think glass blowing would be a nice hobby to have in twinbrook, if you choose to add it in - for all we know, the venue could be hideous. It would be right at home with everything else, overall. I'm not too sure how they're going to treat this new hobby. Will it be a skill? Can we make more than just deco (like how the toy maker has toys)? Will the objects be available in buydebug? Can we chose the colors? Is it a group activity? Can vases (it's inevitable) have flowers? Can sims die from the open flames, or at least be set a fire?

I wish they'd give out information.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
One Minute Ninja'd
#1578 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 10:01 PM
Well, of all the activities I've felt were missing from the game, and now relying on the Store to dribble out whatever last ideas are banging around in their left behind little brains, glass blowing would not have made my top 500 things I'd like to see in TS3 before it's "completed".

Now, if this were tied to MV, with some hint of this being like Murano glass, I could somehow make the leap, rather than the simple pizza oven. But as a new activity, with a new venue that comes with "premium" stairs? Not on my wish list.

Oh, and matrix, death by glass blowing seems like a natural. Bet they price the death out as an addon for only another 500 Simpoints.
Mad Poster
#1579 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 2:11 AM
Sounds like a steal!

Mad Poster
#1580 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 5:24 AM
Aw, I was hoping for jewelery making. It would have added an extra layer to the gem-collecting aspect of the game.
Scholar
#1581 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 2:03 PM Last edited by Nemiga : 23rd Jan 2014 at 4:23 PM.
Mehh I was hoped for everything,but not this.maybe others find fun in glass blowing,but not me.Skip this set.Why they can't make something really useful?for example:more sport stuff like volleyball,boxing,tennis court ......
Alchemist
#1582 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 3:05 PM
Why can't they just create something that's more common as an activity, like knitting needles or pottery wheel or something? I don't want my grandma to spend her afternoon blowing glass in the basement as a hobby. It's not like every house would want one anyway.

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#1583 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 4:20 PM
I'm sorry, but glass blowing is just plain dumb! Nobody has asked for it and nobody particularly wants it. If you asked me what I would want to see in the game, glass blowing would not even be on the list.

What I would have preferred to see would be a return of the helicopter. Instead of that stupid hot air balloon. The helicopter was one of the best parts of the Sims 2. It was loud and obnoxious -- perfect for a sim to fly around in.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1584 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Mehh I was hoped for everything,but not this.maybe others find fun in glass blowing,but not me.Skip this set.Why they can't make something really useful?for example:more sport stuff like volleyball,boxing,tennis court ......

I would have loved these suggestions. Oh well.

Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Why can't they just create something that's more common as an activity, like knitting needles or pottery wheel or something? I don't want my grandma to spend her afternoon blowing glass in the basement as a hobby. It's not like every house would want one anyway.

I don't know why but I found myself laughing loud at this. Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
I'm sorry, but glass blowing is just plain dumb! Nobody has asked for it and nobody particularly wants it. If you asked me what I would want to see in the game, glass blowing would not even be on the list.

What I would have preferred to see would be a return of the helicopter. Instead of that stupid hot air balloon. The helicopter was one of the best parts of the Sims 2. It was loud and obnoxious -- perfect for a sim to fly around in.

That survey had glass blowing in it and I remember members of the forum wanting it. I guess they spoke louder? *shrugs*

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#1585 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 10:06 PM
Where's my damn tea set?! Gettin' real tired of your shit, EA...
One Minute Ninja'd
#1586 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
That survey had glass blowing in it and I remember members of the forum wanting it. I guess they spoke louder? *shrugs*

And if the survey asked members if they wanted to throw their car keys off a bridge, they'd vote for that too?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1587 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 12:13 AM
So, glass blowing it is. I wonder what's next, a horseshoe smithy, or welding?
Scholar
#1588 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 12:30 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 24th Jan 2014 at 12:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Don't we already have L-shaped stairs?
Well you can do it by using CFE false to do the trick. With the amount of tutorials this seems unnecessary to me. This really should of been in a final patch if that was the case.

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Aw, I was hoping for jewelery making. It would have added an extra layer to the gem-collecting aspect of the game.
Now that would of been on my instant squee list! Can you imagine the possible combinations instead of having all the gems and metals just for show?

Some examples ideas are..

Sliver + Diamonds = Sliver Diamond ring

Gold + Diamonds = Gold Diamond ring

Whoohooum + Pink Diamond = "Irresistible charm Necklace"

Platinum + Blue Topaz = "Friendly Charm Ring"

Platinum + Luminorious Gem = "Stress relief ring"

Plutonium + Tiberium = "Consequential Glowing Band" Sims get nauseated and value adds up each Sim day!

Mummitomium + Emerald = "Anti-Mummy Charmer" decreases chance of being mummyfied

Mummitomium + Ruby = "Rapid-Mummy Charmer" increases chance of being mummyfied

I guess the fans/fansites outside of the forums are not the majority any more, sad indeed.

@douglasveiga: Thank you so much and I can't believe the hidden seed plant is corn. I thought it was really something special. That's so disappointing that's all I have to say.

If this require the latest patch then I will have to pass on this one. It's sounds and looks okay but whatever I wouldn't mind to getting it, but individually this time though. I hope your Sim won't just make a few glass items and call it a day. Then again I am not holding by breath.
Scholar
#1589 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 6:17 AM
The perfect anticlimatic reveal to their crappy attempt at publicity. Glass blowing. Fine as one of my activities for some sort of hobbies-filled expansion pack, on its own? Not even the elusive L-shaped staircase is enough to make me remotely interested.

And a jewellery store venue would have been perfect as a business that ties in with the stupid gem collecting activities.
Mad Poster
#1590 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 3:20 PM
10 bucks the stairs won't have a matching rail.

Like pretty much every other staircase released recently. Who matches those anyway, right?

One Minute Ninja'd
#1591 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 4:33 PM
10 bucks might buy you the matching rail.
Mad Poster
#1592 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 12:19 AM
This is sad.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1593 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 2:29 AM
L shaped stairs. Woohoo.

SimGuruCopeland tweet.

Scholar
#1594 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 2:43 AM
It's not even like the ones on Sims Making Magic? Lame.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1595 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 2:53 AM
I should have known it would be one type of stairs, it did say L-Shaped. Sigh. I did want some U-Shaped ones too, or will they release it in another venue set? I wonder what is the size of the footprint? 6 tiles? Hopefully 4 tiles.

Scholar
#1596 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 3:20 AM Last edited by juansfalcin : 25th Jan 2014 at 2:00 PM.
I should have known it would be one type of stairs, it did say L-Shaped. Sigh. I did want some U-Shaped ones too, or will they release it in another venue set? I wonder what is the size of the footprint? 6 tiles? Hopefully 4 tiles.

Looks 3x3, notice that there's 3 plants in the middle.
Top Secret Researcher
#1597 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by caolve
It is glass blowing after all.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruTatertot...3371009/photo/1

I'd like for my sims to be able to practice a blowing skill, but, yeah, I don't have glass in mind.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
#1598 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 4:39 AM
It's a 3x3. I see both sides, which is excellent, but what about variety? It's a very contemporary staircase. A little wood should help things (a lot). But, yeah, no railing. Overall, I'm pleased - especially with a new build item, but this should have been a patch or expansion object, not the store, since build objects of any sort are a necessity.

Will there be a modular version?

Of course not...

Alchemist
#1599 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 4:48 AM
So we have to purchase from the store in order to get the stairs? I guess in The Sims 6 or something, all the fundamental elements of Buy / Build modes have to be purchased separately on the store. Wanna enclose your private space with walls? Buy it from the store!

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1600 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 5:21 AM
You might be making a funny, Nikel23 but I can see it happening. Considering how things are going so far.

Page 64 of 124