Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#1501 Old 18th May 2017 at 6:50 PM
awww that is soooo awesome and sweet of you @MystAngel !!!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1502 Old 18th May 2017 at 7:46 PM Last edited by MystAngel : 18th May 2017 at 8:12 PM.
I'm glad I could help, guys. :lovestruc
I bet we all like to click on those convinient table entry links so much, and usually not think about the tedious work needed to put them there.

I got a bunny sticker today! Thank you, MTS Staff. :lovestruc
But the star sticker stayed, even though I no longer have a picked creation. I'm hoping the moderation is not thinking: "Better put something decent up already, and try to earn that star!" I guess once received stickers can't be replaced or taken away, only added, even when they don't reflect exact state of creator's achievements anymore.
Scholar
#1503 Old 18th May 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MystAngel
But the star sticker stayed, even though I no longer have a picked creation.

I think that sounds like a good reason to upload something

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Field Researcher
#1504 Old 18th May 2017 at 9:27 PM Last edited by enebya : 4th Jul 2017 at 12:23 PM.
Round 3 - The Elliotts
- No CC-

The only thing Frederick Garnett cared about in college were his bike and his computer. He studied computer science, and he could spend hours just cleaning his bike, making sure the tire pressure was exactly right for the next trip he planned and sometimes he even went biking in the Driftwood Hills. A lot of things changed when he met Dana Elliot. She was lively, always the soul of the party and when she liked him, Frederick just fell for her. It wasn't long before she told him she was pregnant. Frederick wanted to marry her right away, but she wouldn't hear of it (What would she look like in a wedding dress pregnant? And no drinking juice on her on wedding day? Never!). So Rosalie was born out of wedlock and got her mothers surname. When Rosalie was a toddler and old enough to spend a night with the babysitter, Frederick insisted on making things right and married Dana. To keep things simpler, he took his wifes name. But Dana just wasn't made for family life. When they moved away from college, into their first real home in the driftwood community, the first thing Dana did was flirt with the first neighbour that walked by. So Frederick, broken-hearted, took his little princess and moved her into their own home. Dana still visits sometimes, and he still dreams of her kisses...

Mad Poster
#1505 Old 18th May 2017 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 20th May 2017 at 1:07 PM.
Round 3: Lamberts, No CC

I built the Lambert house in AGS to ensure I made no further mistakes about what was and wasn't CC, and then transferred the lot to Crooked Beach in my full game for playtesting and eventual picture taking. This price shot is the only one taken in AGS, and the only one I couldn't get the gridlines out of. Thanks to the number of rooms and the necessity for far more complicated corners than I would normally have, it was hard to keep the pictures down to the correct number and I may yet have counted wrong. I realize some of them are also a bit crooked, but I am so tired of taking pictures and still pretty sick, so, it is what it is.

First up, let's meet some requirements.

All right, that was nine pictures, leaving me nine with which to show all the rooms at sims'-eye view. Ain't happening. Too many rooms, with too many obscuring corners! So let's cover the most important things.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1506 Old 18th May 2017 at 10:37 PM
@MystAngel Thank you so much! Yes that was my next step to do, gather the entry links and update the table with them.

What picked creation? You only have one creation uploaded and it's a feature. If you have a missing achievement post to site or creator issues.

@Phaenoh Isn't it just. I messed up that linking 'Score' for round 2, four times last night! At least not many people would be on to see my mess ups since most are asleep.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#1507 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:10 PM
I wasn’t around when MystAngel got a feature (congrats ), but I guess she must’ve got a pick first if she has an achievement for it. It’s probably common to get a pick and then a feature.

There are a lot of new entries recently It’s good to see that most people keep going, I hope there will be so many contestants up to the end

Also, I realised I never posted pictures of my application entry edited to use in my main save, so here it is. I placed it in Oasis Valley near the road with Moroccan-modern buildings; while it isn’t that style (it’s modern with tikki elements), it still fits there because of the outside colours.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#1508 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:29 PM
Wow, Voielle!

Peni, I love your treehouse. I think you built without CC, but if you did want to add a support or two, the angled OMSPs plus columns might work very well. How funny about wallpapered ceilings. I must admit it would have never occurred to me to put coloured wallpaper on a ceiling. It's common to use plain white with texture here (aaaargh... textured wallpaper... how I despise you!)

That is interesting Jo about pool fences, I was reading about this the other day, I think it is only Australia and some of the Southern US states which require fencing by law. I've seen a few residential pools in various homes in Europe, several with children, and none of them fenced. In fact a friend moved away from a beautiful house when she had her second child in part because she was forever anxious about her toddler around the pool. It was interesting because reading about the alarmed gates etc you can get made me think I should probably fence my sims' pools in more often than I do (rarely).

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#1509 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:32 PM
I happen to be in one of those southern U.S. states simsfreq
Scholar
#1510 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:39 PM
@Peni Griffin don’t you have a mod that makes the roofs lighter? The roof shown in the price picture is much darker.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#1511 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
@Peni Griffin don’t you have a mod that makes the roofs lighter? The roof shown in the price picture is much darker.

Huh. So it is. I don't think I do. It's the sort of thing I never notice so I don't know why I'd download one, but I suppose it might've piggybacked on something else. Or it might be a difference in the lighting for time of day? Or some fluctuation in my monitor? I have no idea.

As for wallpaper on the ceiling; my own house is 100 years old and in some rooms still has original wallpaper on the ceilings. It's very faded and stained now, but when we were repapering the dining room and had to pull the old stuff down and got a close look at it, we could tell it had been beautiful stuff, with a leaf pattern done in metallic copper. So since then the sky's the limit on what I'll consider putting on my ceilings.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1512 Old 19th May 2017 at 7:41 AM
@Sweet Mystre You may add a floor plan of a shed, tree house or gazebo. That counts as a free picture.

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
YESSSSSS! I got the exact emoticon I was hoping for!!! BEST SCORE EVAR! :lovestruc

I just now noticed this post.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1513 Old 19th May 2017 at 9:01 AM
Peni Griffin Excellent building, I am impressed by how ''easily'' you fitted the whole family in there

MystAngel - I think all of us appreciate you finding the links for Jo.

Jo, I hope you get a chance to take a day off and take your kids to look at kangaroo's or something ( - I think you deserve it.

As for the judges - well, they are going to have a seriously hard time in this round! I am off to work over the weekend, but the fermented fruit juice bar is fully stocked : See you all on (my) Monday!
Field Researcher
#1514 Old 19th May 2017 at 9:50 AM
Jo, Voeille is right, I don't have a missing achievment, I have an excess achievement. That one lot was once picked, and I received a star for it. Then it became featured over time. But I got a bunny sticker only yesterday. Yet, a star remained, even though I don't have any picked creations the star could represent anymore. Thank you for updating the table, by the way.

Penni, the lot seems like a family paradise. About the roof... if you don't want to make a new CC-free Sims 2 folder for a contest, maybe you can package the lot and scan it with clean installer? Although, to be true, I don't know how it handles default replacements, or mods that affect game environment, since I don't have any. But that can wait; if you're sick, you should rest and only do fun things that relax you. Personally, don't think the roof thing is a big deal anyway.

Having multiple TS2/TS3 save folders is my regular playstyle in any case, not just for this contest. For whatever new theme, or hood, or type of play, or CC bundle - I start a completely clean game and add only what is needed. It's easier for me to back the game up that way, put a little description about what it contains and easily find it when needed. Also, that is how is easier for me to play and use it in the active game folder; it is smaller, cleaner, it runs smoother...

Glad I could help, Justpetro. You'll be missed, see you soon.
Mad Poster
#1515 Old 19th May 2017 at 10:26 AM
The roof issue looks like lighting to me. The side showing the price is in shade whereas the other pictures show the roof lit up. I find that roof very light in game and to me it often looks odd so I rarely use them even though they are nice rooves. Sometimes I use the grey one.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#1516 Old 19th May 2017 at 1:19 PM
I've finished my house for the Lamberts. And I've moved a copy of it from my building 'hood to my contest 'hood. Now just to move the family in and take the pictures. I see I've still got two and a half days to go, so I should make it, but I don't think I'll change anything unless I find a requirement missing or a major unplayability. It's §53 under budget, which is closer than I've usually been going in this contest. Originally it was about §400 under, but when I got a look at it in the dark., I found it needed quite a bit of extra lighting. This was mainly outdoors, but also in the Goth girl's room. The décor she chose is so dark you can hardly see anything in the room. Her parents have insisted on a ceiling light in addition to the two faint wall lights she wanted, but even with the extra light in place, the room is still pretty dingy. I believe it's what she wants though.

simsfreq, I understand Peni took the price picture in her AGS hood where she built the house, and took the other pictures in her main game. So it looks to me like she's got something in her main game that affects the colour of the roof. It's a bit odd, because I thought lighting mods went in the Program Files and affected everything including AGS games. Unless of course her AGS game is on another computer. Jo could you just accept that the roof is really the colour it appears in the price picture and give her the No-CC bonus anyway?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1517 Old 19th May 2017 at 1:22 PM
Shh Andrew, bring up nothing and I see nothing. Apart from things I see and that roof wasn't one of them. Anyway it looks like a maxis roof to me, just in lots of light.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#1518 Old 19th May 2017 at 1:37 PM
@MystAngel defaults don’t include with lots (or sims for that matter), as the game doesn’t think a defaulted item is CC.

Simblr
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1519 Old 19th May 2017 at 2:55 PM
This might be what is making your roof lighter Penni, check your downloads for any of these files names just in case

Voeille, I absolutely ADORE your lush desert. How do you do that? I want an entire hood like that. My desert hoods keep looking like the American West during a 10 year drought. (Which is cool on it's own, but I want yours too!)
Mad Poster
#1520 Old 19th May 2017 at 4:43 PM
I've got a few 'picks' over the years - but never a 'feature' (not for lack of trying, either!!!) Good on you, @MystAngel

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#1521 Old 19th May 2017 at 6:13 PM
It’s a bit long so it’ll be better in a spoiler, if someone isn’t interested they won’t have to scroll over that

And I’ve got several stars but never a feature too, but maybe at some point I’ll manage to create something spectacular enough, who knows

Simblr
Field Researcher
#1522 Old 19th May 2017 at 6:27 PM
Your gardens look simply amazing, Voeille. I hope you don't mind a WCIF, because I'd love links to some of the ferns you are using. And maybe those recolours you were talking about some time ago?

As far as my entry for this round is concerned: It's mostly done, but I'm not completely satisfied with it, yet. =/

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Scholar
#1523 Old 19th May 2017 at 6:38 PM
The ferns are mine but I haven’t released them yet – they don’t have a texture when covered by snow (which is not a problem for me right now because in my desert hoods I have only summer and spring), and I also want to make a hood deco version. Making that shouldn’t take long as I can apply the snow I made from Maxis textures for default replacements, and the hood deco version won’t be different to the lot one (I want it hi-poly), but I haven’t got around finishing those things. I hope I will soon, because it’s been ages since I made those ferns and I tend to overuse them because they just fit everywhere because of their simplicity

And what recolours? I post a lot so I don’t always remember what I mentioned in which thread

Simblr
Field Researcher
#1524 Old 19th May 2017 at 6:43 PM
The ferns you are talking about are the recolours I meant. But there seem to be quite a few different ferns (or fern-like plants?) you use. I recognize some of them as those from Castaway for instance. But if you don't happen to have any links on hand, I just have to search for them myself this weekend. ^_^

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Scholar
#1525 Old 19th May 2017 at 6:49 PM
You mean those orange and dull-green ones I use as desert plants? They’re indeed from Castaway, I remember I got them from MATY. If you google Castaway conversions database you’ll probably find direct links.

Simblr

Page 61 of 106