Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:32 AM
Literally the only tricks I know are these. If your kids refuses to do his homework or give up before he completes it, you can moveObjects on it to a table and then delete the table. You can do this anytime before about an hour prior to his getting out of school, and his grade will go up.

And if you've lost your infant in the snow, you can switch to buy/build mode and locate him. Then, with moveObjects on, pick the little critter up and move him inside.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:48 AM
Homework

If you have the controlpets cheat on, you can direct a dog to chew homework left on the floor. After a while it'll turn into a pile of furniture debris and the student's grade will go up!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#53 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 12:20 PM
what the?!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#54 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:46 PM

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:51 PM
Destroyed homework is considered to be done.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#56 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 4:31 PM
Who's a good dog then? <pat pat pat>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 4:37 PM
If you've ever run into the situation where your sim causes a cooking fire and you realize "oops, forgot to place a smoke detector!" as the house burns down- get in the habit of placing the smoke detector in the same place in every house you decorate. I always place mine over the fridge, immediately after I place the fridge. That way, you get so used to seeing it that if you don't see the smoke detector in that same place, you realize something is wrong before the emergency.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 10:58 PM
I have a mod that lets me get into "buy" even when would be disabled (like during fire). Also allows doing things in community lots (when you take a sim there)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#59 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 1:34 AM
This isn't a trick for the game itself but a trick for screenshots. It's especially useful when making pictures for an upload, tutorials, or just editing snapshots you took for your own game. Because quite often you'll find you need to crop your pictures, and at least I often want the exact same selection in every picture. For example, right now I am writing a tutorial of how to do something in SimPE, so I want the SimPE window only. You could find a program that lets you decide exactly what part of the screen to capture, but I find this works for me.

What I do is I use the regular print screen button to take a picture of the screen, and then I use Gimp. I paste the captured screen on to Gimp, anchor it, and then use the selection tool to find the exact area of the picture that I want to keep. Then I use shift+t to bring up the re-size tool, because in the re-size tool it tells you the size of the area you've selected, in pixels. I keep that open, and open a new gimp file. It asks what size, so I just copy down the measurements from my re-size window. In the new window, I paste in the picture yet again, and this time use the move tool to move the image so that the part I want to keep is framed perfectly in the Gimp window, And this is where the trick comes in! Without anchoring or merging or doing anything, I export this image. Only the part visible in the gimp frame is exported. But Gimp knows the whole picture is there, and any picture you paste in will be placed exactly the same as the old one (presuming it is the same size). Which means if we now paste in a second picture with the same area we want selected, it'll already be set in the exact frame you want to export. So once you got that first bit set up, it's only a couple of clicks for each picture. Ctrl-V to paste, ctrl-shift-E to export, write name, press enter, enter. That's it.

Maybe all gimp users already know of this, and maybe it's helpful to no one, but I thought I'd mention it because it sure saves me a ton of trouble. For example, if you don't want to use a red line remover mod you could use it to cut the red line out of your upload pictures without having to crop each one manually.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#60 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 3:55 PM
I'm a GIMP user who didn't know this, so thank you very much for the tip, gummilutt!
Test Subject
#61 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:11 AM
Hi, I have a problem with the sims 3 on the pc even since I installed the sims3 late night. Every time I click on the town map the screen goes black and white and its blinding. I can only see the outline of the town and the symbols above the buildings and houses . Any ideas of what this could be?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#62 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:13 AM
@sopucym The Sims 2 chat board is not a good place to try and get help for Sims 3. You want the Sims 3 help area.

Sims 3 help board: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#63 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
what the?!

Yeah, that's how homework works in the sims. If you don't longer have it = no problem, as your grades won't lose. It's especially an overlook of developers part for not adding the typical "my dog ate my homework" excuse.
Forum Resident
#64 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 8:24 PM
Anyone know the trick that you use in bodyshop to blend two faces? I saw it somewhere, and I know you click something (Alt, ctrl, space!!) and then you click each face and it will blend them on a slower gradient. It helps smooth out their harsh edges so no more pointy jaw. But I can't remember where I saw this..
Mad Poster
#65 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 9:43 PM
* Adding to the Gimp tutorial - if you have Photoshop instead, you can save an action that crops, saves, and closes the window. All you have to do is to make the area you take a picture of is the same for all the pictures, then open up one of them, set a new action to record, crop to your liking (and do other neccessary changes that would be applied to all the pictures), save, and click the "X". Click the "stop" button for the action. Open another picture and run the action to check if it applies right (you can untick the "close" action so you can go back and do changes if need be). Then open up all the pictures you want to apply the action on, and run the action (tick the "close" action first).

It's saved me a ton of work, especially when taking pictures in Milkshape to use for thumbnails. Instead of having to crop, resize, save and close 30+ individual windows, I just click one button 30 times, and all the pictures have identical cropping and size.

It's also possible to automatize actions for less clicking (I mostly use it for making quick JPGs when I've been out photographing, but it can be used for any set of pictures that needs the same action applied). Put all the pictures in a folder, and use the "File --> Automate --> Batch..." function. Select an action (the "set" is the action folder, and "action" is the name of the action), find the folder with your pictures, and sit back and relax while Photoshop does all the work.

Quote:
Anyone know the trick that you use in bodyshop to blend two faces? I saw it somewhere, and I know you click something (Alt, ctrl, space!!) and then you click each face and it will blend them on a slower gradient. It helps smooth out their harsh edges so no more pointy jaw. But I can't remember where I saw this..

You can blend faces from the face catalog. Choose one as a base, and slide the other as much as you want. You should be able to blend several faces this way. Haven't heard that you can use a button for smoother gradients, though.
Helptato
#66 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 9:48 PM
If you have more then one baby at a time, put the floor dividers around the cots. They won't wake each other up if they cry!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#67 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 9:49 PM
Oh, one trick that hasn't been mentioned-if you delete the mailbox (which really isn't recommended) and forget to put it back, your bills go to zero. Because the mail person can't deliver them to the ground, you know. Also if you use the Visitor Controller, and ban the mail person, the mail also won't show up.

That's good to use for deserted islands, and the like.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's right-clicking on a face template and it will blend it into the existing face gradually.
(That's how it works on CAS anyway, I think it works the same in Bodyshop, if I remember correctly from where I first read it at.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#69 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Oh, one trick that hasn't been mentioned-if you delete the mailbox (which really isn't recommended) and forget to put it back, your bills go to zero. Because the mail person can't deliver them to the ground, you know. Also if you use the Visitor Controller, and ban the mail person, the mail also won't show up.

That's good to use for deserted islands, and the like.

Except your sims will all vanish and your lot won't be in play mode so bills will be moot.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#70 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:40 PM
That's why deleting the mailbox is a no-no. Far better to use the VC to stop the mail person from delivering the bills. Of course that means other things, like 'thank you' notes and checks from others don't make it either.
The only time I find it necessary for gameplay is when the setting is in the wilderness or the tropics-where mail people normally don't show up.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#71 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:38 PM
Thanks guys, that's exactly the tip I was thinking of.
Scholar
#72 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Yeah, that's how homework works in the sims. If you don't longer have it = no problem, as your grades won't lose. It's especially an overlook of developers part for not adding the typical "my dog ate my homework" excuse.

I once caught the High Princess of SimHampton apparently deliberately put down her homework next to a kitchen fire that was (accidentally) started by a servant. She stepped away just before the fire spread to the homework. The teacher appeared to accept her excuse too.

Some Sims are quite devious...
Alchemist
#73 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:49 PM
adding occupied playables to current household.
make sure there is nothing in their queue list on other lot before adding them. if there was anything in their queue list, there would be like a copy of them on former lot.
same would probably apply to also sub-lots.

about NPCs passing through locked doors; on Other tab in "Character Description" resource, there is a setting in Ghost Flags box. "Ignore Traversal Costs".
Social Worker is one of the characters where that is automatically set.
Test Subject
#74 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:56 AM
1. Have at least fire and a bulgar alarm.
2. Make your Sims learn at least 1 cooking points
3. Always get cheap object when you starting the family
4. Try focus needs first then try do their Wants
5. Make Children and teenager learn the skill if you lucky you can learn it from money at school.
6. If you want to start a relationship (girlfriend/boyfriend) wait for about 60 Short Term Relationship points but it will depend on the Chemistry what Turn them on and off.
7. [For Apartment Life EP] Try to be friends with other townies, they can reduce amount of money on buying objects, receive free stuff, get your job or even promote you in your job
8. [For Apartment Life EP] Avoid being horrible to people, they can raise your rent, make object more pricey to get

That some tips I know ethier form other people or by myself
Page 3 of 3