Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#651 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KipsySimmer
One Word - Toddlers. I've heard there won't be any toddlers in TS4 !!! I love teaching and playing with toddlers, I thought they were so fun! This is a bummer for me, I might not even consider buying the game if there aren't any toddlers. Although I probably will anyway.

Don't you think not buying the game because of that is a little bit of...over reacting?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#652 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:35 AM
Besides, what if you can teach the babies to talk or something like that? I wasn't even two years old when I learned to talk. In fact, before I was two years old, I said one big sentence: "Daddy, put the thermometer back in the drawer". What if there are a whole lot of neat interactions for the babies, or some fun baby toys?

Me? I'd like to have the sims be able to knit and sew. They could make some cute clothes for the babies!
Top Secret Researcher
#653 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 9:00 AM
@JDacapo: That's a wonderful idea! Expecting families can knit little baby booties and blankies, buuuuhhh. So cuuuute.

(I also love your av, Moonie for life!)
Instructor
#654 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonstarforever
Don't you think not buying the game because of that is a little bit of...over reacting?

Just that? Perhaps. But, it's not just toddlers E.A.'s declined to include.
Scholar
#655 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 11:41 AM
I would love more romance interactions. Or if teens or children could set someone as their "crush". Then they would think about them, or get some sort of "tongue tied" moodlet when they talk to them.
Test Subject
#656 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:27 PM
Default Really!
What are you playing on? an Atari?
Scholar
#657 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Twodudes
What are you playing on? an Atari?

What are you talking about?
Mad Poster
#658 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 2:22 AM Last edited by JDacapo : 27th Jul 2014 at 9:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by rinarunine
@JDacapo: That's a wonderful idea! Expecting families can knit little baby booties and blankies, buuuuhhh. So cuuuute.

(I also love your av, Moonie for life!)

Thanks! I'm working on a fanfic where the guy in my avatar, Nephrite, and the other 'generals' or 'Shi-Tennou' return to life, each paying a toll to do so. Nephrite is looking quite forward to having that chocolate parfait with Naru!

Edit: Oh, and another simple thing I'd like to have in Sims 4 would be cockatiels. They're cute and affectionate, and can create a nice 'happy' moodlet for sims who talk to or play with them. Attempting to play with a cockatiel when their relationship isn't high enough, however, may make the bird fly around the house or bite the sim, making the sim angry.
Scholar
#659 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 2:25 PM
I feel like there should be more romantic and child interactions.
For example
-A child waking someone up in the night and screaming BOO!
-Parents kissing their children goodnight.
-Sitting on walls and kissing.
-Children and Teens to "beg for...." They would ask for money, or if Pets is installed, a pet.
-For Teens to get into "Teen Wars"
-For Elder Women to "Whack with Handbag"
-For Elder Men to "Poke with Cane".
-For Elders to complain, ruffle hair and give out about The Teens of Today.
-Much More.
Lab Assistant
#660 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 3:04 PM
I'd like a gizmo to manage rotational gameplay so we can keep track of how long we played each family, who we have actually played etc.

I also hope that the weather will be consistent and seperate from each family so that if I have 4 families they won't each be stuck in the same season because I play for 7 sim days with each family and each season is 7 days
Test Subject
#661 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 3:27 PM
Oh. Generally smarter sims. If you really want to read that book or go to that nightclub, do that instead of dancing in front of the TV. And also, some kind of management of what the sims actually do with their free time. I like to play one sim the most, with the rest of the family kind of free to roam, but all they do it watch TV, play video games, read the same old book for the thousand time and maybe, just maybe, throw a ball with their kid. That is all. No autonomous painting? Jogging? Calling a friend? Walking anywhere? Cleaning out the fridge? Whatever! Also, I had a Bonehilda (Love myself a good ol' Bonehilda) but all she did, through the entirety of the days, was firing up the fireplace and then standing in front of it, warming her butt. Literally, for like seven days and nights until I cancelled her out. Wtf?

Also, I would like to have people come over and ring my door bell. In my sims3, no one has ever rung the bell without being called before.

I want to buy a cellphone, not always just have it. Two-sided relationships.
Top Secret Researcher
#662 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:34 PM
Like IrishA03 said, I'd love some more interactions for sims.

Elders "Talking about Good Ol' Days"
Children crawling into bed with their parents when they've had nightmares
Parents putting their kids in time out in a corner, kids either take it well or they scream the entire time
Parents taking their teens' things away as punishment, ala "You are a creative, so I'm taking away your easel / Taking your car keys!"
Parents teaching their teens to cook
Grandparents / Elder parents passing down recipes
Elders giving their grandkids candy / money to spend
Scholar
#663 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:24 PM
More interactions!!!
I would love more teen interactions. Or if children could have a "girlfriend/boyfriend". (<Nothing more than sharing chocolate with them, working on assignments together, playing on the swings together... :lovestruc )

Also, if you're best friends, BE best friends. Work on assignments, chat on the phone, gossip about someone, take best friend quizzes, etc.

I'd like for children to work on assignments. Maybe the ability to cheat and copy someone else's homework/assignments?

I'd like teens to "fantasize about future together". Or any couple, as long as they're not married. Maybe if parents could stop kids from dating, but they could sneak out and hide behind bushes. Or if they break up, talk about why they broke up.

I'd like couple's children to react if their parents break up. Maybe cry, or "beg to get back together"? Maybe a child can harbour resentment towards their parents new partner, if the player wants them to. They can ignore them, blame for parent's divore, etc.

All in all, I want Sims who are like real life people. EA wants to give us emotions; give us emotions we want.
Lab Assistant
#664 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 1:14 PM Last edited by moonstarforever : 29th Jul 2014 at 1:15 PM. Reason: I put "Only there much" :faceslap:
Babies that don't cry because there hunger went down 1% (Not TO 1%, like from 100% to 99.9%, only that much)

Baby sim: I love my mommy and daddy! hehe, they even got a toy for my crib! Wait...what's that hunger bar down there? It went down 1%! MOMMA! MOMMA! IT WENT DOWN 1%! COME SEE! Wait, why are you putting that bottle in my fac- *Drinking milk*
Scholar
#665 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:56 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 29th Jul 2014 at 4:19 PM.
Still want Slob to be split into Messy (doesn't care about low Environment, conflicts with Neat, maybe Perfectionist and Eco-Friendly too) and Gross (doesn't care about low Hygiene, conflicts with Proper).

Gratuitous littering goes into Messy. Gratuitous farting goes into Gross.

With trait fluidity, many toddlers and children might pick up Gross, but most would outgrow it.

Homework should not take two to three hours. What kind of busywork are they giving these kids? Why not have Standard/Honors programs? Standard has less homework, but will make getting into college harder. Then, we have level of education determine how far they can get without skill-grinding.

Also - barf bags. Kills the "Nauseous" moodlet dead unless it was from pregnancy. Throw up into it and be done with it. Great for motion sickness or food poisoning (spoiled, questionable, or just awful tasting).

Also - I liked the "smashed guitar" decoration from one of the store packs. Why can't we do it ourselves?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Field Researcher
#666 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonstarforever

Not really, especially if you're a generational player. tbh, even if they were to include everything they're so bent on taking out but toddlers I wouldn't purchase it because it doesn't fit my game-playing style. I like legacies, 100 baby challenges, raising kids challenges & so do a lot of other simmers. It doesn't make any sense to skip an entire age group in which you learn your most basic skills. It's stupid & a perfectly justifiable reason for not purchasing the game.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Test Subject
#667 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inuyasha1013000
People get thirsty why not sims? I mean it would be cool if you have to drink water or something. Another thing more interaction with the kids!!!

Why can't Sims get a drink from the sink? It's RIGHT THERE!
Test Subject
#668 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XMenFreak922
A few simple additions to my previous post:

- Veterinarian job - it completely boggles my mind why the veterinarian profession and animal related jobs have not been included in the pets expansions. There's so many possibilities: dog-walker, cat sitter, Breeder would be an awesome self employed career, heck you could even have an animal psychiatrist or goofy pet detective careers!

- Some old careers from past sims games brought back - Adventurer, Lawyer, especially dancer and ballet dancer career, it gave my child and teen sims something to do in their spare times you know? There's probably more I'm not remembering at the moment but you get my drift. More careers that younger sims can prepare for would be interesting.

Yes to all of that, and children should be able to take piano lessons and play chopsticks ad nauseum.
Test Subject
#669 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 4:38 PM
Forgive me if this has already been said, but I want my sims to take walks together (love the idea of soul mates stated earlier). I'd love to be able to walk and talk to get somewhere, and it would be nice if Sims could look around at things when they're walking... notice the neighbor's gorgeous landscaping (that I made!!), and maybe even wave to their neighbor's/acquaintances/friends as they pass.

Ride bikes together would be wonderful as well, like ride side by side and chat, or even just notice each other.
Forum Resident
#670 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 5:16 PM
I'm sure this has already been said, but toddlers. In fact, I cancelled my preorder when they announced there wouldn't be toddlers and I refuse to buy the game until they add them for free. I won't pay extra for something that was supposed to be in the base game. If I never get the game (like if they don't add toddlers or try to charge for them) that's fine. I'm sure I can find other games to occupy my time. It's sad though, since I've been playing the Sims since the first game came out.

I don't see how aging wouldn't be screwed up without toddlers anyway. If babies are suddenly aging up a decade or so, shouldn't they catch up with their parents' ages pretty soon, like everyone will be an adult at the same time? Unless they really made the baby or child stage long to make up for it.
Mad Poster
#671 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:08 PM
The upside to no toddlers is the helpless babies will suddenly be able to feed themselves and possibly be left alone a few days after being born. No terrible twos, no toddler tantrums or crying when none of the needs are critical. Not that I particularly like the removal of toddlers, but there is a silver lining. With toddlers temporarily out of the picture, parents can regain a lot of sanity right after the babies have their birthdays.
Forum Resident
#672 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vernal
I want my sims to take walks together.

That would be lovely! I'd love to see a group of friends actually walking with each other while they're on an outing, too. Unfortunately, the routing for individual sims has never been so great that I'd trust them with routing groups or even couples together.
Scholar
#673 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:53 PM
Talking about groups......
-Walk together (Mentioned Above)
-Sit and eat together.
-Couples to feed each other (Comes from a expansion for TS2)
-Maybe if someone in the group sees someone they know, they would tap and get everyone else's in the group attention. Then they would call over the person and chat (Unlikely but would be nice.)
Scholar
#674 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 12:50 PM
TV channels should have schedules. For example, the cartoon channel will show toddler shows during the day, children's shows during the afternoon, and teen/young adult oriented shows later at night.

If food no longer satisfies completely...actually, that would work well as a weight mechanic. It would actually be best to keep your Hunger around zero, where -100 is starvation and 100 is overstuffed. Keeping hunger negative will cause weight loss after a while and vice versa.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Inventor
#675 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:10 PM
Now it's not going to be an MMO I think I really would like a simple colour wheel
Page 27 of 29