Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#15401 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Bigsimsfan12
Try the link in this snapshot from 2010 on the Web Archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/2010061....org/10557.html
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wnymy...klet%27d%29.zip

Thanks Simsample! I've put them in my game :D

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#15402 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:38 PM
I have my Neighborhood folder, but somehow, someday in the past it got copied in the folder so I have my N10 folder within a N10 folder. I'm concerned because the main neighborhood file in the second folder shows it is updated when I open the game, along with the main neighborhood file where it's supposed to be. So stupid question: does/should it read both files at once and update them after I save?

I once deleted the entire extra folder in January and then like a week later some sims and lots disappeared so I restored from back up where the duplicate N10 folder is still in the main N10 folder. It just sucks because I have like DOUBLE the amount of data being used.

EA Games>The Sims 2>Neighborhoods>N10 (where current stuff is)>N10(where the main hood file is still updating in addition to the proper one)

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#15403 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 8:40 PM
Ok, Contrarys, why are you crashing instead of loading? Jocques load fine . . . why are you being so contrary?

I know, I'll have to move them out and see if I can load them elsewhere. It's a stupid question. New-ish hood, they haven't been played yet.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#15404 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 1:17 AM
How difficult is it to add skill and enthusiasm gain to a custom object? Are there tutorials around for this sort of thing?

I would love to add Creativity skill and Film & Literature enthusiasm gain to Limonaire's TS4 Buildems Blocks but I have no idea how to go about it or if it's something that I wouldn't stand a chance of being able to do.....
Mad Poster
#15405 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 2:53 AM
I vaguely remember reading about deleting thumbnails, which would regenerate. In my CAS (in-game; I haven't checked body shop to see if it's the same) when I look at pre-made sims the pictures are messed up. Sometimes when I click on a picture, what comes up is actually a different sim I've created. Would deleting these thumbnails fix this? And where do I find these thumbnails to delete?!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15406 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 2:54 AM
Yes, delete your CAS thumbnail. Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2>Thumbnail folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15407 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
How difficult is it to add skill and enthusiasm gain to a custom object? Are there tutorials around for this sort of thing?

I would love to add Creativity skill and Film & Literature enthusiasm gain to Limonaire's TS4 Buildems Blocks but I have no idea how to go about it or if it's something that I wouldn't stand a chance of being able to do.....

I think this covers skill gain. http://modthesims.info/t/142907 I've never figured out how to add enthusiasm.
Top Secret Researcher
#15408 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes, delete your CAS thumbnail. Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2>Thumbnail folder.

Speaking of Thumbnails, I wanted the preview pictures for item in the Buy Mode catalog like beds to display what the DEFAULT replacement for that bed looks like and not the Maxis version, so I deleted the file ObjectThumbnails.package and the game created a new ObjectThumbnails.package however the preview in the Buy Mode for the beds still show the original. Is there a fix for this?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15409 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 11:57 AM
Odd. Try Ctrl + right-clicking it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15410 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 12:06 PM
Where can I find a love letter fix?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#15411 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 2:06 PM
What's wrong with your love letters? How can we tell you about a fix for a problem you don't describe?

BTW, if your post starts "Where can I find," it's a good bet that it belongs in the "Where Can I Find" forum.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15412 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

If you have alfixes, remove it.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15413 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 4:42 PM
This is a mix of what I discovered and a question. Last night I discovered that I can use sims manipulator to move strays in as pets. Yay! As an animal person, I was always upset by the little pixels wandering around.

Anyway, once I get the critters moved in, I don't know how to tell which sex they are. Is there somewhere to find this info?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#15414 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
This is a mix of what I discovered and a question. Last night I discovered that I can use sims manipulator to move strays in as pets. Yay! As an animal person, I was always upset by the little pixels wandering around.

Anyway, once I get the critters moved in, I don't know how to tell which sex they are. Is there somewhere to find this info?

Did you check in the Relationship panel @smorbie1? The little icon should be there on their portrait

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Alchemist
#15415 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 8:03 PM
about enthusiasm gain; looking at the programing of objects that build it might be a help.
Undead Molten Llama
#15416 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86

Crisps & Kerosene posted a hobby enthusiasm tute here: http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...bbys-enthusiasm. As for its difficulty....It's BHAV editing, so how hard it is will likely depend on your level of familiarity with that and/or whether or not you're willing to become familiar with it. My own level of BHAV-editing familiarity is currently zilch, but I have the tute bookmarked for some day when I finally get off my butt (or get ON my butt, as the case may be ) and sit down with Echo's tutorials...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#15417 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 10:01 AM
I made topic of this some months back, but i had it happen again, so i figured out i'll write it here because tbh, i'm interested.

For some reason, my sims' gravestones keep duplicating. I have this system in my neighborhood where i put all the gravestones into the inventory of the owner of the town graveyard (summoning him to a lot, making him selectable, putting the gravestones into his inventory and then making him unselectable and poofing him out with Sim blender) so he could place them into the graveyard when he visits it. Everything to this point happens normally. But when i arrive into the graveyard, there are some duplicated gravestones next to the community phone. I have absolutely no idea what causes this. I hope it doesn't cause any corruption (I haven't played the community lot much so i haven't seen the ghosts yet). The duplicates are exactly the same as the original stones so it's not just blank stones. I wonder if the Hood checker causes this, as it sometimes asks what is the graveyard in the hood. I just think it's little annoying since my graveyard keeps filling up with these unnecessary duplicates i'm scared to delete even when i have the fixes that could allow me to do it w/o corruption.
Test Subject
#15418 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Here is an alternative alfixes which allows love letters :
https://slig.dreamwidth.org/33808.html
Mad Poster
#15419 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sepowo
Here is an alternative alfixes which allows love letters :
https://slig.dreamwidth.org/33808.html

Thank you

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15420 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 12:36 PM Last edited by maxon : 23rd Sep 2018 at 4:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
For some reason, my sims' gravestones keep duplicating. I have this system in my neighborhood where i put all the gravestones into the inventory of the owner of the town graveyard (summoning him to a lot, making him selectable, putting the gravestones into his inventory and then making him unselectable and poofing him out with Sim blender) so he could place them into the graveyard when he visits it. Everything to this point happens normally. But when i arrive into the graveyard, there are some duplicated gravestones next to the community phone. I have absolutely no idea what causes this. I hope it doesn't cause any corruption (I haven't played the community lot much so i haven't seen the ghosts yet). The duplicates are exactly the same as the original stones so it's not just blank stones. I wonder if the Hood checker causes this, as it sometimes asks what is the graveyard in the hood. I just think it's little annoying since my graveyard keeps filling up with these unnecessary duplicates i'm scared to delete even when i have the fixes that could allow me to do it w/o corruption.

I would guess that's it - when you run the Hoodchecker and it asks that question, it sounds like it might run the code for graves that are 'in transit' and making sure they are getting deposited at the right lot. If you want to avoid this issue, I would visit your cemetery keeper before you intend to run the HDCU and make sure there are no graves in his inventory because it seems the Hood Checker is reading those as 'in transit' ('in transit' occurs when you click on a grave on the home lot and send it via the game system to your cemetery lot - doing this is known to have the occasional issue of losing the grave in the ether and I can see why that functionality might have been included in the Hood Checker). Two graves of the same sim are not a problem, as a gravestone is just a static sim really - just like two instances of the same sim on a lot are not usually a problem, just a glitch on the part of the game. What is a problem (though not always) is the absence of the gravestone - if you're missing one, that's when you should get worried.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#15421 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I would guess that's it - when you run the Hoodchecker and it asks that questions, it sounds like it might run the code for graves that are 'in transit' and making sure they are getting deposited at the right lot. If you want to avoid this issue, I would visit your cemetery keeper before you intend to run the HDCU and make sure there are no graves in his inventory because it seems the Hood Checker is reading those as 'in transit' ('in transit' occurs when you click on a grave on the home lot and send it via the game system to your cemetery lot - doing this is known to have the occasional issue of losing the grave in the ether and I can see why that functionality might have been included in the Hood Checker). Two graves of the same sim are not a problem, as a gravestone is just a static sim really - just like two instances of the same sim on a lot are not usually a problem, just a glitch on the part of the game. What is a problem (though not always) is the absence of the gravestone - if you're missing one, that's when you should get worried.

Thank you! I will do that from now on ;v;
Mad Poster
#15422 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Did you check in the Relationship panel @smorbie1? The little icon should be there on their portrait

Thank you! I would never have thought of doing that.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#15423 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 8:42 PM
I am bewildered. I have a family with two teens, a child, a toddler, and an infant. The school age kids are doing very well, are happy, and helpful without complaint. However, if I use the "try for baby" command with the parents, the two eldest get angry. The boy actually ran into his parents room and started silly slapping the dad. When I checked, it showed both teens 'furious with the parents. I just don't understand. I checked their fears, and there were a couple of silly ones (i.e. "see hail") and the serious, "be rejected for first kiss" on both kids. Any ideas? Thank!
Mad Poster
#15424 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 8:43 PM
Ok, here's one: I've got a lot of teens going to college in the very near future. What I want to do is play each house, and just before they all 'grow up' to be YA, move them out (because otherwise they'll miss out on the full college experience) and keep them in the Uni bin until they're all assembled.

My question is-can it work to even up everyone's ages? (I suspect it will), and what would be the best way to do this project? By the 'move teens out' or by having them move out one at a time? (remember, this hood has a few triplet and quad mixes, and they're going to be in gender separate dorms).

I'm curious as to if this will work to keep them all together and if it'll impact the parent's finances one way or another. I do know that they take whatever is left over in family funds divided by the number of inhabitants. I just want to make this as smooth a transition as possible with as little impact on both the teens and their families.

The parents will be paying tuition out of their savings accounts, and I think whatever's left is going be a small amount. There goes the retirement fund!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#15425 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 9:00 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 24th Sep 2018 at 12:28 AM.
Unless you've modded it, the only funds they'll take to college with them will be their scholarships. You have to use a mod or cheat to pay tuition at all, so refer to your mod creator for that.

If you want to move sims to college in a group, do it from the neighborhood screen. If you want each of the quadruplets to be alone in the family bin, move them out one at a time, it doesn't matter whether you do it by phone or from the neighborhood.

Again, unless you're modding (using a community college hack or whatever) all the sims will start at the beginning of their YA period and leave college on the first day of adulthood. This is the same regardless of whether they drop out, graduate, or manage to stay in University for an unusually long period of time. In between, they'll vary in how many semester hours they have left due to the semester clock not pausing when they leave their home lot for a campus community one. You can fiddle with their ages by playing them more slowly or more quickly, by the time you make them spend in the family bin in the main hood when they leave college, or by simply using an editing tool to add or subtract days of adulthood as suits you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 617 of 1347