Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 12:38 PM
Default Games you've played with bad controls?
Unfortunately you'll come across it soon enough if you'd played any games for any length of time: Bad controls. I've played a few myself.
Among these are:

Beyond Two Souls: The controls for Jodie are great. For Aiden not so much. It's nearly impossible to move where you want.
Sonic Unleashed for the Wii: Movement with just the remote is impossible and movement with the numchuck and remote is even worse.
Heavy Rain: The characters are nearly impossible to control, and the on screen prompts for certain buttons says you did it wrong when you did exactly what it said to do.
Grand Theft Auto IV: The driving and moving is fine, the fighting is not. The character's punches and kicks are extremely slow or don't hit at all so you end up getting killed.

What are some games that you've played with bad controls?
Advertisement
#2 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 9:34 PM
Final Fantasy 13 - controls are confusing. 'nuff said.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 1:01 AM
I bought the Mirror's Edge PC port for $5 a while back even though I already had it on the 360 and the controls did not translate well to a keyboard at all. I have to play it with my 360 controller plugged in. Otherwise it's actually a pretty decent port. The graphics are upgraded from the shitty 360 ones and some of the lower res textures that seem to have been completely replaced.
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 12:57 AM
Kirby Air Ride for GameCube. Omg they make you use the A button AND the control stick. If it don't use 1 then I ain't buyin 1.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 2:08 AM
Dark Souls PC... I don't have a controller so I can't play at all
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 7:40 AM
Zelda: Skyward Sword. It has the worst controls in any game I've ever played.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 4:23 AM
So I recently bought Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition and the game is impossible to play without a controller.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 7:44 AM
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition can be played without controller only the thing is it needs lot of practice.
Inventor
#9 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 12:01 PM
Some older gamed were pretty bad in that department. E.g., Gothic was a great game but controls were quite a chore to learn - nothing was where it should be.
Inventor
#10 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 1:56 AM
The Witcher, horrible clucky combat controls. Witcher 2 was better, but could still be improved, the first half of the game is dodge dodge roll roll hit dodge dodge roll roll hit etc.
Let's hope Witcher 3 is going to be better.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.